Blind

Our Sanctuary

As they entered the apartment, Hoseok found his back pressed against the front door, in a heated and passionate kiss with his best friend. Was that even the word to use anymore? Seokjin cradled his cheeks so gently in his soft hands while their lips and tongues battled for dominance, Hoseok’s fingers tangled in the other man’s hair. Their bodies were pressed tightly together and he felt like his skin tingled anywhere he could feel Seokjin touching him.

 

In the car Seokjin had told him how he had called Namjoon and ended everything, how he’d loved Hoseok since they were kids but was always too much of a coward to say so. In turn, Hoseok admitted he had always felt the same. Years of built up emotions welled to the surface and as soon as the apartment door closed, it seemed to have burst and they were lost in the sea of it.

 

“Hobi..” Seokjin whispered in his ear, nipping and gently tugging at his earlobe. “I need to be with you for the rest of my life… I don’t want another day to pass where you aren’t by my side.”

 

“What are you saying?” Panting lightly, Hoseok closed his eyes and tried to steady his rapid heartbeat. A part of him wanted what was happening to continue without this interruption but his heart needed to know where they were with each other before he gave himself away so eagerly.

 

“Be mine, Hoseok. Be my boyfriend. Live your life with me. Please?” Jin tilted Hoseok’s chin up and their eyes met, the older man’s looking unsure, as though he thought Hoseok could ever turn him down.

 

“I… Seokjin, of course.” Pulling the other man into another deep kiss, Hoseok sighed happily against Seokjin’s lips. His relationship with Taehyung had been buried but love lived on where it always had been, with Kim Seokjin, the man placing soft kisses across his skin.

 

“I love you.” Whispering against Hoseok’s jaw, Seokjin smiled before parting from him enough to pull off Hoseok’s shirt, causing him to shiver slightly from the slight chill lingering in the apartment.

 

“I love you, too.” Hoseok rubbed his cheek, unsure of how his life had gone from a disaster to something so magical so quickly. How had he risen from Hell to transcend Heaven?

 

Sharing another kiss, Hoseok and Jin quickly found their way to the bedroom. Everything with Jin felt so natural, like his body had been fine tuned for this exact moment. The knew each other better then anyone else and it showed it their every move. The moment would have been perfect, the most exquisite thing to ever happen to Hoseok, if Seokjin’s phone hadn’t rang a million times the whole time they made love. Whoever had been pestering them, Hoseok selfishly wished he could slap them.

 

The two lay In bed for a long moment, sweaty and breathless as they savored the ecstasy still vibrating through their skin. Hoseok had light hickies running trails across his neck and chest, Seokjin’s back held thin scratches but neither of them seemed to mind. Honestly, Hoseok savored it, the thought that Seokjin had marked him. Somehow it made everything feel more real, like less of a dream.

 

“Lets clean up, okay? And then we should eat something.” Seokjin’s fingertips danced across his stomach, making Hoseok feel like butterflies were flying inside it. “Something tells me that you didn’t eat while you were out.”

 

“You’re right, I didn’t.” Smiling, Hoseok rolled out of bed and led the way to Seokjin’s shower. His shower? Man were things getting complicated… Their shower was mostly quiet except for their giggles and playful pokes and shoves. In the hour or so since he’d been with Seokjin, it was already starting to feel like home more then Taehyung’s apartment ever had.

 

“Huh?” As their shower was winding down, the doorbell began to ring. Hoseok glanced at Seokjin, hair still full of shampoo and nodded happily. “I’ll get it. You finish up.” Slipping out of the bathroom, he went to the bathroom door and stopped short, a small realization hitting him. “Jinnie… Are we bad people for moving on so quickly?” Not wanting to give Seokjin the chance to reply in case he might agree that they were doing the wrong thing, Hoseok retreated. Pulling on his boxers and Jin’s slightly baggy shirt, he answered the front door.

 

“Hey Jin I-What?” Namjoon stood in the apartment complex’s hallway, looking more then confused as he took in the sight of Hoseok. “What the ?”

 

“I…” He felt his cheeks grow warm in embarrassment and shame. Namjoon had been single for less then a few hours and already his ex was sleeping with his best friend. Hoseok had never intended for him to find out that way.

 

“Where’s Seokjin?!” Shouting in anger, Namjoon pushed around him, entering the apartment, anger evident in his posture. Hoseok didn’t blame him. If it had been him, he would have felt betrayed too.

 

“Namjoon?” Hoseok emerged from the bedroom, as shocked as Hoseok felt. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’ve been calling you.” Namjoon growled, glaring at Hoseok’s boyfriend. “What the is this?” Gesturing a hand at Hoseok, Namjoon demanded answers.

 

“We…” Before Hoseok could try to come to Seokjin’s defense, the other man was pulling him away from Namjoon’s arm rang and ushering him into the bedroom.

 

“You’ve had enough drama to deal with for a lifetime, Hoseok.’ Giving him a strained smile, Seokjin handed him his wallet. “Go buy us dinner and give Namjoon some time to talk this over, okay?”

