Together

To Reach You
Together.
 

    chapter FOUR (to reach you)

"I just saw the other groups' projects and we're really at the bottom 3 in terms of the visuals right now." Mark scratched the back of his head and looked like he's thinking something. "Maybe we should add some designs so it won't look like crap during the exhibit." Our teacher is planning on putting up our projects in an exhibit and there's going to be students from other schools who will see it. It's safe to say that the whole class is a panicked mess right now.

Honestly, I was planning to go home after classes today because I feel like I don't have the energy to go somewhere. Oh well, if it means we'll have a higher grade then I'll sacrifice my alone time for now. I'm not that familiar in the area so I just followed them by staying at the back. Lucas kept looking at me just to make sure I don't disappear, probably.

We rode a bus and it will take 30 minutes until we reach our destination, The District Mall. Doyeon says there's tons of materials there because it has a big bookstore and crafts stuff. They were singing pop songs on the way there. 

"You're not reviewing today?" Lucas asked me. "How about cram school?"

I almost choked on my water when I heard him. 

"I can review at home," I replied. 

"Pft." Lucas mumbled. "You look so silly. Why are you always surprised when I talk to you?" 

"I don't know. I feel like you'll make fun of me." I honestly replied. "You look like the type who breaks hearts." 

Instead of feeling attacked because of my reply, he just shrugged it off and laughed. "You're so funny, Song Yuqi."

While we were walking to the bookstore, he turned around and started to walk backwards just so he could talk to me and see how flustered I am. At least, that's what I think. He looked like he was thinking something because I can notice a slight frown on his forehead but he returned to his goofy expression when he noticed I didn't stop staring at him. 

"Something funny on my face?" Lucas tilted his head. 

"Nothing." I mumbled and walked faster so I could catch up with the group.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Doyeon called us. "We need your bags so we could leave it at the baggage counter, walk faster!" 

"Did she just call us.." Lucas trailed off.

After the exhausting shopping, we all decided to grab something to eat at a fast food restaurant. I'm already having problems trying to save up money because there's an actual bookstore in our campus. I think I already bought 3 books this week but I still haven't read them. They're all decorations on my bookshelf now. I guess I have to buy something that's cheaper. I already ate lunch and we're going home after so I shouldn't buy one of the combo meals. 

However, my plan has failed when Lucas suddenly touched both of my shoulders and guided me into one of the lanes. I feel like my whole being was shaken."Hey, the counter lady is waiting for your order." I have to mentally slap myself for dazing. Knowing that Lucas is behind me, I can't think straight. That's how the fast food restaurant the rest of my lunch money because I accidentally said 'yes' when the counter lady asked me if I want the drink and fries to be large. 

Now, I'm awkwardly walking over to the rest of the group with Lucas behind my back being his usual goofy self. Doyeon, Chaeyoung, Changbin, and Mark are already sitting at one of the couches. Since they want to talk with us too, they instructed the both of us to sit on the 2 person table next to them. 

Just the two of us. Great.

Author's  Note: Hello! Thank you for patiently waiting! I've been reading everyone's comments and I'm glad to know that y'all are currently enjoying it. Hoping Lucas and Yuqi put a smile on your faces this chapter!