Missing

To Reach You
Missing.
 

    chapter one (to reach you)

 

"Hey, Minnie! Where are you? I'm in front of the auditorium." I said to Minnie on the phone. She also studied in the middle school I attended a few months ago. I'm not really close to her but she's the only one attending Mieux High. It's really scary trying to fit in with these elite looking kids so I have to stick to her like a koala or else I'll be a panicking mess. 

I saw her waving her hands while she struggles to make her way to me. There's a lot of students today because of the orientation. We promised to each other that we'll meet in front of the venue so she can accompany me before the event. "You have your certificate of registration, right? That's where you can see your strand and section." Wait, a second. Did she just say certificate of registration?

"Crap! I forgot about it!" I poured the contents of my backpack on the floor and braced myself for the bad news. "Oh my gosh." I started to hyperventilate but Minnie shushed me with her finger.

Before I could talk, she approached one of the student assistants for the event. "Uhm, excuse me? My friend here forgot to bring her certificate of registration so.." She looked at me with pitiful eyes and returned her attention to the student assistant.

"Oh! That's alright. If she remembers her strand and section, I can assist her there. The students are grouped together with their classmates." The student assistant answered with a smile and looked at me with expectant eyes, waiting for my answer. I can see on her tag a name that sounds familiar 'Lee Gaeun'. 

The thing is, I didn't even look at the paper because I was planning to go to a different school. I wish I could tell her that. "I'm majoring in dance. My section is.." I tried to remember the time my mother nagged me the whole day to remember the things I should bring today. I think she mentioned what class I'm in but I'm too stupid to remember. "I think I should text my mother to see if she knows what section I'm in. I'm really sorry for the disturbance." 

"If that's the case, I'll just let you sit in with the other Dance students. After the program, you can just go to the room assigned for your intro classes." 

I can already feel my soul leaving my body as I walked to the area pointed by the student assistant. I sat next to a girl who looks like a trainee in an entertainment company but I was too distracted to give attention. I just sat down and flooded my mom messages so she can reply fast. Hopefully, fast enough that I'll be able to go to my assigned room before the movie finishes. 

There are a lot of students yawning, probably bored by the documentary shown on screen about the school's history. Most are hiding their phones from the Disciplinary Officers roaming around the venue. I think I dozed off for 30 minutes because the girl next to me woke me up. It was just in time to move to our assigned rooms now. 

Luckily, my mother already replied and I managed to have enough confidence to ask. Minnie is already with her classmates so she can't accompany me for awhile. It took me 15 minutes to look for my room since I didn't bother attending the campus tour. I was having second thoughts opening the door. What if I'm already late? It's so nerve wracking. 

I peeked inside and saw that the students already know each other. They are probably seatmates in the auditorium. The ratio of females to males are really balanced but I can see that they're all clumped together by gender. I don't want to sit near the aisle, so I just went to the empty seat next to the window. 

We didn't do anything much except talking about the school history, the subjects we will be taking, and other academic things. Clubs also advertised room to room but I don't really like joining clubs so I figured I should focus on my studies instead. It's really a pain going to school if you have social anxiety. I barely talked to anyone here.

"It seems that Yukhei is still not here? He might have to attend Intro Class 1 in another schedule. Is there anyone who knows him here?" 

I looked around to see a few who are staring at me. "U-uhm, I'm Song Yuqi not Yukhei. It's really different, uhm, you see.."

I looked to my right and saw someone chuckling because of what I said. Wait, are they actually looking at him? I covered my mouth before I could even turn the situation into a more awkward situation.

"Great. Mark can you inform Yukhei's parents so he can fix his schedule? Thank you." 

Way to go, Yuqi. 

                            

     
                

Author's  Note: Hello, dear reader! Thank you for subscribing, voting, and commenting on this story! I apologize if there are any grammatical or spelling errors. I am not really fluent in English so I'm having a hard time expressing my ideas for this story. Nevertheless, I hope you can still enjoy it. Please be reminded that their personality in the story does not reflect the real characters' personalities and the buildup is really slow because it is based on a real story hehe.