Chapter Two

Crystal Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your Highness,” Jungkook’s advisor said from the other side of the boy’s door. Jungkook sighed deeply and finished dressing into his ballroom attire. It was the day of his engagement ball, so Jungkook had to spend his evening dancing with girls he didn’t even want to marry. He didn’t even want to go to the ball. But he had to attend no matter what. It was, after all, his ball.

“You don’t have to keep pounding on my door,” Jungkook snapped, opening his door and glaring at the blonde man who was wearing his usual black vest over a white dress shirt.

“I’m sorry, Your Highness,” the man said, bowing deeply. “But you must come down to the ballroom. All your guests have arrived. You are the only one who isn’t in attendance yet.”

“Is Prince Park Jimin down there?” Jungkook asked, only interested in seeing the silver haired prince.

“I don’t know, sir,” his advisor said. “But Her Majesty has informed you many times that you cannot marry him, Your Highness. You have to marry one of the girls. You--”

“I get it,” Jungkook said, waving his hand to shut him up as he pushed past his advisor. He didn’t want to hear the same thing over and over again. Jungkook already thought up a plan. But he wanted to get Jimin’s sister, Chaewon, on board.

Jungkook stomped all the way down to the ballroom, with Namjoon running to keep up. Jungkook really wasn’t in the mood to socialize, but he knew he couldn’t disappoint his Kingdom. As he got closer to the ballroom, he could hear all the chattering and the music from the people present. He glanced at Namjoon, who nodded his head and quickly ducked into the room. Jungkook listened as the music stopped and the room went completely silent.

“Now presenting Crowned Prince Jeon Jungkook,” the royal announcer told the room of people. Jungkook nodded to himself before sight and stepping towards the doors. The two doors were thrown open as if on cue. Jungkook made his way inside, looking around at all the people inside.

There were middle aged men and women mixed in with girls and boys around Jungkook’s age scattered all over the room. There were even a few children, but that’s not what Jungkook’s focus was. Jungkook scanned the room, his eyes landing on that silver haired boy he remembered from the picture. The boy was standing next to a taller boy that had a square smile and pink suit on, with matching pink hair. The two of them were staring at Jungkook as Jungkook made his way to the floor.

Jungkook sighed, knowing he couldn’t go straight to Jimin, or else his mother might actually kill him. Instead he scanned the floor for Jimin’s little sister. She was easy to spot, since she was standing with her oldest brother. A man who looked like a literal giant next to her. Jungkook made a beeline towards her, bowing deeply and offering his hand. She almost seemed upset at his offer.

“Princess Park Chaewon,” Jungkook said as she grabbed onto his hand. “May I ask for a dance?”

“I…” she said, glancing back at her brother. The tall man gave her a small head, causing the girl to sigh and look at Jungkook. “Yeah, of course, Your Highness.”

Jungkook nodded and pulled her towards the dance floor. From her hesitation, Jungkook could tell that this girl didn’t want to get married. It didn’t seem like she even wanted to be at the ball. And that alone made this seem ten times easier for Jungkook. Maybe he could succeed in talking her into hooking him up with her brother.

“Can we talk?” Jungkook asked into her ear as they danced. “Just from the look you gave me, I can tell you don’t want to get married.”

“It’s not that!” The girl cried out, suddenly panicked. “I’m just nervous! I…”

“You don’t have to lie to me, Princess,” Jungkook said, softly. “I don’t want to get married either. At least… not to a girl.”

“Oh,” she said with furrowed eyebrows. After a moment of silence, her eyes widened in realization. “Oh! Wait… You’re gay?!”

“Keep it on the down low,” Jungkook hushed her, glancing around to make sure no one heard her. Luckily no one noticed. “Yes, I am. And, uh, I was looking at pictures of the princesses and… The reason I came to you is because… Well you were in a picture with your brothers and…”

“You like one of them?” Chaewon asked, causing Jungkook so slowly nod his head. “You can’t have Chanyeol, cause he’s already Crowned Prince. And he’s married and--”

“Not Chanyeol,” Jungkook interrupted, glancing over at Jimin, who was laughing with his pink haired friend. Chaewon followed the direction in which he was looking, a gasp of surprise filling her lungs.

“Oh my god, Jimin?!” she asked, her face brightening up in a huge smile. “No way!”

“Is it surprising or something?” Jungkook asked, causing her to laugh and shake her head.

“It’s not that,” she assured him. “Jimin… Has a hard time finding love. He just… He needs someone to love him for him. Not because he’s a Prince. And most Princesses are so stuck up and don’t look twice at him. He’s been declined each time he was chosen as a candidate for the crown. And… I’m just happy that this time he wasn’t a candidate but he’s being chosen. That’s what my brother really needs. I want him to be happy.”

“So will you help me?” Jungkook asked, stopping mid dance and pulling her off to the side to talk a little more. “Win him over?”

“What do you need me to do?” she asked, the smile still plastered on her face.

“Um, I don’t want to marry any of these girls,” Jungkook said, gesturing around the floor where all his candidates were. “But I have to still dance with each one of them still and then choose my Bride. And my parents can’t know I’m choosing him.”

“So choose me and propose to me,” Chaewon said with a cheeky grin. “And then that means I have to spend time with you. I’ll make sure my brother stays too, saying that he has to earn your trust so our Kingdoms can partner togeth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter