PROLOQUE

Kindred Spirits Showdown || DISCONTINUTED

November 2000

''Yah Taekwoon!'' a young voice asks, while the voice becomes louder. When I look into the direction, I see 7 year old Wonshik coming my way. We've been friends for a few years now and we met at elementary school, Wonshik was in first grade when we met each other. And it was the young Wonshik who approached me, a fourth grader who stays silent.

''Hi Wonshik, how was school today?'' I ask and Wonshik wraps his little arms around me.

''My day at school was good, yours too?'' Wonshik asks with a big smile and I only nod. I feel uncomfortable with expressing my emotions. Wonshik pouts and lets go of me.

''Come on Taekwoon, can you say more? You never talk for long and I wish you would do that.'' Wonshik says and we walk home. During our walk home, we walk through a play yard and we sit down on the swings. Wonshik is a little bit too short for his feet to touch the ground, but Wonshik doesn't care. He keeps going back and forth on the swing and looks at me with a smile. I don't know why Wonshik is smiling so much at me, but it might be that he is happy for me to be his friend. 

I stare at my feet and I sigh. School isn't the best thing to go to, but we have to. My parents want me to do well at school and go to college. But after all: My parents don't want me to become a failure. Luckily, Wonshik doesn't realise it yet and I'm glad he doesn't know yet that even his parents want him to do well. I mean, Wonshik is only 7 years old and is just a kid. 

Out of the blue, Wonshik screams and jumps off the swing. I look up at Wonshik, who starts to cry and fear is shown in his eyes. Wonshik runs to me and tries to climb upon my lap.

''D-D-Did you feel that Taekwoon?'' Wonshik stutters and tears keep streaming down his face. I lift him up and I wrap my arms around the 7 year old boy. Once he looks up at me, I shake my head.

''No Wonshik, what did you feel? Tell me.'' I tell him and Wonshik's head rests against my chest once again. The only thing I feel beside Wonshik on my lap, is the cold wind that blows through my dark hair.

''S-S-Someone w-w-was t-t-touching m-m-me.'' the young boy whines and my eyes widen. What? How can someone touch him when nobody is around? What is this? I streak through Wonshik's hair and Wonshik slowly stops crying. I've comforted Wonshik so many times in the friendship we have built. Shortly after we became friends, Wonshik was bullied by a few kids of his class. I don't exactly know why, but these kids probably wanted to put Wonshik down. I have defended him when school was out, because these kids didn't leave Wonshik alone. Not even after school.

It doesn't take long before this entity is touching me in my neck aswell. I feel a cold breeze in my neck and it's like I can hear a voice laugh.

''Yah! Who is touching me? Show yourself!'' I yell and Wonshik looks up.

''The entity that touched you, was touching me aswell. It also sounded like someone was laughing.'' I say and Wonshik starts to cry again. But it can't be that some spirits are around us, because I don't believe that they exist. Apparently, they do exist. Because we otherwise wouldn't feel them... or are Wonshik and I born with a gift that we can sense spirits.

''Wonshik-ah, maybe we should start a team to investigate which spirits are here. Because I wanna know why we are being attacked.'' I tell Wonshik and Wonshik nods. Wonshik has stopped crying once again and a smile is replacing the sadness on his face. Wonshik lets go of me and starts clapping in his hands. Then, I feel the same energy touching my neck again and it sounds like it says my name. Oh dear, it starts to become real serious right now.

''Wonshik, let's go home. We should try to find stuff that we can use for our investigation.'' I look at the seven year old and a brighter smile appears on his face. I don't want to get a seven year old involved into this, but this spirit seems to be after me and Wonshik. I get up from the swing with Wonshik in my arms and I grab our bags from the ground. 

''Let's go home, Wonshik-ah.'' I say and the two of us leave the play yard. I don't know what to feel about this, but we have to start an investigation team to see if we can find out why places are being haunted.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

A/N Alright, this is the first chapter I have written in the time I stopped writing while being on a holiday. School has started last week, but I have long days right now. I have three days I have to go to school until 4:30 PM and I won't have time anymore to write anything. I will try to do so to make myself active once again. This proloque is quite ty, but I'm glad I at least dropped something. I hope y'all like it.