Borrow

To Reach You
Borrow.
 

    chapter three (to reach you)

It was hard to create an output that everyone will be satisfied with but I think our group did well. It's not as pretty as the boardgame created by the other groups but it kinda makes me proud in a way, creating something that's truly our own. We don't have the artistic talents in this group so we just focused on the rules and what will make the game fun. We figured to finish half of it this month so we wouldn't have to worry when the term is almost over. Work is always piled up a few weeks before the examinations. 

"Lucas, you reviewed for our Psychology class yet? Do you think our teacher will allow if I switched seats with Tzuyu? I really need all the help I could get," I saw Mark talking to Lucas near the stairs. We have a community service class on Saturdays. 

Out of embarrassment, I hid behind Chaeyoung who was about to enter the classroom. I don't know if he noticed me but I just can't help but cringe when I remember what happened. Our classmates probably think I have some kind of beef with him. Mark tends to give a sneaky smile when he sees Lucas approaching so I bet he's thinking something else. 

There's still 15 minutes left before the class starts. I opened up a book I've been meaning to read for weeks now. My classmates are going inside the class, probably because the air conditioner is already open. I noticed some people seating in the first row and a pair walking up to where I'm seating. I'm seating near the aisle so I could hear the teacher better. 

"Huh, interesting read." I almost got a heart attack when I see Lucas' face next to mine. "Sorry, just piqued my interest." 

I gave him an awkward smile before continuing what I was reading, just to distract myself from Mark and Lucas' banter next to me. "Can this day get any worse?" I mumbled to myself.

After class, I was planning to go home so I could sleep. I haven't slept well this week because I drank too much coffee and the workload for this semester is heavy. I was about to take the stairs when Lucas poked my back. I saw my Algebra groupmates behind him. Do we have a meeting today? I heard we'll do the rest of the project after the preliminary examination is over. 

"Yo, Yuqi." Lucas smiled at me. "Wanna go with us to the movies? We only have an exam left for General Psychology and it's still after 3 days. You in?" 

"I was planning to get some sleep." I awkwardly smiled at them. 

Please go away.

"Awwww, come on! We'll be busy with the projects soon so we won't have much time left to have fun." Doyeon pulled me over to them.

I really don't have the energy to argue so I just went along with it. There's a hot place in front of our school which is a movie house where you can watch unlimited movies for 3 hours and my groupmates are regulars. They immediately greeted the man in the counter and went inside a big room with a tv, karaoke machine, and a big couch with beanbags surrounding a table. 

We were supposed to give our contribution to pay for the food and the rent for the room but when I opened my wallet, I realized I brought just enough money to pay for a ride back home. I didn't know if it was my uncomfortable face that made him do it but I see Lucas looking at me curiously. Doyeon was already asking for my contribution and I was ready to tell her I'll catch up with them next time until I saw Lucas going in my direction. 

"Here you go," he puts his wallet in Doyeon's palm and smiled. "I'm paying for her." 

Doyeon gives a knowing smile and walked away yelling, "I have your wallet so I'll buy the chips using your money." 

Before I could even thank him, he walks over to Mark's and jumped on the couch they're sitting on. I wasn't able to focus in watching the movie because my mind was stressing me, thinking about when I should thank him and pay him back. He had to go home after the first movie because his mother called and there's an emergency. It was unlucky that I was in the bathroom when he wanted to say goodbye to me.
     
     

Author's  Note: Thank you very much for subscribing to the story! This is part 1 of the 3rd chapter. I'll upload the rest soon.