Lee Junyoung (Jun) & Kim Donghyun

Various Oneshots

“You know what? Next time we go with my ideas instead.”

"Oh, come on. It's not that bad."

Donghyun turned around to look at his best friend, his brown eyes glaring at him. "Not that bad?" he repeated. "We're stuck in the middle of a lake without any way of getting back to shore!"

Jun at least had the decency to look sheepish. "Well, how was I to know there wouldn't be any oars in this boat?"

"Well, there's a little known process called looking." Donghyun replied, turning back around on his seat. His bleached hair fell into his eyes with the movement and he pushed it out of his eyes impatiently.

"I said I was sorry." Jun replied with a pout. "My uncle always has oars so I assumed they were in here."

"Sorry isn't going to get us out of here, Junyoung."

The younger winced when he heard his full name. The older man rarely used it, not since they became roommates. "We could always swim?"

Donghyun arched one eyebrow, looking pointedly at the murky water under them. "You want to swim in that?"

"Well, you come up with something then! At least then you'd do something other than sulk."

"I'm not sulking." The other man grumbled.

"Then at least look at me..." Jun replied, sitting down on a bench behind him. "You're my friend, hyung, not my boyfriend."

A snort escaped the others' mouth in response despite himself. "Do you normally strand your boyfriends on questionable-looking lakes?"

"No." Came the response, the darker-haired man trying not to pout again. "Normally I go on dates with them."

"Uh-huh. I think your brother told me about a time-"

"He didn't."

"Oh, he did. He told me about a date you went on with your first boyfriend. You managed to lock his keys in his car. If I remember right, he wasn't your boyfriend for much longer."

"I-I did not!"

"Your second boyfriend slipped on ice when you went ice skating. He broke his ankle."

"Ok, so ice skating wasn't the best idea but-"

"You broke the nose of your third boyfriend when you tried to kiss him."

"Why am I friends with you?"

"Because no one else would put up with you as a roommate." Donghyun turned around finally, facing Jun. "Plus, I'm not sure you'd survive very long with anyone but me."

"How come you haven't dated anyone, hyung?"

"I've got my hands full keeping you alive. I don't need a boyfriend or girlfriend." Donghyun replied, glancing at the sky then at his watch. "Ugh, alright. Guess we're swimming."

"What?"

"It'll be dark soon. I don't plan on being on this lake all night." The blond stood up, pulling his t-shirt over his head.

Jun looked away quickly. "You could've warned me." He grumbled.

"Why? We're friends." The other man looked over at him, taking his wallet from his pocket to place in the boat with his shirt. "Are you coming? I'm not going to tow you in the boat. You want to get to shore, you'll have to join me in the water."

"What about the boat?"

"We can pull it. There's a rope on the front, remember?"

"Alright.." Jun pulled his wallet from his shorts and set it down with Donghyun's. "Hope you know what you're doing."

"You're the one who suggested this."

"I didn't think you'd do it."

"I wouldn't if we had a choice." Donghyun walked to the edge of the boat, slipping into the water.

Jun walked to the edge, bending over to dip his hand in the water, testing the temperature.

Quickly the older reached over to grab his wrist, yanking him into the water.

Jun yelped before hitting the water with a splash. He surfaced with a cough, kicking his feet as he hit the water with the flat of his palm, splashing Donghyun in the face.

The older man immediately splashed water in retaliation. "What was that for?"

"You pulled me into the water!"

"And you stranded me on the water!"

Jun rubbed the water out of his eyes, pouting again. "It wasn't on purpose, you know."

"....Yeah, I know."

"Then why are you so mad at me?"

"Because you do stupid stuff like this all the time." Donghyun sighed, swimming to the front of the boat to grab the rope. "Come help me pull this thing."

"I can't believe I thought you were cute." Jun grumbled as he swam to the other side of the boat to grab the rope.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

"No, I distinctly heard you say something."

"I didn't say anything!"