Chapter 2 - Wavering ocean

Sounds Of The Ocean
Please log in to read the full chapter

Song: VIXX - Alive

 

Yeeun looked at Eunha and she noticed her sweat dripping on her forehead and slapped Mingyu’s arm.

-“Hey! What do you mean by rude drawing girl? Eunha let’s go get some breakfast” – Mingyu felt betrayed no one defended him not even Hyunwoo. When Yeeun was going to cling her arm with her friend’s Mingyu got it first.

- “You are Seo Eunha?” – asked Mingyu with a curious smiling face

- “Er..Yes..” – answered shyly, paused for a moment and continued “Nice to meet you I am a new student here”

- “Well, well, that is why your face was kind of unfamiliar. Despite the rude… no wait.” – he backed off at the view of Yeeun’s glaring eyes.

She smiled, signed the paper and left with Yeeun to the canteen.

-“Hyunwoo-ya, do you know her?” – asked Mingyu his best friend, the boy who was reflected in Eunha’s eyes now several times. But as usual a short response by Hyunwoo was enough “No.”

-“She is so tiny and cute, I thought she was a middle schooler..” – laughed and murmured Mingyu while Hyunwoo’s eyes followed her figure walking outside the classroom.

On the day that Eunha visited the beach she had left her pencil case on the sand with her name written on it and after the boys had left the water Hyunwoo took it and handed it to the lost and found. Was it fate that they met 3 times already and that they are in the same class now? They hoped it wasn’t. They both didn’t like new people. Girls were annoying to Hyunwoo more like dangerous.

On the other hand, Yeeun dragged her friend outside asking her the same question, if she knew the boys. Eunha told her she only saw them once, telling her the beach story. Since Hyunwoo, Mingyu, and Yeen knew each other from elementary school.

-“His name is Hyunwoo, just in case you are interested.” - she paused for a moment to look at her friend’s reaction and continued. “Well, just to let you know he isn’t interested in girls but that’s doesn’t matter since he looks really cool while swimming, also that towering Mingyu guy is really stupid don’t give him any attention he will cling onto you….” – Yeeun continued to talk about the boys then paused and noticed that Eunha wasn’t interested at all.

 

After all classes had ended the students stood up and bowed respecting their “handsome” teacher. Now it was time to part. Eunha lived in the same neighborhood as Yeeun but she was on the other side of the street, for a faster transportation they had to take a bus from school and get off at the subway station stop, where Hyunwoo and Mingyu usually take the subway to their neighborhood. They all got on the bus, Eunha immediately noticed the boys but avoided any eye contact while Yeeun was all into fangirling over her favorite male group. Mingyu as the tallest one on that bus saw them and dragged Hyunwoo along.

-“Hi! Transfer girl~” – smiled Mingyu waving his hand weirdly up and down not left and right.

-“Ignore him Eunha. Go away I can’t hear the live performance” – Yeeun frowned having her ears as close as possible to her phone.

-“Hi Mingyu” – Eunha didn’t want to be rude this time and replied she tilted her head to wave to the person behind Mingyu “Hi Hyunwoo” all he did was nod and kept his eyes in the opposite direction. She knew he was cold and uninterested, but to not reply.

The boys got off while the girls continued to the Library to buy school books. The last remaining days of the week went smooth and fun for Eunha. She still had some difficulties talking to all of her classmates but surely, she hanged out a lot with Yeeun, Mingyu who was always around them during lunch somehow and of course the dragged with him Hyunwoo. They didn’t talk much, just usual phrases from good morning to thank you and goodbye.

-----------------------------------

A few weeks later, while Eunha was waiting for her friend at the community center next to her apartment block, she met Hyunwoo who was walking outside, his eye buried into a book. This was the first time they noticed each other not wearing the uniform. The tall good-looking boy was wearing a sky blue tracksuit with a name of a swimming club on it, on the other hand Eunha looked somewhat feminine with a beige dress. It was summer’s last sunny days after all. They looked at each other and felt awkward. He walked away without saying a thing.

-“A short hi wouldn’t have hurt” – Eunha stared at his back. Hyunwoo felt a bit of guilt if he continued his steps. And he didn’t know why.

-“Hi” – turning he looked into her eyes that were now flashing a beautiful smile.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter