Chapter 10: Money Ties

The Worth of 100 Million Won
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Standing there, she couldn’t help but feel so exposed. God, they really couldn’t let her change? 

And, wake up Yongguk?

Before she had a chance to scream to possibly alert either Himchan or Yongguk about her situation, the stranger did end up dragging her out of there with one hand firmly over . She should have been quicker than him. Ever since being with Yongguk, her survival skills have definitely waned. 

She has been spoiled. 

Standing there and wringing her hands out of nervousness, she has yet to look up to meet the older man’s eyes. The same man who apparently wanted to meet her, as mentioned by her inconsiderate kidnapper. 

“Are you Jinsol?”

“Well, there are many Jinsol’s,” she replies softly. 

“But, there is only one Jinsol that my son, Yongguk seems to be taken by.”

So, he’s the father? But, the desire to meet him has long disappeared and now she wishes that she never had the desire to begin with. 

She instinctively steals a glance in the direction of the door. Her only escape route.

“No one will interrupt us. There are thousands of hotels in Japan. It would take Yongguk a while to find the right hotel and the right room.”

Looking up, she finally gets a good eyeful of Yongguk’s father, Mr. Bigger Boss. He doesn’t say much or do anything so, she is having quite a hard time figuring out how this meeting will end. She wishes he gave her more of an idea. Just for the sake of preparing herself. If she didn’t know her enemy, how could she come up with a strategy?

“We wouldn’t have had to drag you here so roughly if you didn’t push the meeting off for so long.”

“I wasn’t aware…,” 

But, the memory of Himchan reversing out of their driveway at the sight of strange men triggers the process of realizations. He had sent those men that day. They were actually after her. This entire time, Yongguk’s father has been trying to meet with her. But, that would mean, Yongguk knew this day would come and he was trying to put it off. She should have known something was strange or off from his reaction that day. If she remembers correctly, Yongguk had only comforted her with food despite the situation being ‘scary’– his description, not hers. 

Sensing her acknowledgement, he smiles. 

That smile doesn’t last long though… not once he eyes the ring on her finger. What kind of jewelry could wipe a smile clean off of someone’s face is beyond her. 

“So, it’s true,” he remarks. “You two had gotten married.” The simple fact somehow causes his face to twist with displeasure. 

Jinsol doesn’t know how much of the situation the older man knows between her and Yongguk but, it may just change things. She’s just going to have to give it a try. 

“It’s a contract marriage.”

Her response stirs boisterous laughter from the older man. 

Not quite the reaction she thought she would get. He has an odd sense of humor. She wanted to laugh along but, she could only manage a weak chuckle. 

“He had always refuted the idea of a contract marriage whenever I brought it up but, how ironic that he created one with you to go against me.”

She didn’t know what to say. Hearing about Yongguk’s rebellious nature is news to her. 

“You don’t have any clue, do you?” he asks. 

She didn’t want to look dumb in front of the man but, she really didn’t. “Not at all.” She had been playing the part of the oblivious party really well. 

“I set up the perfect marriage for him and to the very end, he refuses to comply to my wishes.” Yongguk’s father sighs following his disclosure. “What a disappointment.”

There are more news, as it so happens.  

“Yongguk was to be married?”

“How much did he tell you?”

“Well, he said–,”

He mentioned something happened but, it wouldn’t be Yongguk if he didn’t leave out a ton of important details that would help her understand the whole situation. He has always left it up to her to piece together. 

And so, the piecing begins. 

The older man waits patiently for her to continue but, she couldn’t seem to find her voice. 

“Did he tell you about me?”

She shakes her head. 

“Did he tell you why he wanted to marry you?”

“No,” she begins to say but, that’s not exactly correct either. “Somewhat.”

The marriage his father set up must have pushed him to search for her. That must have been the start of everything. Then, by using her family’s debt, Yongguk managed to rid himself of the planned marriage. 

“Are you curious to know who I planned for him to marry?”

Yeah, she is. 

“The heir of OHMW company,” his father reveals as if he could see her desires written on her face clearly. 

Why do those letters sound so familiar? Yongguk’s father doesn’t really give her time to figure it out. Or maybe, he didn’t think she would ever. 

“Though the company is currently marred with bad publicity… the potential that it could rise to is immense. That became an opportunity that fell right into our laps. It would have benefitted both companies and he went ahead and tried to destroy any chances of recovering it.”

“You two are alike,” Jinsol comments suddenly. They’re so quick to act upon these opportunities. 

The older man pauses in his telling. “He is my son.”

She isn’t completely sure but, it definitely seems like she was a part of the whole “destroying” bit that his father mentioned. Unknowingly, she became an accomplice. So, should she be punished for something she didn’t do?

If someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter