Jung Eunji & Lee Hyeri

Various Oneshots

Hyeri walks into the coffee shop by her house, folding up her umbrella as she steps inside. There's no one other than a young woman at the counter, wearing a dark green coat and cream-colored pants splattered with mud around the ankles.

She winces, feeling sympathy for the woman as she walks up behind her to wait her turn. "Did the rain do that?"

The woman turns around to look at her, her light brown hair pulled into a braid that rested over her shoulder. "Oh, this?" She lifted one foot briefly with a smile. "Not exactly the rain, I was riding my bike earlier. Should've changed my pants first."

"Oh, wow. Think you could get the mud out? Those pants look good on you, I'd hate to see them ruined." Hyeri's face reddened as she realized what she'd said. "I mean.."

The woman looked amused. "Well, they are my favorite pants. If you have any tips, I'd love to hear them, miss..?"

"Uh, Hyeri. I'm Hyeri."

"I'm Eunji, nice to meet you."

****

Hyeri jolted awake in her bed as a loud bell sounded next to her. The bell turned out to be her phone ringing on the stand next to her bed.

Pushing her short blond hair out of her face, Hyeri hit the answer button and brought her phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hyeri! It's raining today!" The too-loud voice of her best friend, Minah, sounded in her ear.

Her mind flashed back to her dream as she looked out her window to see that it was, indeed, raining. "Just like in my dream." She replied without thinking.

"Ooh, your dream? Anything happen?"

"No, nothing." Hyeri yawned, pushing her blanket off to get out of bed. "I just dreamt about meeting someone at the coffee shop near my house."

"Was he cute?"

"Um, she actually, and yeah, she was."

"Hmm, maybe you'll meet her today then. It's meant to be, Hyeri!"

"Yeah, right." Hyeri shook her head, walking to her closet to get dressed.

"You're getting dressed, aren't you. Are you going to the coffee shop? Maybe you'll meet your dr-"

"Goodbye Minah." She replied, ending the call before setting her phone down.

****

"Ugh!" Hyeri pulled the door of the coffee shop open, shutting her now-useless umbrella. The wind had turned it inside out when she was close, leaving her with a broken umbrella and was now completely soaked.

"Did your umbrella break?" A voice asked her.

She pushed her soaked hair out of her face, looking at the speaker and froze.

It was the woman from her dream, though she wasn't wearing the outfit from her dream. She was dressed in a brown raincoat over a white tshirt and blue jeans.

"Are you alright?" The woman's head tilted as she stepped closer to her, concern evident in her eyes.

"I dreamt about you!" Hyeri blurted out before she could stop herself.

"Excuse me?"

"I-I'm sorry.." Her face reddened, ducking her head. "Forget what I said please."

"What do you mean you dreamt about me?"

Hyeri bit her lower lip, nibbling on it with a sigh. Might as well finish what she'd started. "I mean that I had a dream that I met you here.. You were wearing a green-"

"Green coat and cream-colored pants with mud on the ankles." The woman finished. "I had the same dream. Which means you're Hyeri."

"I - yes. I'm Hyeri."

"Well then, I think you and I should talk. Shall we go sit down?"

Hyeri smiled at her, letting Eunji lead her over to a table to sit.