A Little Life

Tiffany: A Mother's Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Two Days Later...

On Christmas Eve morning, Tiffany woke up around 8:45AM. Still feeling sluggish and sapped of energy, she didn't even want to get out of bed. At least until her stomach growled. The young mother rolled her eyes before sitting. Looking next to her, she couldn't help but wish Nichkhun was still with her. Something she could never get used to...was her husband never coming home to coddle her and smother her with love ever again. Looking over at her nightstand, she stared at their wedding rings, together on one pendent. Blinking once, she clutched them close to her heart. Every morning since he passed away, for the first five minutes of the day, she'd remember that he's gone. Finally, she just placed the necklace around her neck before taking her blanket off and placing her feet on the floor. Sighing, she cradled her belly. Slowly, she got up, holding her back before waddling to the restroom to freshen up for the day. Today, she just took a longer shower. As she cleaned herself off, she looked down at her bare belly, gently caressing it. This was her final day of pregnancy, as she was scheduled to be induced the following day. "Hopefully after tomorrow, you'll be out of my belly...and in my arms. Not sure why you decided to stay inside of me for an additional two weeks. But I just want you to know that I...I love you very much and that you're in good hands." She said softly before turning off the shower and grabbing a towel to dry off her body and her hair.

After drying off her body and grabbing a new set of undergarments along with a new bra, she proceeded to go ahead and dry off her hair completely. Not in the mood to really do much, Tiffany went for the messy ponytail. Smiling a bit, she then headed to her wardrobe. After putting on a belly band, she decided to look through her dresses. Just which one to wear...? Finally, she chose a pink floral off-shoulder maternity maxi dress with long sleeves, wanting to wear something with her favorite color. While looking at herself in the mirror, she adjusted her sleeves before putting on an ivory floral chiffon draped maternity kimono, feeling that the ivory went well with the pink. She then grabbed her phone to take a picture for Instagram. Placing a hand on her back, she took a picture with a help from the mirror. This photo really flaunted her baby bump, which made her very happy in addition to how the dress really popped along with the kimono. As she typed out the post, Tiffany actually smiled for the first time in months, as many of her previous pregnancy photos that were taken, she had a reasonably somber expression, mainly due to her still reeling from losing Nichkhun.

'Forty-Two Weeks and Six Days along now. This is the last photo that you'll be seeing me with my pregnant belly. It was been quite a journey. Tomorrow I will be induced and be giving birth to a darling little angel that I cannot wait to hold in my arms. I'll be honest, I'm going to miss carrying her inside of me and I'll miss having a big belly. I'll be updating to let you guys know when I go into labor. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve.'

She pressed the post button before closing off her phone and slowly waddling down the stairs. Tiffany then placed her kimono on one of the dining room chairs so that she wouldn't get it dirty while eating. For breakfast, she just kept it simple and had cereal, not wanting to really cook because most of the food would probably go to waste due to her being in the hospital for a few days following childbirth. Her stomach growled a little bit while she ate, causing her to giggle a bit. With the refrigerator being empty again, she entertained the idea of going grocery shopping, maybe get out of her shell a bit, go to the mall, get a massage...There was a plethora of things that she could do. As Tiffany went to clean out her empty bowl, her phone vibrated. As she looked over, she dried her hands before checking the notifications on her phone. It was from Instagram. When she opened the app, she saw that it was yet another DM, from Jessica...

'I am going to be in L.A tonight...I know we haven't really spoken since whatever went down four years ago...Me getting kicked out and then Girl's Generation...disbanding. But hey, I really miss you. I want to work things out and...salvage what's left of our friendship. I'm really sorry if I hurt you when I left GIrl's Generaton. Please talk to me...I'm really worried about you too. You have my number. If you need me, please don't hesitate to call. If you're tired or alone...You can talk to me. I'm here for you.'

Given the last couple of messages from Jessica, Tiffany was really considering on giving her a call. It would seem that the Ice Queen really wanted to make amends with her, to which she would love to do, but she was hesitent about it, especially with how things had ended between them and how Girl's Generation disbanded not long after. After a moment of hesitation, Tiffany pressed call when she scrolled to Jessica's number. Slowly, she waddled to the couch and sat down, rubbing her belly in a reasonably slow and nervous manner as the phone was ringing. She even took a few breaths to keep her anxiety from spiking. Finally, Jessica answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Jessica?" Tiffany called her name.

"Tiffany, is that you?" Jessica asked, overjoyed.

"Yeah, its me."

"I'm so glad you called, I was really wondering if you'd ever reply to my messages on Instagram or actually calling me. I'm so glad you did..." She started crying tears of joy. "I've been so worried about you."

Tiffany didn't know how to respond. To know that Jessica was genuinely worried about her, instead of trying to pull publicity stunts on social media, which is what she suspected at first. "I can tell. I just called to see how you were doing. Hopefully life has been nicer to you then me." She smiled a bit.

"A little. Its just...been empty, really. Not really much going on besides me running Blanc & Eclare, but its just been so...empty without Girl's Generation. Sometimes I wonder what the other girls are up to. Hey...I know its a really bad time, but...I'm flying to L.A tonight. I was wondering if you wanted to meet up at all." Jessica said as she sat down on a recliner by the pool of her hotel, which she currently had to herself.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you, now that you mention it, can you be with me when I...delivery my little princess? I'm..." She stopped in her tracks, as she took a deep breath, trying not to cry. "I'm scared..."

"Scared of what?" Jessica's joyous mood soon turned into worry.

"I'm scared of going through labor and delivery by myself...I want someone to be there with me." Tiffany started crying.

"I'll be there for you...I'm sure Nichkhun would want that. My flight is in a few hours...I'll be in L.A around nine tonight. Text me your address. I'll take you to the hospital tomorrow too. And I'll be there to comfort you while you're in labor...and when its time for the delivery." Jessica said, reassuring the young mother.

"I can't thank you enough. Anyway, I have a few things to do. Maybe have a bit of me time before I meet up with you tonight. I'll text you the address. Enjoy the rest of your trip in Hawaii...and hey, its good to hear from you again." Tiffany repli

Please log in to read the full chapter