Chapter 2 | Mr Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who am I destined with?

Mr. Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who Am I Destined To Be With?

I hid in my empty house and windows were shut. The mobile phone was buzzing non-stop from calls and messages. I became the headline of the industry and carried numerous malicious titles named by the media. I curled up in fear, "how long will this continue?" I thought in despair. 

The ticking sound of keys echoes in this dark house. Then, the electricity was switched on and he walked into my bedroom. Seung Gi did not speak at all. Gently, he just embraced me into his arms. "Stand up and face the world." His encouraging words tried to motivate me. "I can't." I denied. Seung Gi hug became tighter. "You can. Let's give each other a deadline. A week? Let's snap out of this endless loophole after 7 days." He said but I turned a deaf ear on him.

Continuously, almost every day, Seung Gi would visit me and keep me updated about the major news. "The hype has died down. Actually, no one knows who is the "insider" look like except for our own internal staffs." He said and I remained silent. "How is Doojoon doing?" I concerned. Seung Gi sighed, "he looks fine. Still the same old working hard to take over our competitors. You know we are from different department  so that's what I know about him." He answered.

 The conversation ended and it was a total silent. Breaking the ice, "let's go out and have dinner together." Seung Gi suggested. He held onto my hands in assurance, "it's fine." He ensured. Listening to him, we went out to the nearest shopping mall and have dinner. Perhaps, it has been long since I went out of my house. I was definitely afraid of the large crowd of people. On the other hand, Seung Gi just held onto my hands.

"How was dinner?" Seung Gi asked and I nodded with a soft smile. "It's not as hard as what you thought right?" He added on. "Yeap..." I replied timidly. Afterwards, we went window shopping happily. It seems like everything was perfectly fine. Just like how it was previously. 

"Excuse me, I need to go to the gents." Seung Gi excused himself. I waited for him near the escalator and was glancing around to kill time. I looked down and my eyes enlarged in shock. "Han Bin..." I muttered. Without any hesitation, I dashed down and confronted him. "Why did you do this to me?!" I questioned him in vex.

Scanning the environment, Han Bin dragged me to the back storey stairs. "Wait for me outside." He ordered his assistant. "Where did you steal that deck from? Who gave it to you?!" I asked him. Han Bin smirked evilly, "you." he whispered into my ears. I pushed him away, "don't smear me! I would never betray Doojoon!" I defended myself. 

Slyly, Han Bin held onto my arms. "Of course, you will never be disloyal to him. But, how could you forget the nights we spent together joyfully? We were meant for each other. Join me, we could be the leaders of our industry." He tried to convince me. It felt like the devil was casting spell on me. "Do you remember, "I love you"?" Han Bin continued. "Stop it!" I demanded.

He let go of me, "sure. My pieces of advice to you It would be better for you to stop fighting against what has already happened. Move on." Han Bin advice. "Anyways, it wasn't your fault that the files leaked out. I was the one who stole from your thumb drive." He admitted his crime. "Remember that night, when you and your lovely boyfriend had a fight and we went to a bar?" Han Bin reminded. "I sent you home, logged into my own laptop and copied the files from your thumb drive. I have to admit, your ideas for the campaign was remarkable. You really deserve my praises." He confessed. I couldn't believe it and slapped him across his thick skin. "if that calms you down, we're peace." He added on.

"You have no job ethics," I said firmly. Unexpectedly, Han Bin let out a soft smile, "whatever it is I just want you to know that I really love you. We can start fresh together again." He said. I scoffed in disbelieve, "are you insane? Why would I start fresh with you again?!" I doubted him. "I really love you. That's the truth. Also, I wasn't the one who spread this news to the media. On my end, I am searching for the unknown individual too." Han Bin emphasised. "If I ever believed you again, I must be crazy!" I answered madly and walked out from the back stairs. "Mr Kim..." His personal assistant came along. "It's fine." Han Bin ensured.

"Where have you been?! I was finding you in the whole shopping mall. Why didn't you answer my calls too?!" Seung Gi asked in a panic. However, I was immersed in Han Bin's words. "He wasn't the one who shared this news with the media? Who would want to bring me down from my job role?" I thought confused. "Did you hear me?" Seung Gi shouted. 

"Let's go for a drink." I requested and he raised his eyebrows. Grabbing his arm, I dragged him to the nearest pub and gulped down cups of hard liquor such as Whiskery. Feeling defeated, I laid my head on the bar counter. "He said he didn't report this issue to the media..." I whispered drunkenly. "Who?" Seung Gi asked. "Han Bin... He even admitted that he stole my files...I saw him at the shopping mall just now." I continued. Likewise, Seung Gi was bewildered too. "Who's words can we believe?" I howled.

Seung Gi sent me home after a few cups of liquor. He laid me on my bed and I laughed awkwardly. "it's funny, don't you think? We became closer because you found out about my relationship with Doojoon. It was a secret but it has ended now." I said bitterly. "Take a break..." Seung Gi caresses my tomato red cheeks. I tried to sit up straight, "that night...we kissed too...Surprisingly...Why do you always looked at me when I am down?" I questioned sadly. Seung Gi chuckled and towered over my body. "Because I love you. We will talk about this next time." He said and planted a kiss on my forehead. Afterwards, Seung Gi left my apartment.

On the way home, Seung Gi hauled his car near a convenience store and bought a can of beer. "That was so close..." He thought. "But, she did mention that Kim Han Bin confessed that he wasn't the one who spoke to the media. Can his words be trusted?" He wonders too. "Maybe I should check this case out too." Seung Gi muttered and went home.