One

Kindred Spirits Showdown || DISCONTINUTED

Present Day

''Yah Taekwoon, wake up! We just got a request from the former owner of an abandoned amusement park to find out why the spirits are chasing away the visitors.'' the voice of Wonshik screamed into Taekwoon's ear. Taekwoon groaned and tried to turn over, but Wonshik grabbed Taekwoon's shoulder and pushed him back. Taekwoon never liked it when Wonshik woke him up, but Wonshik had a reason to wake him up. Ever since Wonshik and Taekwoon set up their paranormal team, they have cleared many mysteries around spritual activities. When Taekwoon was 16, Jaehwan and Hongbin joined their team. Even Jaehwan and Hongbin had experienced paranormal activities and once they heard about this team that Wonshik and Taekwoon had set up, they asked Taekwoon to join them. Taekwoon didn't mind, but Wonshik had to agree with him. Luckily for Jaehwan and Hongbin, they were welcomed into the team.

Taekwoon sat up straight and stretched out, before looking at Wonshik. Wonshik looked clearly annoyed, but Taekwoon didn't care sometimes.

''Right, what exactly did he tell you about this place?'' Taekwoon asked and Wonshik grabbed his phone to show Taekwoon some photos about the place.

''The owner ,whose name is Choi Seung Ji, had contacted us to investigate this place. This place is called Yongma Land and opened in 1980 as a humble and family-friendly amusement park. In the first few years, the park was really successful and people loved to go there. But as soon as Lotte World opened in 1989, people lost their interest in the park and the park disappeared more to the background. The park officially closed a few years ago, but the park isn't officially empty. A few years before the park closed, a family was killed at bright daylight. The killer has never been caught and it showed that he got away with their murder, because he has killed multiple people. Young families, elderly couples, boys, girls et cetera. Their spirits are still haunting the place.'' Wonshik told Taekwoon and Taekwoon's eyes widen. In all these years that they have been investigating paranormal places, they have never investigated an abandoned amusement park.

''When does the owner want to meet us?'' Taekwoon asked and yawned. He still wasn't pretty much awake yet, he felt like he was half asleep.

''Within a few hours, so get dressed. I'll call Hongbin and Jaehwan to meet us here.'' Wonshik says and leaves Taekwoon's room.

Shortly after the two graduated, Wonshik offered Taekwoon to move in with him. Wonshik found a place for himself and wanted a roommate, so he was glad that Taekwoon accepted his offer.

Taekwoon got up and got dressed in leather. He never wore anything comfortable when he was going to investigate, because he knew that spirits could take advantage of that. To him, the spirits have never done that. Taekwoon was a tough cookie for the spirits and he was the reason why the spirits left the spots they had investigated.

Taekwoon through his blonde hair and he went downstairs. Wonshik was still on the phone, but he was making breakfast at the same time. To Taekwoon, doing multiple tasks at the same time was something for women. But apparently, Wonshik was the only male who managed to do multiple things at the same time. Taekwoon couldn't tell who Wonshik was calling, but he didn't care either. Taekwoon sat down at the dining table and Wonshik finally put something on the table. Taekwoon signed at him that he had to put down his phone and Wonshik signed at him that he would do that soon. Later ,Taekwoon realised, Wonshik was calling Hongbin.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hours later, the four of them stood at the entrance of Yongma Land. They had to wait before the owner would come and give them a tour around the area. Hongbin was still shaking a bit, because he was terrified of amusement parks. Hongbin had admitted to Taekwoon and Wonshik shortly after he joined the team that he had an accident in the amusement park. 

''So the spirits of the deceased people still haunt this place? Shivers are already running down my spine.'' Jaehwan whined and pouted while he looked at Wonshik. Wonshik laughed and shook his head. Jaehwan could still be a drama queen at some times. But they couldn't miss Jaehwan's dose of humour.

''Annyeonghaseyo, I assume you are The Korean Paranormal Activity? Welcome to Yongma Land.'' the owner faintly smiled and opened the gate to let the four young men in. Taekwoon could tell that Seung Ji was an older man, but he still showed how much he loved to see people entering the abandoned park to take photos.

During the tour, the four men looked at all the abandoned attractions and they listened to the story Seung Ji had to tell them. This is gonna be interesting, Taekwoon thought. This is the first time they had to investigate this place, but Taekwoon was quite excited. He loved to scare the spirits and though some were quite dangerous, Taekwoon didn't care.

''But what exactly happened to those people who were killed here? What are they doing to the tourists?'' Taekwoon asked and Seung Ji looked at him.

''Right after a lot of people were killed, the spirits are doing several activites around the tourists. They are touching them and some even claimed to have heard voices whispering something in their ear. When I spoke to some tourists later, they told me they hadn't slept for a few nights.'' Seung Ji said with a stern look on his face. 

Taekwoon could hear Wonshik's low growl and placed a hand upon Wonshik's hand as a sign that Wonshik had to calm down. Wonshik was someone who had quite a short fuse and he was an easy target for spirits. But not only for spirits, even for demons. It hadn't happened a lot, but the team experienced Wonshik being possessed a few times. That's why demons loved Wonshik so much, Wonshik had such a strong personality they could affect easily. Too bad for the demons, Taekwoon wasn't such an easy target.

''Okay, thank you for the information you have given us. We will set up our cameras and we will get our equipment ready for tonight's investigation.'' Taekwoon smiled and Seung Ji bowed to the four before he left. Hongbin opened the cases and the four of them set up everything. Cameras, EVPs et cetera. Darkness was about to make its enterance and the tourists went home.

This is gonna be another fun night, Taekwoon thought.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Here's the first chapter of Kindred Spirits Showdown. I hope you guys like this paranormal story a bit.