Project

To Reach You
Project.
 

    chapter two (to reach you)

SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QQ4WdaHqX8

It's the first day of classes but I'm already running to save my life. I overslept because I was up at night bingewatching a good Netflix series about a Korean-Canadian family. I promised I'll just watch one last episode but I ended up finishing the first season. I was confident I'll be on time because my house is not that far and it only takes a bus ride to the school. Well, I messed up. 

The door for the classroom is hidden well and there's no windows to see if I went inside the correct room because of the weird structure. Still, I took a peak before going in, just to make sure it's not another class. I pretended I was in a call while going in, trying to make myself look busy. I can see a few familiar faces with a new guy sitting in the front row with a group of guys talking about preordering a PC game. He looks like a model. It must be Yukhei? I forgot his surname. 

"Oh? I thought you'll go to class next week?" My expression immediately turned into a frown when I realize it was Mark who sat next to him. I can't help but cringe remembering how awkward the orientation was. 

"I don't know the higher ups yet. It's different from my previous school," answered Yukhei. 

Since the leftover seats are placed between cliques, I figured I'll just sit next to the males. I took a seat near the aisle, a few chairs away from the guy wearing a beanie, but before I could fix my things, I saw someone gesturing to me that I should sit next to them. It was Chou Tzuyu who's already gaining attention for her pretty face. Maybe she's worried that I'll feel leftout? 

Time flew by fast while we were in classes. It was very enjoyable for me. I was the type to study a lot so I wasn't that surprised about the amount of work already given to us on the first day. Minnie has afternoon classes because of her schedule so I have to eat on my own. Actually, I didn't know where the food square is so I just bought a sandwich to a store nearby our building and went to the botanical garden to eat in peace. 

I was lonely but it's okay, I can manage. I have a hard time swallowing my food when people stare at me while I'm eating. I tend to choke on my food when I realize my friends' food are already finished. I don't know, I guess I feel like I'm a bother if they waste their time waiting for me to finish eating my food so I tend to put all of it in my mouth and try to eat as fast as possible. 

My high school life for a month was basically a routine. I go to classes, eat at the botanical garden when it's lunch time, and go home early when classes are only half a day. I wasn't invited to any after school hangouts. They have an impression that I'm kinda snobbish so I understand where they're coming from. I did well in classes but nobody ever saw me smile. It's like, I have a resting b*tch face and I can't control it.

"Hey! You're Song Yuqi, right? I'm sorry if I mispronounced it." I turned around to see Mark waving at me. 

It's Algebra class and the classroom is a bit chaotic right now. Groups are recruiting classmates to be a part of their group for the final project which will be passed 2 months from now. I can barely get high grades in this class but I managed to study enough to save myself from getting an F. I was planning to do it on my own but I wasn't sure if the teacher will allow it. 

"It's fine," I awkwardly smiled at him. 

Mark scratched the back of his head and looked like he was hesitating to say something, "Are you in a group already? It's only Lucas who's a bit decent at math in the group and I figured we'll be dead if we don't recruit you so.. you in? D-don't worry! There's Chaeyoung and Doyeon in the group if you feel weird being in a male dominant group." 

"S-sure, if you guys want me in," I said, trying not to mess it up by saying something weird. "Is the guy named Lucas fine with it? He seems like the leader of the group." I honestly don't know anyone who's name is Lucas in the class so I was hoping they'll introduce him to me when we start the group meeting.

"Trust me. He's gonna be fine with it. I think he'll appreciate the help." Mark gestured to follow him. 

I see Chaeyoung and Doyeon talking about the project while the guys were busy sketching something on the paper. Next to Doyeon is Yukhei who looked serious listening to the group suggestions. I don't see anyone who's new in the group. Did Lucas went in the bathroom or something?

"Guys, guess what?" Mark ran to the group excitedly. "I recruited one of the best in class!"

"Eh, you're the least capable person to do that." Chaeyoung jokingly said. "Kim Yoojung and Kim Sohyun are a power pair in the other group already. It was a mess. They were fighting to get one of them. I think one of them cried because they feel so much pressure." Chaeyoung turned around to see me awkwardly waddling over to them. "Woah. This can't be real." 

"H-hi!" I waved to them before I sat next to Mark. 

"Oh!" Doyeon exclaimed when she saw me. "Our group is not a sinking ship anymore. Lucas would've been stressed out if he hardcarried us all the way to finals. Anyway, I'll introduce everyone here just in case you're not familiar with them." She pointed at a guy who's wearing an all-black ensemble from head to toe. "This is Seo Changbin and the guy next to him is his friend, Park Woojin." Changbin and Woojin awkwardly smiled at me before returning to what they were working on. "I think you already know Mark Lee." Mark waved cheerfully at me. "I'm Kim Doyeon and this is my friend, Son Chaeyoung. Oh! This guy next to me is Lucas. You might know him by Yukhei but he really tried hard to make the class call him Lucas." 

Yukhei threw a crumpled paper to Doyeon and said, "Shut up." 

"You know, we actually thought you didn't want to be in our group. Lucas said he messaged you but it seemed like you weren't interested." Doyeon sadly smiled. 

"He did? I don't remember," I immediately my phone and scrolled my messenger to check.

July 12

Lucas Wong: Did you see the guidelines for the Algebra project?

Lucas Wong: It's in the group chat :)

Song Yuqi: Uh, thanks? I already read them.

Lucas Wong: Ohh. We have a meeting. On Monday. At school. That okay?

Song Yuqi: Uhm, okay? I guess?

Lucas Wong: Okay :]]

Song Yuqi left the group chat

My jaw dropped after reading the conversation. I thought it was weird that he's messaging me and he didn't say hello at first. I was added in a group chat after but I immediately left because it looked like it will just spam my phone. I think I want to hide somewhere right now. You did it again, Song Yuqi.


     
     

Author's  Note: Hello! Thank you very much for the lovely comments <3