Chapter 1: Addition to the Family

The Worth of 100 Million Won
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinsol was in a tight spot. 

A really tight spot this time. 

Predictably, she tries to solve it to only put herself into another tight spot. 

Normally, it would always work out in the end but this time, things are transpiring quite differently than her original expectations. And, not in a good way. For the first time in forever, Jinsol has run out of ideas. 

Just moments ago, she has sold herself into a marriage for 100 million won and is now being escorted by a whole group of gang members by order of her new husband– the same man her family had owed 100 million won to. 

Not her, her family does.  

She is convinced her family didn’t know how the whole process worked since they continued borrowing without paying any back. Thus, creating quite a debt and quite a problem. 

She doesn’t know what she’s more flabbergasted about. The fact that people still allowed the most untrustworthy individuals to keep borrowing or the fact that her family thought they could get away with it when it never worked out well for them before. 

To explain, her family have always been the irresponsible type. Those that impudently act on their desires without once considering the consequences that may be wrought. Sounds like something children would do, doesn’t it? Then, those consequences would usually fall onto her so she could fix them. This time, it wasn’t any situation that she could just sweet-talk her way out of. Not this time. She has tried and all it has gained her was a series of threats and intimidations.

Some serious threats and intimidations that she does not doubt for one moment wouldn’t be carried out.

“Can I at least know where you’re taking me?” she breaks the silence and asks once the door on her side of the car is opened.

“Your room.”

The curt response wasn’t satisfying in the least and he didn’t sound friendly at all. Nonetheless, he motions for her to step out and once she does, she looks up at the huge mansion that faces her. 

She could only breathe out as she is at a loss for words. This is reality now, isn’t it? This is really, actually happening. 

Again, the man from before steps up beside her and steers her forward. 

She assumes once she enters that home, there’s no turning back. She had faith. Even after signing the contract, she thought some loophole would come to mind. But, it’s looking more and more hopeless as this drags on. 

She turns and looks toward the only man who has share a few words with her. A few more words than the other men trailing behind them have. He seems like he is somewhat in charge. “Does this happen often? I’m not the first, right?”

“You are the first to be offered the option,” he replies. 

Before Jinsol could ask for the reason, they have made it inside the unfamiliar home and arrive at her bedroom. Without another word, she is ushered inside with the door closing behind her. Now that she is left to herself, what is she supposed to do?

Maybe the silence will encourage new ideas to visit her mind.

Naturally, her eyes start to wander and she looks around the room. This room is far from what a boss would stay in… it appears to have been set up for her specifically. She looks towards the door. Before disappearing, they didn’t tell her what would happen so she is left here to dread the inevitable. 

She steps over to the bed and hesitates on taking a seat.

Worst case scenario is she follows her end of the deal-,

How much will change now? Will she still be allowed to work? Can she still do what she wants? And how old is this guy? 

Jinsol drops her head and sighs. What kind of mess is this? She has been in many messes before– never ones that she conjured up on her own –but, never this big. 

Once that passes, her anger is directed towards a few faces that comes readily to her mind. She wasn’t even the one borrowing and she definitely didn’t benefit from any of the 100 million won. So, why did they look for her? Why was she the one offered such a solution? Why did she have to be the one that sacrifices herself? If this guy is old, isn’t her mom of more appropriate age?

Like that, hours pass and she starts to wonder if they have forgotten about her. But, she isn’t sure if that is a bad thing. 

Just then, a knock on the door startles her and pulls her from her thoughts. 

“Miss.” 

The door opens to reveal a young man in a black suit. His appearance wasn’t any different from the men that brought her here earlier. 

Jinsol stands up from the bed and offers him her attention. 

“I was told to tell you that the meeting between you and our boss will be delayed,” he reveals. “Please get some rest.”

With that, the door closes up once more while still leaving her with questions. 

Like, how is she supposed to rest carefreely in an unfamiliar place? Weren’t they expecting too much?

B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter