Chapter 5 | Mr Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who am I destined with?

Mr. Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who Am I Destined To Be With?

"See you next time." Doojoon bid goodbye to one of their clients. "We have to go back to the office, the second half of the company's meeting will be starting soon." Daisy reminded him. "Long time no see." Han Bin greeted cheekily. "Well, it's pretty good to see that business is still doing for 5050 co-operation." He added on. Doojoon forced out a smile, "Thank you for your concern. Your side has been doing remarkably well too. As stated by the media, there are many upcoming campaigns will be organized by you." Doojoon praised politely. Han Bin laughed, "yeah. The lack of sleep nowadays really is a problematic issue that I am facing." He bragged.

"Manager Yoon, our next meeting we will be starting soon." Daisy prompted. "Oh? A new replacement? That's pretty quick of you." Han Bin commented. "What are you trying to imply representative Kim?" Daisy questioned. Han Bin giggled, "nothing much. Just want to praise the management in co-operation is very spontaneous and many talents were well-groomed." He answered politely too. 

"Thank you for your compliments, representative Kim. I will pass your kind feedback back to our Human Resource department. We will be taking our leave now." Doojoon bowed. "See you around too, representative Yoon." Han Bin replied. "By the way, I met ________ once after the incident. She looked so upset. I guessed she must regret her choice to work in 5050 co-operation." He continued mockingly. 

Doojoon clenched his fist in anger, "let's go Daisy." He called. In Doojoon's car, the atmosphere was intense. "Do you need me to get you a cup of coffee beforehand?" Daisy suggested and he shook his head. "Doojoon must be really affected by Han Bin's remarks. _____ really is a burden." She thought angrily too.

"Hey Daisy, have you met _______ after the incident?" Doojoon asked casually. "No, not at all. We have stopped communication afterwards. Why?" She answered awkwardly. "Nothing. I will go park my car first. Go up and prepare the files." He ordered and Daisy nodded her head. "See you later, Manager Yoon." She bowed. On her way up, Daisy huffed in relieved. "I thought he found out the mess I created." She thought.

After the meeting, "follow up with the clients and projects." Seung gi ordered his assistant. "Yeah, I understand." His assistant replied respectfully. Then, "good afternoon, Manager Lee. Can we have a chat?" Doojoon asked. "Sure. Why not? I know there's a good place for coffee." Seung gi smirked. At the cafe, "two cups of cappuccino. Are you alright with the order?" Doojoon questioned and Seung gi has no objection. "Let's don't beat around the bushes. How can I help you, Manager Yoon?" Seung gi asked. "There have been numerous rumours that you are scouting new employee from the Marketing department. Is that true?" Doojoon queried. 

Seung gi laughed, "about that, I was thinking how could Marketing and my team interlinks. We need each other to support one and another right? Having someone who already has the experiences and background would be a perfect choice. It's Daisy who told you right? I did look for her but she has already refused my offer." Seung gi answered. "But, why have you choose her out of everyone else?" Doojoon probed even deeper. "Interesting, she is very unique. Haven't you read Daisy's resume? She opted this role herself. I like her confidence." Seung gi applauded.

He gulped down the cup of coffee, one-shot. "Thank you for your drink. Much appreciated. I will be taking my leave first, Manager Yoon." Seung Gi bid goodbye. Doojoon sank into the chair, "today is such a stressful day. Daist opted for the job role by herself?" He wondered too.

In the night, "Hi, long time no see." Seung gi greeted cheerfully and I nodded. He sniffed, "curry?" He asked. "I didn't know you were coming, I wanted to cook a pot of curry which could last me a few days," I answered. "How's job hunting?" Seung gi concerned. I forced out a smile, "it's hard to find an office job now. Economically wise, it's pretty bad." I replied sadly. "Hey, I need help analysing these graphs. Could you take a look at it?" He requested. "I don't think it's a good idea. Since the documents here are quite confidential." I rejected. "It's fine. Just take a look at those graphs." Seung gi encouraged me. Timidly, I analyzed the pictures of lines and bars. Also, my views on the trends too. Seung gi smirked, "I have a job for you, are you interested?" He offered. "What is it about?" I replied curiously.

