Chapter 1 - Admission

Sounds Of The Ocean
Please log in to read the full chapter
Song: Byul (별) – Remember

 

Seoul Foreign Language High School receives applications from around the country. Students can gain admission by demonstrating ability in a variety of areas, but the most common way students are accepted is through admissions test.

Before the end of August Eunha and her father went together to apply for the school, despite being nervous deep inside her she knew it could help her. Waiting for the results was like waiting for rain in the drought. The tired and even more nervous father that had just came from a business trip from Japan, had his head buried in his hands.

- “Dad! I don’t think I made it” –  the girl looked at her father with concerned eyes.

- “Aw~ My baby! So pretty and bright. I am sure you did well, whose daughter are you” – smiled rubbing softly her cheeks and paused “I wish she was with us right now, don’t you Eun-ah?”

Eunha could do nothing but just nod and agree with a bright kind of forced smile.

- “Seo Eunha? Seo Eunha-ssi?” – cried a voice looking for a response.

- “Yes! It is me. Yes, thank you~!” – jumped Eun Ha opening the files given, but stopping for a moment. “Dad, what do I do? I can’t, you read it”

- “Haha! Okay okay give it.” – he opened the letter laughing at his daughter’s funny face. Eyebrows furrowed into a weird wave “Um! Eun-ah you know I am okay with you studying at home right…”

- “What? Why?~~ Let me look!” – she cut her father’s words. She took the papers and examined it as fast as she could reading ACCEPTED “Ah~ papa you are such a meanie!”

- “I did nothing, it is you that isn’t patient enough. I was going to say you know I am okay with you studying at home but it is better to get a new start.” – he patted he shoulder and tears almost falling.

 

A lot of student were waiting but not all of them got accepted. The beginning of the school year is just a month from now. Students had to go buy their uniforms and books as early as possible. It was a nostalgic experience to Eunha, she hadn’t gone shopping for school in so long. She got up early and excited as if she was going to a real first day of school like Minah and Minjae.

- “Nana!~” – yelled Eunha with a loud voice running down the stairs to the kitchen to goodbye kiss her beloved granny

- “Aw my girl! Don’t run you will fall and trip”

- “Yes~ I will go buy my uniform then. Byebye”

- “Don’t be late and take care”

 

Eunha was so looking forward to this, one would think she didn’t protest this few weeks ago. After all uniforms were a big deal in Japan it showed the cute side of a girl. She skipped while humming to Twice’s One in a million. She entered the shop looking through all the uniforms when suddenly she asked the assistant for help.

-“Excuse me! Seoul Foreign Language High School’s uniform in female/male form where can I find it?” – said together the boy behind Eunha’s back. They threw glances and bowed to each other. He looked at her with cold expression, could be his expressionless face too. For a slight moment, she could see her reflection in his dark brown eyes, she thought they looked warm despite the other parts from his face. The assistant helped both, so they stood next to each other looking for their sizes.

‘He could be from our school, I wonder which grade he is’ - those thoughts didn’t escape the girl’s mind while she was still in the shop.  After trying several sizes Eunha decided to buy and go back home to show off to her grandparents.

……………………………………….

Since it was Eunha’s last summer days she decided to go to the sea and enjoy the breeze before starting school. The thoughts of how she won’t be able to enjoy her free time as she did before, going out w

Please log in to read the full chapter