SPECIAL CHAP: Kim Meonji

Circumspect

Totally unrelated to the story :( since I've been having a hard time to write what's next for this, I thought a short story could at least compensate for my hiatus a bit. 

I made a short story about the recent happenings and you all know what is that :))) I divided this shot into 2 parts.. 

Enjoy!


=======

 

I really don't understand you sometimes, I wish you can let me know what you're thinking. 

Eunha sits pulling her knees closer to her chest as she huffed in annoyance.

I'd gladly help you figure things out, why won't you let me?

Do you think I can't handle your worries?

Then just what am I to you?!

"Arrghhh this is so annoying... Unnie never shared what's bothering her and it's killing me to see her stressed out.."

She mumbles loud enough for her to hear herself over the sound of the waves as she is sitting down by the shore and watching the water hover near her feet.

"She even wished for us to have a separate vacation. Now, I am worrying about her like this!! I am afraid of what's making unnie act this way.."

To even think that I am looking forward spending our rest days together. Instead of just taking a stroll alone on this whole place, it must have been nice if only you were here with me, Sojung unnie.

What in the world are you even doing now, Unnie? 

Sigh, maybe I'll never know because you don't tell us things.

Just then Eunha decided to check their group chat and was surprised that her unnie had announced something to them

Wait what??!!

--

Sowon had a very wide smile on her face as she watched her 'son' plays. She picked her up and stared at him fondly.

"Being cute should be a sin. I can't believe I really did this, I must have been crazy but they loved you too."

She talked as if Meonji had an idea what she was saying. She shared the news that she was getting a puppy to their gc and she was happy about the members' reactions. Especially Sinb's, who even asked Sowon to send pics of Meonji privately so the group chat would not be flooded and deemed herself to be Meonji's best aunt.

Sowon of course complied she does not want to ruin SinB's adorable fangirling over Meonji.

There's one thing that she noticed, Eunha was not that noisy in their gc, she was first to respond but since then, she had not commented again.

"Why is she quiet, Meonji-ah?"

Sowon pouted as she embraced Meonji and put him on her lap. She grabbed her phone that was on the table and her finger tapped the icon of Eunha's private message but she hesitated on contacting Eunha.

First of all, she's the one who requested everyone should spend their vacation alone. So, it would be a mistake to bother the others from their long-awaited and much needed rest.

She's surprised to see that Eunha actually spending her rest days outside. That was really really unexpected because the short girl usually stays at home during vacation.

Sigh, I guess I just have to look at you Meonji so that I'll stop wanting to ask their whereabouts.

---

Sowon did not know what to do when she found Eunha sitting on the sofa looking at the dog with sadness written on her face.

I thought she likes Meonji?

She rushed over where Meonji is and just like what she does to him everyday, she pats his head and nuzzled her nose against his.

"Morning baby Meonji~~"

She greeted him cutely almost forgetting Eunha's presence, they still haven't talk to each other alone. It's been a week since the girls started living with Meonji. All of them adores Meonji and to see Eunha sulking earlier made her wonder why.

She awkwardly took the sit at the corner opposite Eunha as she continues playing with Meonji. She steal glances at Eunha's direction but her stare does not linger for fear that Eunha might catch her and then she shifted her full attention to Meonji. Since, it might not be the right time for her and eunha to talk, seeng the other was not in a good mood to begin with.

"Meonji-ah~ did you have a good sleep? Is my baby hungry? You want your breakfast? I'll prepare it for you. Stay here and behave."

But before she could even reach the kitchen, she saw Eunha stood up and stomped her way towards her shared bedroom with the other members. All Sowon could hear was the loud sound from the door as Eunha aggressively closed it and the complaints of surprised SinB to Eunha.

"Yah unnie, why?"

But she never heard Eunha answered the younger girl so Sowon frowned wondering what is it the morning with Eunha. She was about to walk towards the eunbi line's room but decided not to maybe Eunha should reflect on it alone first. 

She does not want to get on the girl's nerves too, it is never a good thing arguing with bad mood Eunha.

"meonji-ah, what's wrong with her? Come to me, give me a hug. Maybe I'll talk to her some other time. After you eat, let's go on a date hmm?"

Sowon pat Meonji's head as her son eat quietly. She looked at the closed door once again and sighed.

What's the matter, Eun?

Were you not happy with Meonji? But you were playing with him cutely last time when he first arrived here.

Sigh, what could be the problem then?

--- 

Sinb and Sowon were both at the dorm while the others are out for their schedule looking over Meonji who was busy sleeping after playing the new toy SinB had bought for him.. Until now, SinB could not believe what she had found out on the internet and had beenn bugging Sowon since then. She showed Sowon a post with pictures attached to it. It's about Meonji and a certain someone, Sowon had no choice but to tell her the truth.

"I can't believe you reached a level of whippedness that no one comes close to. A puppy which looks like Eunha unnie, really Sowon unnie? You're foolishly in love. I freaking adore meonji but I can't unsee this, he does resemble eunha unnie. Gosh!"

"Shut up, sinb!"

Sowon was too embarassed  to retaliate, her face is definitely red.