"Data and Sales Researcher at 5050 co-operation." Seung gi replied delightfully. I was taken aback. "No way. I am not going back to 5050 co-operation." I denied his offers. "You are the best candidate for this job role." He tried to persuade me and I shook my head. "If I trade a secret with you, would you reconsider this job?" Seung gi placed his bet and my heart was captured by it. "I know who was the individual that spread the exposed news saga to the news reporter." He opened the pandora box. "I met the writer of the whole event. He hinted female and same department." He added on. "Who are you implying to?" I probed. "Would you like to find out yourself? Who took over your current job role now? Believe me, you would be very interested to find out." He smiles slyly.

"Sorry, it cannot be approved." Taeha rejected the application. "Why not?" Seung gi got irritated. Taeha rolled her eyes, "she was the female lead of the marketing idea leakage. How would the Human Resource (HR) department accept his form?" She questioned him back. Seung gi snatched the application form and charged towards the CEO's room. "The CEO is very busy, you cannot go in now..." The secretary tried to stop him. "It's alright. Close the door." The CEO instructed. "What can I help you, my son." He asked nicely. "Father, could you approve this application?" Seung gi requested. His father browsed the form, "unable to do so." He denied too. "Why?" Seung gi asked in annoyed.

"Son, she is the person who leaked the ideas out to our competitors. She should have been in jail right now. Luckily, she is let go only." His father explained. "Dad, have you not find out more about her news in our industry? The industry personnel are all searching for her real identity. Everyone is willing to pay her five times her current salary. It was I who stopped all contacts for anyone to hire her. Now, she wants to come back. Why don't we let her come back? Give her a chance. She just wants a comfortable living." Seung gi influences his dad's perception. After much consideration, "alright." His father approved.

I stood in front of 5050 co-operation nervously. "Why are you standing here? Let's go. Sale & Data department is not an easy team to adapt." Seung gi smiles and I followed him. "Sung Jae will take care of you. No worry." Seung gi introduced. "Hello! Your seat is here." Sung Jae gestured to me. "If you have any questions, let me know and our meeting is starting in an hour. Join us." He initiated and I smile.

I flipped the past data report. "I see..." I muttered. Without knowing how fast the time has past, "_________. It's time for the meeting. Join us." Sung Jae reminded and I walked behind him. The meeting was serious yet extraordinary at the same time. It's the first time, I saw Seung gi working. "He does look very charming." I admired. During the lunch break, Sung Jae and I had lunch together. "How old are you, Sung Jae?" I started a question. He consumed the mouthful of sandwich, "I am 25 years old this year and joined this department for a month." He laughed uncomfortably. Stunned, "Whoa! You promoted very speedily." I highlighted.

Sung Jae put down his meal on the table. "I know." He smiles tensely. "I rejected this supervisor role too. However, Seung gi insisted and believed that this job suits me." He elaborated. I hold onto his wrist, "I believe his choice. I read your report and speech made in the meeting was good." I cheered him up. "Thank you but it was hard on social life. The rest of the team avoids me." He murmured. "It's alright. It's a learning phase of life." I sympathised. "Yea, I have been trying my best coping with the piles of research reports that need to be due soon." Sung Jae nagged. I giggled, "it's fine. We are a team now. We can achieve those goals with quality together." I motivated him joyfully.

I was the last person in the office. Feeling fatigue, I took a short nap. Suddenly, another individual came back to the office too. He walked towards my table and glanced at my monitor screen. "I see... Interesting." He commented and took a seat beside me. The typing sound of the keyboard woke me up. "Oh! Sorry, I disrupted your nap." Seung gi apologized. "Both Sung Jae and you sure have lots of researches to complete." He pinpointed the sticky notes pasted around the screen. "Maybe, I gave too much work to the two of you." Seung gi added on. I shook my head, "please don't blame Sung Jae." I said.

Seung gi laughed. "Of course not. It's my management issues. I understand him. Sung Jae is a potential gem that needs a platform to shine. I believed in my choice." He said confidently. "I should take my responsibility too. It's a trend that many companies want to explore the data industry so it helps to improve their decision making. I just accepted all of it." Seung gi reflected. "I have a question to ask you. Did you purposely put me under Sung Jae cause he doesn't know that I was from the Marketing department and the saga?" I asked. Seung gi smirked, "I always feel that he needs someone senior to support him. You could say that's one of the reasons too. However, do pinpoint his mistakes if there is. He will be a great supervisor one day." He ensured.

"Have you visit the marketing department yet?" Seung gi asked curiously. I shook my head. He saved the word document and shut down the laptop. "Alright, I will send you home. You will have a long day ahead." He smiles slyly. In his car, "why did you visit the office at such late-night anyways?" I wondered. He smirked, "my heart told me too." He answered cheekily.