Chapter Three

Crystal Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Does your mother not like me?” Jimin whispered so that only Jungkook, Chaewon and Taehyung could hear as they sat around the large table in the conference room. Jungkook chewed the inside of his cheek, glancing at Namjoon who was watching him closely.

“My mother… Is very judgemental,” Jungkook replied, glancing at Jimin’s father. “Um, she doesn’t like that your mother was a servant girl before marrying your father.”

“I know other reasons why your mother doesn’t like my brother,” Chaewon said with a smirk. “But I won’t get into those reasons… For your sake.”

“What are you talking about?” Jimin asked with raised eyebrows. Jungkook and Chaewon both waved their hands in dismissal, just as Jungkook’s parents walked into the conference room. They both sat at the head of the table, looking around at the guests.

“Welcome,” Jungkook’s mother said, giving everyone an obviously fake smile. “So it looks like Jungkook has chosen who he wants to marry. Now in preparations for the marriage, we would like Princess Chaewon to stay here and get to know her new Kingdom. She will--”

“I think my brother should stay as well,” Chaewon cut in, causing Jungkook mother to frown deeply. Jungkook wanted to laugh out loud. His mother hated when people interrupted her. “I want to have someone I know close to me during this time. And my parents are busy helping Chanyeol Oppa with his own coronation. I want Jimin Oppa and his friend, Taehyung, to stay here as well.”

“I think that’s a great idea,” Jungkook agreed, looking at Chaewon’s parents.

“I agree,” Jimin’s father said before Jungkook’s mother could interrupt. “It would be a good thing for both our Kingdoms. Jimin’s been a little down lately, so a change of pace would be good for him. He’s been locking himself in his room, playing video games and refusing to come out.”

“You’re a gamer too?” Jungkook asked with a small smirk. “We’ll get along just fine.”

“Guards!” Jungkook’s father called, causing 3 young men to come running into the room. Jungkook recognized them as Namjoon’s friends. The tallest one with blonde hair was one Namjoon spent the most time with. “I have a task for you three.”

“Yes Your Majesty,” The blonde said, bowing deeply. He was followed by the other two.

“Kim Seokjin, I’m assigning you to the Princess Chaewon. You’ll be her personal guard,” the King ordered, before glancing at the other two. “Jung Hoseok, you’ll be assigned to Prince Park Jimin during his stay, and Min Yoongi, you’ll be assigned to Lord Kim Taehyung while he’s here. Can the three of you show our guests to their rooms? And help them with anything they need?”

“Yes Your Majesty,” Seokjin said, bowing again and looking at the three next to Jungkook. “Please follow us.”

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jungkook said, waving at the three as they started to leave the room. Chaewon hugged her parents before following her own guard out. Once they were gone, Jungkook stood up to leave as well.

“Not so fast,” the Queen hissed, causing Jungkook to look at her with wide eyes. “Don’t you dare leave, young man. You stay right there.”

“Yes ma’am,” Jungkook whispered, not really in the mood to fight. He slowly sat back down, glancing at Chaewon’s parents. He could feel Jimin’s and Chaewon’s oldest brother’s eyes on his back.

“Namjoon, please close the doors,” the Queen ordered, causing Jungkook’s advisor to nod his head and obediently close the door. The Queen then her son. “I’m disappointed in you, Son.”

“What did I do?” Jungkook asked, frowning slightly.

“You’re using the Princess!” she screamed, causing Jungkook to flinch. “We both know the only reason you chose her is because she’s Jimin’s sister, am I wrong?”

“Wait,” Chanyeol cut in. “What’s wrong with her being Jimin’s sister? I heard the words you said to my brother. Do you dislike him for some reason?”

“I have nothing against your brother,” the Queen said, glancing at Chanyeol. “What I’m against is what my son is seeking from your brother.”

“Which is what, Mother?!” Jungkook cried out, his face hardening.

“You know very well what it is,” Jungkook’s father cut in, sighing deeply. “He’s the only person you showed interest in when your mother was showing you the options of the girls you could marry. ‘I choose him’ were your exact words when you saw Jimin with his brother and sister on the screen. And now here you are, ‘proposing’ to that man’s little sister.”

“Wait, what’s wrong with him liking Jimin?” King Jeongsu asked in confusion. “If he wants to end up marrying Jimin, then so be it. We know Chaewon doesn’t really want to get married anyway. If he chooses Jimin, then it benefits them both in the end. I really don’t get what the problem is.”

“Forgive me, King Jeongsu,” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter