I Choose and it's you

I Choose and it's you

“I don’t need someone,” Jeonghan protested, trying to get his arm out of his friends god damn death grip.

“That’s what all lonely men with too much money say,” Seungcheol scoffed. “There are some really cute ones here. Now come on. Just looking won’t hurt.”

Of all the dumb ing ideas Seungcheol had. This was one of the stupidest.

The store had a little bell, ringing as they walked in.

“Welcome to The Menagerie,” a man with sharp eyes said. “Do you two need any help?”

Seungcheol shook his head. “I don’t. My friend here does. He’s got too much money and no one to use it on.”

“You’ve come to the right place,” he said with a smile. “Do you have a preference for what sort of hybrid?”

Jeonghan lips thinned. Shaking his head, he shot daggers at Seungcheol’s back. Seungcheol the , who practically skipped away. He probably had one he had his eye on, that’s why he dragged Jeonghan here too.

“We’ll start out simple then. We’ll find one that interests you. No worries.”


“No birds either?”

Jeonghan grimaced as the feathers flew everywhere. “Too much clean up.”

“Hmm,” the shopkeeper hummed, deep in thought. “Well there is…” He looked Jeonghan up and down. “I have one more. He’s very special. Maybe you will pass his test.” He tilted his head, “This way.”

He led Jeonghan down the hallway, to a door that seemed fancier than the others.

“Quiet now. He’s likely sleeping.”

Opening the door, he motioned Jeonghan to step in. The room was opulent to say the least. Full of fancy furniture. And there in the middle of the room was a chaise, where a hybrid with white striped ears slept. His tail curled around his leg, striped like his ears.

“Joshua is special. Rare. A white tiger. He chooses who he will go to. No amount of money will buy him if he doesn’t want to go,” the owner whispered.

Joshua yawned, his ears standing like he heard them. Stretching, he sat up, looking in their direction. “Who’s this Jun?”

Jeonghan stopped, eyes taking in all he could. Joshua was pretty. But deadly. Jeonghan saw the flash of fang. But the way his eyes twinkled, the breathtaking smile, his cheeks.

Jun smiled. “He’s interested in obtaining a hybrid. But none of the others seemed to catch his attention. I thought you might change that.”

Joshua shook his head. “You know that I don’t go just anywhere.”

Jun motioned to Jeonghan. “He might interest you too Joshua.”

Walking to Joshua, Jeonghan kneeled on one knee in front of him. He held out his palm, “May I?”

Bemused, Joshua put his hand into Jeonghan’s, his ears alert. Jeonghan was handsome at the least. And had prettier manners than anyone else that came to see him.

He took Joshua’s hand and lifted it to his lips, kissing the top of it.

Joshua felt a rush of blood. Oh. He felt himself blush.

“I’ve never seen someone so pretty before.”

Oh. Oh, how interesting.

“Excuse me for my impertinence.”

Joshua moved his other hand, lifting it to run his fingers through Jeonghan’s gelled hair, then down his face, tracing his cheekbones to his jaw, lighting running across his lips, where Jeonghan laid a kiss on them. “You’re the one,” he said softly. “You can have me.”

“I’ll get you ready to leave then Joshua.” Jun smiled. “I’ll see you two at the counter.”

“You’ll be good to me?”

“I’ll try my best,” Jeonghan promised.

“That’s all I ask,” Joshua replied, his cheeks flushing.