 

“Y-Yeah.” Biting his lip, Hoseok knew he’d cause more damage there then if he left so he did as he was told, tugging on his pants and giving Seokjin a quick kiss before he nearly sprinted from the apartment. He knew that technically he and Jin hadn’t done anything wrong. They were both single and free to be together. But ethically, their quick fall into their own romance seemed harsh and disrespectful to the relationships that had only just ended. He had never meant for anyone to get hurt and he just hoped that Namjoon could forgive them. He hoped he could forgive himself.

 

 

Seokjin nearly cried with relief when Hoseok agreed to leave. He had to break it off with Namjoon. He had to end it and he had to do it in a way that didn’t make Hoseok look like a home wrecker. Taking a deep breath he faced Namjoon.

 

“What was that ?” Tapping his foot in anger, Namjoon leveled a glare at him that was almost painful. “You ing him?”

 

“No. Nam, no. He stayed the night here. He and Taehyung broke up. He caught Taehyung cheating.” He was going to stick as close to the truth as he could to make this believable because if Hoseok ever knew their first time together was based on a lie then he would never forgive him.

 

“And those hickies?” Clearly unsatisfied with Seokjin’s excuse. Silently cursing himself for the marks, he had to think quickly.

 

“Pre-breakup. He and Tae had just banged before he found out.” The lie, denying his time with Hoseok, burned at Seokjin’s throat and made him want to cry.

 

“And why didn’t you answer my calls?” Namjoon demanded and all Seokjin wanted was for him to stop asking so many questions. They were all questions he didn’t want to answer, questions that were only going to complicate the situation he had put himself in.

 

“Hoseok was having a breakdown. I had to help him through it.” He preemptively covered the last plot hole Namjoon could possibly bring up as he felt a droplet of water slide down his forehead. “I helped him shower to calm him down.”

 

“Ah... Well alright then.” With a grin, Namjoon accepted his lies but somehow it didn’t make Seokjin feel any better that he had gotten away with it.

 

“Why were you calling so much?” Wanting to get the conversation over as quickly as possible, Seokjin decided to rush into whatever reason Namjoon had for coming to his apartment. Being so persistent wasn’t normal for his boyfriend. Namjoon was the type to go days without even sending him a text. “Are you okay?”

 

“OH! Kim Seokjin, they say all good things come to those who wait-” Namjoon reached out to hold one of Jin’s hands, giving him a cheeky grin. “-and, baby, I think you’ve done more than enough waiting.” Nervousness twisted his stomach and Jin could feel his palms starting to sweat. Suspicion began to brew and he just desperately hoped that his assumption was wrong. It was literally the last thing he needed to happen.

 

“Wh-what?” Barely able to get the word out, Seokjin’s knees felt weak and all he wanted to do was shove Namjoon pout of his apartment or maybe to just cease to exist… Worry only grew as Namjoon lowered himself down to one knee, pulling a small box from his jacket pocket.

 

“Will you marry me?” The words that came out of Namjoon’s mouth stopped his heart for a beat and his body felt cold. It was exactly what he had feared it would be.

 

“I… I don’t know what to…” Speechless, Seokjin was sure he was on the verge of vomiting, somehow both entirely unnerved and somehow emotionless, unable to comprehend his current reality.

 

“Say yes.” Chuckling, Namjoon slipped the pretty gold band on Seokjin’s finger. Not long ago, when being with Hoseok still felt like a far away dream, all he had wanted was for Namjoon to ask him this. All he wanted was a life with this man, even if their relationship felt one sided sometimes. But now… Could dreams really become nightmares so quickly?

 

“O-okay…” He had meant to say no but for some reason the words never made it out of his mouth, instead choosing to morph into the exact opposite.

 

“I’m the luckiest man in the world. Thank you, baby.” Namjoon got to his feet and kissed Seokjin hard before stepping away, a look of pure joy on his face. “I can tell you’re overwhelmed right now and probably feeling guilty after Hoseok’s breakup but I’m so happy, Jinnie, and I can’t wait to spend my life with you. Now I’ll let you go for the night so you can take care of your friend. I’m going to be busy for a few days so lets get together for an engagement dinner. We can invite our friends.”

 

“Yeah…” Seokjin mumbled, looking down at the ring on his finger, unable to make eye contact with Namjoon. With his… fiance? Everything was falling apart and he only had himself to blame.

 

“Okay, love you, baby.” Another quick kiss and Namjoon was bounding out of the apartment before Seokjin could even respond, off to do whatever important, probably music related thing he had going on.

 

“Bye…” Seokjin slowly walked to his room and sank to the edge of his bed, still messy from his time with Hoseok. He had intended to leave Namjoon. To tell him that he wanted to see other people. So how did he end up engaged instead. Ripping the ring off his finger, the tossed it as hard as he could at the wall, watching it harmlessly bounce off and roll under the dresser and tears filled his eyes and he let out a shout of frustration, burying his head in his arms. Hoseok would be back soon and he’d have to lie to him again and he hated it. Glancing back at where his ring had rolled away to, He made a vow to himself. Namjoon said the engagement party would be in a week. Knowing Namjoon was always a last minute do-er, he had five days to break off the engagement and come clean to Namjoon. All he could hope was that Hoseok never found out. He wasn’t sure he could handle it if he was the next person to break that amazing man’s heart.