Chapter 11: New Bonds

The Worth of 100 Million Won
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was no way she would have been able to get home on her own. With her set of skills– or lack thereof –she definitely would have gotten lost in the foreign country. Maybe Yongguk’s father would be more happy about that. 

But, it appears that Yongguk’s father didn’t trust her all too much anyway, even with all that has been said and happened. So, he had secretly sent a man waiting for her at the bottom of the hotel. Could she trust the stranger? No. But, did she have a choice in the matter? That is also, a no. 

So, she could only thank God that she made it back to Korea in one piece. 

And, she thanks God that Yongguk’s father misjudged her. 

***

She knew that name sounded familiar. 

She may not remember the too-many letters but, it is that same fact that she remembers the company at all. Jongup would die knowing that her trying to distract everyone with the news on TV that day in order to avoid uncomfortable talk has turned out to be very useful. 

Walking up the steps and into the scaling building, she tightly holds onto the black backpack. Something she earned as a souvenir from her lovely trip to Japan and has been protecting it with her life. Can you blame her? It’s quite an expensive souvenir, after all. 

“Can I speak to Miss Ahn Hyejin?”

The secretary at the front desk looks away from the computer. “Do you have an appointment?”

“I don’t. But, if you can mention to her that I am here in place of Mr. Bang, I think she will understand.”

And, that was her ticket inside. 

Entering the large office, she finds a beautiful young woman staring back at her from behind the desk. Their lives normally wouldn’t have intertwined– a young woman who owns a large company would have nothing to do with another young woman who only has ever ran from debts. Life is surely unpredictable. 

“Mr. Bang sent you?” she asks, confusion coating her voice. 

Not really. “My name is Jinsol and I am here to talk to you about your engagement.”

***

Miss Ahn Hyejin was skeptical at first, which Jinsol figured is to be expected. Without blind trust, how could she believe someone she has never met before? And, this talk that is currently transpiring is… pure crazy. 

“Believe me, I have been dealing with debts my whole life,” Jinsol says in an attempt to convince her. 

As it so seems, Miss Ahn Hyejin’s situation is similar to Jinsol’s. Neither one had anything to do with the money problem but, somehow ended up having to remedy it. It’s always the good and responsible ones. 

“And, you can help me get out of this marriage?”

Jinsol also finds that Hyejin has no desire to be married to Yongguk for the sake of a contract or to save her company. She would have if there was no other way or hope but, that’s why Jinsol is here. Jinsol, a woman she has never met, is the hope she needed. Who would have thought. 

“Right here, in this backpack, is 200 million won,” Jinsol casually reveals as she lightly pats the backpack. 

Hyejin stares at her in shock. Finding that unbelievable, she s the backpack herself to have her own look to confirm Jinsol’s words. “This is real?” 

Jinsol nods.

“Real cash?”

Jinsol nods once more. 

“You’re giving this to me?” 

“I know this is a tough choice but, you probably would have to sell some of your shares. Along with this money, you can maintain the company for a while.”

The company has been doing well all these years and if they recover their consumers’ trust, it will hold out.... Jinsol assumes. In this situation, she could only think positively. Thankfully, by the look on Hyejin’s face, Jinsol has succeeded in giving her the hope that she needed. 

“Do you think that’ll work?” Jinsol peers at the young woman.  

Hyejin nods, letting the news sink in. “It’ll give me enough time. That’s what I really want.”

Jinsol smiles. She could see Hyejin’s mind working a thousand miles an hour due to sudden change. But, this meeting isn’t done yet. “In exchange for this, I need you to break off the engagement,” Jinsol requests.

“That’s easy.”

“Please word it carefully. You have to make sure that they know that it is you who doesn’t want this marriage.”

“Why are you doing all of this?”

Jinsol smiles at the question. “There is someone I wish to stay with.”

The answer happens to not clear up much for Hyejin. However, with some more thought, she realizes. “I understand.”

***

Gosh, she feels light now that she has gotten rid of all that cash. Though, she had known from the start that she wouldn’t be able to keep that money, the time she spent with it made her feel so stinking rich.

She had never seen so much money in her entire life. For a few days, she was able to call herself a multimillionaire. 

Now, she’s broke again.

Strangely, she doesn’t feel so down. 

Arriving at the large gates and at the sight of the home with numerous lit windows, Jinsol begins to feel unsettled. Her heart was racing like she had just run a marathon. All she could hear were her own thoughts, the sound of her own sighing, and the crickets singing in the dark. She may have been able to resolve the situation for Hyejin… but, she isn’t so sure how much luck she has left for this part of her plan. 

To be honest, she isn’t so sure if they’ll even let her in. 

But, pushing forward, she makes it to the door. Wimping out, her knocking came out softer than she wanted. Taking in a deep breath, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter