Chapter One

Crystal Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No no no no!” Jungkook cried in frustration, throwing his game controller to the ground as he lost yet another round in his game. He’s been trying to beat this level for three days now, but he kept dying. And he was over it.

Jungkook groaned and stood up, turning off his tv. Just as he did so, there was a knock on his door. Jungkook closed his eyes and counted to ten before straightening himself out and walking towards his door. Lately there hasn’t been much time the young man has had to himself. It was quite irritating, to be perfectly honest. He just wanted to live a normal life, but for Jeon Jungkook, that was completely impossible.

Jeon Jungkook was the Crowned Prince of the Crystal Kingdom. And in a month’s time he would be taking over the Throne as King. So lately he’s been attending a lot of training classes that took up the whole entire day. If he wasn’t training, he was in meeting after meeting with castle officials or townsmen. He had so much on his plate that he literally had no time to live as himself. He had to learn the ways of being a king, of pleasing his people. He had no know how to actually rule.

And being King meant letting go of some of his morals and beliefs. Something that seemed a little far fetched, or even impossible for the young man. But of course he had to do everything to please his parents. What King would want their son to be a royal disappointment? Especially when that son was their only heir. To Jungkook it was complete bullcrap.

Yet would could he do but follow orders? So with that, Jungkook walked over to his bedroom door and opened it. Standing outside his door was his personal advisor, Kim Namjoon. The man had dirty blonde hair with a white button up shirt and black vest. He greeted Jungkook with an apologetic smile, already aware that Jungkook was exhausted from all the obnoxious meetings and lessons.

“I’m sorry to bug you, Your Highness,” Namjoon said, bowing softly, “but Her Majesty requests you to accompany her in the lounge. It’s time to go through the slides and choose your Bride.”

“My bride?!” Jungkook asked incredulously. “She expects me to marry a woman?!”

“It’s required of you, Your Highness,” Namjoon told him, standing up straight again. “The whole world expects you to marry a woman.”

That was another thing about the Crowned Prince of Crystal Kingdom. He wasn’t like the rest. He didn’t fancy girls. That wasn’t his type. No, he was very aware of the attraction he had towards men. Yet the whole world looked down on those kinds of relationships. If a prince were to as far as mention he was homoual, then that might just cause the end of life as we know it. How could Jungkook go against the world? What sorcery would that be? No, instead he was expected to follow the world’s wishes. Which was nothing new to the young prince.

“ the whole world,” Jungkook said, rolling his eyes. He sighed and looked around, spotting his blazer on a chair near his bedroom door. He picked it up and shouldered it on before nodding his head at Namjoon. Namjoon signed and turned around, leading Jungkook out of the room. Namjoon knew not to argue with Jungkook. That never got him anywhere, since Jungkook would fire right back.

Jungkook followed Namjoon into the lounge room, where the Queen was standing with some of the castle staff. The Queen looked up when Jungkook walked in, giving her son a soft smile and gesturing for him to sit on the (not so comfortable) couch in front of the projector screen that took up the whole entire wall. Jungkook sighed and slouched into the couch, crossing his arms. He would do anything to not be here at this moment. He would rather be playing a video game at that moment. But what would life be if he actually got his way?

“Sit up straight, Son,” the Queen ordered, causing Jungkook to groan and slowly straighten himself out. “This weekend there will be a ball, and you must propose to your Bride at the ball. All of these bachelorettes will be at the ball, but you must be acquainted to each one now. At the ball you must dance with each of these girls and--”

“I don’t want to marry any of them,” Jungkook cut in, causing the woman to frown. “I want nothing more than to marry a woman.”

“Jeon Jungkook,” the woman hissed. “You will not--”

“You can show me the pictures and tell me about each one,” Jungkook said, waving her off. “But you’ll just be wasting your time.”

“If you DO NOT marry one of these women, you WILL NOT be King,” his mother hissed, causing Jungkook to smirk.

“I have to become King, Mother,” Jungkook said, shrugging his shoulders. “I’m the Crowned Prince and your only heir. Dad’s ready to step down. I’m his only option to step up. So whether or not I marry one of these women, I’m still gonna be King.”

“It’s the law,” the woman hissed, causing Jungkook to shrug his shoulders.

“I’ll be King,” Jungkook replied. “I make my own laws, don’t I?”

“Jeon Jungkook!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter