Chapter 3 | Mr Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who am I destined with?

Mr. Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who Am I Destined To Be With?

I woke up with a huge headache, "I drank too much yesterday..." I muttered in pain. I picked up my smartphone and checked the timing. Shockingly, I received a call from Doojoon in the morning. Panicking, I unlocked my phone and dialled back the once frequent telephoned number again.

"Hello? Are you awaked?" His gentle voice chimes my horrible morning. "Sorry, I woke you up so early." He chuckled. "Let's meet up tonight at our old place, could we? Give me a chance to explain the situation." Doojoon pleaded and I gave in. At the moment, my heart softens and I felt butterflies in my stomach flying joyfully. 

"Hello, Manager Lee! Very nice to meet you." The reporter greeted with joy. "I couldn't believe the future CEO of 5050 co-operation invited me out for a coffee." He continued delightfully. Seung Gi smiled, "I wouldn't like anyone to know my secret identity. Cut the crap, I read your article you wrote about the whole marketing leak saga. I want to know the whereabouts of the female main character." He lied. The reporter chuckled awkwardly, "shouldn't you know her whereabouts clearly? She was once your company's employee. You could easily track her location by asking the rest of the workers." He highlighted. Seung Gi laughed, "you're right. However, no one dares to associate themselves with her now. Who told you this news anyways?" He questioned.

"We have our principals as a news reporter." The reporter stated. "I would like to help you as much as I could future CEO sir. All I can hint you are...female and same department. This is the furthest I could cross my own line. Of course, through this exchange, I hope to maintain our good relationship." He clued and smiled politely. Seung Gi giggled too. "Thank you for your hints." He replied kindly. "On my side, I heard that everyone is looking for the female main character of this marketing saga. Her net-worth tripled. Everyone wants to hire her." The reported added and packed his laptop away. "Our first meeting went fantastically." He ended and left him behind alone. Seung Gi bit his finger in curiosity, "female in the marketing department." He whispered to himself.

Seung Gi returned back to 5050 co-operation and purposely visit the Marketing department. "Hi, I need your help. Could you send to me the data of our past campaigns and sale figures as stated in the file." He instructed the staff. While waiting, he saw Daisy sitting on your seat. Being a busybody, "Hey Nancy, do you know who is the girl who took over ____?" Seung Gi asked. Nancy handed Seung Gi's file back to him. "She is Daisy and the new personal assistant of our boss, Yoon Doojoon." She introduced briefly. "Any more information about her that you know about?" He probed further. Nance tapped her pen against her own cheeks, "treat me to a dinner and I may consider." She offered. Seung Gu smiled dashingly, "sure. How could I reject an offer from one of the prettiest lady in this team." He replied flirtily. 

Motivated, Nancy stood up and whispered to Seung Gi. "I heard she volunteered to replace _______ and handle that job role without any handover." She said. "She volunteered?" Seung Gi puzzled. "Thanks, see you next week." He bid goodbye and went back to his office. "Should I check with the Human Resource department?" Seung Gi wondered. 

Doojoon came out of his office, "Daisy could you placed all the files related to "Campaign 05" on my table? Also, please kindly cancel any meetings after office hour today." He ordered and went to the gent. Following his instructions, Daisy set the files on Doojoon's desk and spot the reminder on his mobile phone. "Meeting at old place with ______." He recorded and Daisy was shocked. "Are they still in contact?" She thought.

"Why are you standing here?" Doojoon asked. Snapping out from her daze, "no. I just placed your files on your table and the meeting with Mr Han from Milky Island couldn't be cancelled. It's very urgent." She lied. Doojoon exhaled, "it couldn't help. We can't lose any customer. Thank you." Doojoon said and she left the room.

Later on, Doojoon handed the files to Daisy. "I will be leaving to meet Mr Han now. Could you follow up with the cases and meetups with the rest of our clients?" Doojoon told her and she nodded. "Would you want to tag along?" Doojoon suggested and she shook her head. "Have to follow up with some cases critically." She made some excuses and Doojoon made his way out of 5050 building. Daisy quickly scrolled her previously chat with me, "I remembered she mentioned that avenue has picturesque views in the night and sells yummy snacks on the roadside." She mumbled to herself. "I remember!" Daisy recalled and packed her bags.

I was already waiting at out "old place." I couldn't wait to meet him, was I too nervous? I sat down on a bench near the river bay and enjoyed the starry night. Recalling the joyful meetings we had here. "This is so delicious! Spicy rice cake is the best!" I cheered and Doojoon laughed. "Let me have a bite!" He tried to snatch my snacks but I rejected. Memories warm me up from inside, even the smallest and daily kind.

"________" Daisy called me. I was surprised. "Doojoon called me to replace his role to meet you, on his behalf." She added on. "I don't quite understand what are you trying to say..." I doubted her words. Daisy sighed, "I hated to cause a scene to be as ugly as what it already is." She acted. "Don't you get it? I am Doojoon's new personal assistant, he picked me personally and I will always be at his side supporting him whether it's office hours or personal time." She described a similar story that I was in before. "I am Doojoon's new girlfriend! Leave him alone, I begged you. The both of you were the past already! I just want him to be my side!" Daisy cried and I was speechless. "Furthermore, Doojoon is still under investigation by the police. Don't you feel that you have harmed him enough? You handed our rivals the ideas he created and developed? He is the most talented marketer in the industry. Now, he has to lower his dignity to beg for cases. Why do you have to drag him along too?" She screamed. Daisy wiped her tears, "that's all I have to say. I hope it clears your mind." She left me dumbfounded alone.

Doojoon arrived shortly after Daisy walked away. He smiled brightly and embraced me without hesitation. "I really miss you." His voice trembled. I, on the other hand, was deeply lost. Daisy's pleading and Doojoon's lovely words who should I believe? Doojoon's hug tightens and he snuggled his head in between the gap of my head and arm. "I miss you." He repeated many times. I whimpered, I wished to tell him the same too but I couldn't. I pushed him away and Doojoon's face is covered in tears. "Daisy was right. I pulled Doojoon into this case. He is innocent..." I thought sadly. Unwillingly, I let go of him and took a few steps back. He tried to move nearer, "stopped." I demanded. "Why do you have to this to me? I am confused... You called me over and crashed my hope. Perhaps, I am no longer important to you anymore that you could toy with my feelings." I confessed.

I unplugged the necklace he gave and threw it towards him. "You were right. The two of us needed some distance. Your job and future are more important. Let's break up." I stated. "What are you talking about?" Doojoon questioned. "Why are you letting go of each other? When we are in love for sure." He added on firmly. I shook my head, "maybe the best love I could offer is letting go of you." I cried and walked away. 

On the bus, tears do not seem to stop flowing. Lots of memories I had with Doojoon flashed back in my mind, our promises, the plans we had for future and even the simplest food cravings we would want to eat. "I hope those words that I wasn't able to deliver will reach you. That heart and feeling that loved each other reach you too. But, knowing that you have moved on to a new relationship so quickly has smashed by hopes of you and I continuing our relationship together. Maybe, I was the only one loving you more than I thought." I wailed.

Alighting the bus, I saw Seung Gi standing at the entrances of the building. "Hey, you are back. I was checking that if you are still being a zombie at home. But, you weren't there and glad that you came out for a walk. Your dress looks good." He praised happily. 

I broke down and howled on the spot. Surprised, Seung Gi hugged me. "What's wrong?! Tell me!" He asked but I couldn't reply to him properly. Today, my relationship with Yoon Doojoon ended "beautifully".