Five

Fine~ Jaenoren

 

After realizing that they'd basically started over, Jaemin and Jeno were gentle as ever with the older boy. Jaemin realized that it would take a bit for the older to fully trust and rely on them, so he had patience.

Renjun really wanted to try what Lina had said about him trusting them, but he found it so hard to believe that a single person (excluding Lina) would care about him, so it was understandingly surprising that someone wanted to help him with something unless that were doing it to humiliate him.

Renjun was laying down in his bed, listening to the soft drizzle of the rain outside, when he heard  the door bell ring, "I wonder who it is." He said, walking to the front door with swift quiet steps. When he opened the door he was met with the two taller bodies of Jeno and Jaemin, Renjun sighed, "how do you know I love here?" He asked quietly, slowly closing the door, only to reveal a small crack.

"The school." Jeno said, giving him an adorable eye smile, that he almost smiled back at, until he remembered that he shouldn't be so gullible, and shouldn't believe that Jeno's genuine smile meant anything.

"You should let us in." Jaemin said, causing Jeno to lightly nudge him in his side. Renjun thought about Lina's words, "okay." He said quietly. He opened the door wide enough for the two boys to enter, "do you want us to take off our shoes?" Jaemin asked. Renjun looked at him, "the house is already in bad shape, so if you want to, you may." He said, again quietly.

"We'll help you clean." Jeno said, taking a look around the house.

"Um... no?" Renjun said. Jaemin laughed, "umm no, we're helping you." Renjun was about to protest when Jeno turned to Jaemin, "where should we start?" He asked. Jaemin  took a look around, "over there." He said, pointing to the living room. Then he turned to Renjun, "You can watch, we don't want you doing anything." He smiled.

Renjun sighed, knowing they wouldn't let him help, he sat down on one of his chais as he watched the couple pick up his mother's empty bottles of alcohol and other things.

By the time they were done with the house, it was late at night and they had stopped once, only to get food for Renjun that wasn't the cheap food his mother bought for him. "Renjun, would you like my mom to pre make you some food?" Jeno asked, "all you'll have to do is warm it up."

Renjun quickly shook his head, "ah, no no." He mumbled. "I don't want her to waste her time on me." 

Jaemin looked frustrated, "Renjun, it's not a waste of time if your eating right." He said.

"I'm sorry, sorry." Renjun said quietly.

Jeno glanced at Jaemin,then looked at Renjun with kind eyes, "it's fine, don't apologize, let's stop apologizing when you don't do anything okay?" He comforted.

"Yeah, actually, I'm sorry." Jaemin said. Renjun nodded to their words, "so do you want the food, or no?" Jeno asked. "Either way you're gonna get the food." Jaemin added. Renjun looked at Jaemin, "Yeah, I'll take it." He said.

"Okay." Jeno said calling his mom and walking to the restroom to talk to her privately, leaving  Jaemin with Renjun. "Renjun." Jaemin said, and the boy looked at him, "what I say." He thought for a second, "and how I say it, is different from how I feel."

Renjun cocked his head to the side like a puppy, "what do you mean?" He asked.

Jaemin sighed, "I'm never mad or upset with you, I'm just always worrying. I get frustrated when you say things like that, or you think you think you don't matter." He explained.

Renjun didn't respond and looked at him until Jeno entered the room, "am I interrupting anything?" He asked, standing at the door with his phone in his hands. Jaemin looked away from Renjun's eyes, and shook his head. 

Jeno looked from Jaemin to Renjun, then looked at his phone, "well my mom said she'll stay up and make it tonight, Jaemin, do you want to go home, you looked tired." He asked.

Jaemin looked at Renjun who was staring off into space, "Yeah." 

Jeno nodded, then looked at Renjun, "Jun, we're leaving, I'll bring the food by tomorrow." He said. Renjun shook his head, "Don't leave me." Renjun whimpered softly.

"What?" Jaemin asked.

"Don't leave me." He repeated softly, "please."

Jeno and Jaemin rushed over to his side we won't leave, "you can't leave." Renjun said, his voice barely above a whisper. He looked spaced out, and his eyes looked like he was about to cry, and he kept repeating those words over and over again. 

"I don't want to be alone." He said, then his breathing started to become shaky and uneven.

Jaemin panicked, "uh Jeno what do we do?" He asked.

"I really don't know." Jeno replied.

"Hey, hey, Renjun, look at me." Jaemin said, Renjun started to cry, "No, don't cry, look at me." Renjun looked at him with teary eyes, "what's wrong?" Jaemin asked.

Renjun looked at Jeno, then back at Jaemin and wiped his tears, "I−" he suddenly sneezed violently, then shook his head, "I'm fine." He said, wiping his tears away with the sleeve of his hoodie.

"Are you okay Renjun, seriously." Jeno asked.

"I'm fine." He said, getting up.

Jaemin sighed, pulling his hair out of frustration, "stop telling us that your fine."

Renjun frowned, "quit asking and you won't hear it." He said as he walked to his room.

Jeno sighed and grabbed Renjun's arm, "Renjun please−" 

"Don't touch me." He said quietly, shaking Jeno's arm off.

He walked up to his room, opened the door, then walked in and locked the door, "Renjun please don't lock yourself in your room." Jaemin said.

Jaemin sighed and Jeno looked defeated, "we were doing perfectly fine." He said, then sighed. 

"Get the hell out of my house." Renjun's surprisingly loud voice shouted from his room. 

Jeno ran a hand through his hair, and pulled Jaemin up from his seat, "I'm sorry Renjun." Jaemin said. "We're still coming tomorrow with the food. Don't do anything you'll regret." Jeno said.

 And with that, they left his house.