Chapter 4 | Mr Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who am I destined with

Mr. Kim, Yoon & Lee, Who Am I Destined To Be With?

The bright sunray shone into my bedroom, I woke up and drew the curtains. Turning around, I saw Seung Gi lying on my bed. Quietly, I walked out of my room and washed up too. "What happened yesterday night?" I wondered. Afterwards, I went to the kitchen and started preparing the breakfast.

Seung Gi came out from my room and wore his jacket. "Good morning." He greeted sheepishly and me too. "Breakfast?" He pinpointed. "Do you want some coffee?" I suggested. He nodded his head and I went to brew him a cup of my signature coffee. He took a slip of it, "this is delicious." He complimented. "Thank you." I smiled.

Then, Seung Gi's mobile phone rang. "Good morning Mr Lee, the company's meeting is starting in an hour time." His assistant reminded him gently. "Got it. Will be on my way back to the office." He said and hung up the call. "Could you pack a mug of coffee for me?" Seung Gi requested. I nodded. "Thank you." He answered shyly and we bid goodbye to each other.

In the office, Seung Gi turned up for the meeting on time and of course along with the mug of signature coffee. Shortly after, Doojoon and Daisy joined the monthly meeting too. The long stretch of presentation starts and Seung Gi felt sleepy. He opened his mug and drank the delicious coffee to freshen up himself. "That smell..." Doojoon thought familiarly. "It couldn't be..." He puzzled. After the meeting ended, "the coffee smell so good." Doojoon said. "Where did you buy it? I would like to have a try too." He probed further. Seung Gi laughed awkwardly, "sorry. Not too sure I just bought it from a coffee shop nearby." He lied and Doojoon nodded.

In the afternoon, Seung Gi continued his investigation. "Hello, beautiful Taeha." He greeted cheekily. "Could you help me? I need a new recruitment as my department is in need of manpower." Seung Gi pleaded. "As you know, our company is out of the budget and we aren't earning as well as before." Taeha rejected. "How about asking people who are interested to change department? From Marketing to Sale & Data?" He suggested. Taeha hesitated, "will they want to?" She questioned. "I could approach and persuade them." Seung Gi tried to convince Taeha. "Sure, you could try your luck. However, in one condition. Salary readjustment should not increase more than 5%." She stated and he agreed immediately. "Could you forward me all the employees' resume in the Marketing department?" Seung Gi requested. "Are you sure? It's a lot of files to browse through." Taeha warned. "Of course." He ensured.

In his own office, Seung Gi read through Daisy's resume and application form's remarks regarding her latest job role. "Self-volunteered to take over the personal assistant role of Marketing Director, Yoon Doojoon." The Human Resource (HR) department wrote. "So, Nancy wasn't lying about it." He thought. "But, why did she opted for it? Salary wasn't readjusted too." Seung Gi got even curious.

During lunch, Seung Gi was having his bowl of salad at the salad shop downstairs. Nancy joined him, "eating alone? You should have called me along." she said delightfully. "I heard the Sale & Data department is looking for a new employee." She started the topic. Seung Gi smiled charmingly, "the news spread very fast." He commented. Nancy beamed, "I am very keen on trying new role and responsibilities." She hinted. Seung Gi giggled, "you are a very interesting individual." He made a remark. His smiles faded away when he saw Doojoon and Daisy leaving 5050 building. "Where are they going?" He asked.

"Meetings, of course. Recently, Doojoon became even more "workaholic" the past few days. Many of us have to work overtime." Nancy complain. "Even Daisy?" Seung Gi questioned and she nodded unhappily. "You seem to be very interested in her. Are you going to request her to change department?" Nancy asked. Seung Gi smirked, "I am just curious about her capabilities, taking over a new job role without any guidance. As you know, __________ was sacked immediately when the whole saga was published which led to no handover." He elaborated. 

"Just a tip, Daisy is a sly vixen. There were rumours that she likes Yoon Doojoon. She and _______ were best friends." Nancy gossiped. Seung Gi repeated Nancy's words, "Daisy and _________ were best friends?" He asked. "Not only that, this role originally belonged to Daisy but Doojoon has chosen ________ in the end," Nancy added on. "Thank you for your gossips and useful tips." Seung Gi said. "I will reconsider my choice carefully for sure." He assured. Seung Gi also picked up the precious mug of coffee and made his way back to the office. "Some reminders, be cautious of who you are gossiping with. It may cause you a job." He warned. "He must be really caring about me." Nancy cheered. 

A knock was heard, "oh! You are here. Come in and kindly close the door too." Seung Gi instructed Daisy. Following his orders, Daisy closed the door. Next, she threw a piece of notepad on his desk. "I do not understand the notes you wrote." She said angrily. Seung Gi smirks, "join my department with a readjustment of 5% salary." He read loudly. "Don't tell me you can't read? Otherwise, I will be utterly disappointed." Seung Gi raised his eyebrows.

Daisy scoffed and snatched the sticky notepad back. "I know you are part of the marketing saga and I will report you to the upper management." She finished the whole paragraphs in Vexed. He laughed, "I am very keen to know more about the whole story and rumours received that ______ and you were great pals." He highlighted. Daisy laughed half-heartedly, "what does that even proved?" She questioned Seung Gi's interpretation. "If you don't have much enquires, I will be leaving now." She stated firmly. "Sure." Seung Gi gestureded her towards the door. "Oh. I spoke to the reporter himself, female and same department." He hinted at her. However, Daisy has no responses. "Fascinating player." Seung Gi amazed.

Doojoon was about to leave office, "I will be leaving now. Hurry up and go home too." He said. Daisy stood up, "Doojoon, please do not transfer me to another department. I love my job as your personal assistant and you taught me lots of stuff." She begged. Doojoon was bewildered. "Manager Lee from Sale & Data department called me to scout me over. Please, I want to stay in the Marketing team." She cried. Doojoon sighed and tapped Daisy's shoulder, "don't worry. I wouldn't allow that to happen. Perhaps, I may need to invite Manager Lee for a coffee tomorrow." He ensured her.