"No, unnie! Your whipped is on another level, getting a puppy that resembles your girlfriend, in case the two of you ever break up or Eunha unnie leaves you and you promised to never get with anyone anymore and just settles to be Meonji's mom. I can't believe you unnie!"

SinB is shaking her head with both disbelief and amusement written on her face. As Sowon tries to survive the teasing, she can only sprout nonsense things because everything that SinB said was all true anyway.

"I should have not told you the reason why I bought Meonji!" 

Too late now, since she practically told SinB the whole story. That day when she saw Meonji and what had been going through her mind that day made her decide to indeed get a 'son' or a puppy that looks like the love of her life. Basically, Meonji reminded her of Eunha especially when the latter uses her puppy eyes and aegyo on her, both smol and cute. But her impulse decision was actually cause by a deeper reason, her biggest fear.

"But, you should really fix the way you think of Eunha unnie, Sowon unnie. Eunha unnie loves you why would you think she'll leave you."

"Are you even listening to me? Well, there's a lot of better people out there, hmmm men. She'll have it easy that way and if she ever really liked someone, I am in no position to stop her. I love her but I can't be selfish to keep when she doesn't want me anymore."

Sinb ridiculously looked at Sowon and can't help but to smack her in the head.

"Yah! I'm your unnie!!!!"

"She fcking loves you idiot. She has her whipped by you too, okay? I seriously don't get where the hell on earth you're getting all those ideas of having an easy life means better and happier. Eunha unnie loves you and she's clearly and undoubtedly happy with you. Why won't you fight for her?  Why won't you do something to keep her? Unnie, I understand the love sometimes means to let go. But if you are just gonna give up and think that her being with a guy is a good thing then, you are not letting her go but you are giving her up, pushing her to someone else's embrace. That's two different things, unnie."

Sowon let the cussing pass or maybe she hadn't taken so much notice of it since she was too busy thinking of about what SinB had said to her. She couldn't stop herself from voicing out another question.

"Will she be happy with me all the time? What if she fell out of love?"

SinB could only heaved a sigh. 

She really needs help on this. Please give me the right amount of patience to explain to her.

"Sowon unnie, there are always reasons. Reasons why some fall out of love, sure you are right you can't do anything when the love of your life does not want you anymore but there's gotta be a cause why she wants to leave you. All I can say is give her lots and more reasons to stay than to leave. Also, if she really loves you she'll be scared of you leaving so she'll also make efforts to keep you."

SinB looked at her unnie who is silently processing all the things she'd been saying.

"Sowon unnie, if you've done everything that love desires you to, you'll be left with no regrets and it will be her loss replacing you with someone else. Maybe, there are days you'd still wonder what you've done wrong but you know you did everything, maybe she was not really for you. But just don't give her up this way unnie, Eunha unnie loves you please stop your insecurities and doubts win over you. She'd been trying to force things out of you because she's worried about you. Please, stop being an idiot and love her the right way."

Sowon can't help but wonder as she gaped at the serious SinB.

"How the hell were you able to know these things?"

"Hah! I am a full grown adult now and plus, being wise means being Meonji's nest aunty! Meonji-ah! Should I call him now, Eunha unnie's son?"

"Yah! You better keep your mouth shut!"

"Tsk tskkk you bought a dog that resembles her because you believe what other people were saying. Y'know lots of people link you with Jin oppa, the same way people are pairing Eunha unnie with Jungkook or Jimin and as much as I hate this, Yerin unnie with Taehyung oppa. But at the end of the day, we all know what's the truth amidst of hearsay and society's judgmental look on us. Plus, you just have to be lowkey in front of cams, this is why as much as I love Yerin unnie showering me affection, she has to be cautious although I am thankful people thinking it is just fanservice."

"I was just way too affected about her rumors with him. You two came from BigHit and that guy was a lot lot better than I am. Eunha will surely fall for him. Maybe, they are the ones for each other."

"I'm really gonna smack your head real hard if you don't stop belittling yourself! Anyone might be better than anyone but love does not want who's better, it chooses where her heart lies and where her home is, it's the one who makes her happy and at peace. You are Eunha's, unnie. So don't go thinking she deserves someone else, she deserves the love she had for you so you better return that love to her. Stop being an idiot!"

"But how can I stopped myself thinking this or that, I don't know maybe Eunha's just getting used with me caring for her and she forced herself to reciprocate my feelings to not disappoint or hurt me. Remember, I was the first to fall and she does not like it in the beginning when I showered her affection. 

Sinb shook her head as she realized her words were not getting into Sowon's thick skull.

"Your stupidity also reached another level huh, unnie?! Stop invalidating her feelings towards you! You know what I give up, Eunha unnie should be the one assuring you! But unnie please believe me when I say Eunha unnie genuinely loves you and it's not just because she forced herself to return your feelings for her. She loves you, okay?!!"

I really can't believe this unnie, Eunha unnie was so close on burning Meonji alive because of jealousy and Sowon unnie still questions whether she does love her or not. She is competing against a puppy and if that is not what being whipped meant then I don't what is.

Seriously, I'll get bald with all the things they share to me. Practically sulking over one another and yet, they can't see how in love they are with each other

You've got to be fcking kidding me.

I need to make sure they figure things out on their own.

---