Track #6 - Perfect

Records of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight."

— Perfect, Ed Sheeran

~~~

Shutting off the engine as soon as he parked the car, Yonghwa smiled as he watched his wife still sound asleep in the passenger seat. He could see the dark circles under her eyes, and he was just happy that she could get enough rest. She was in the third trimester of her pregnancy, and he knew how Joohyun had trouble getting enough deep and uninterrupted sleep. Hearing her whimper slightly to find a comfortable sleeping position, he undid both of their seatbelts and leaned across the console to rouse her. Running his hands up and down her arms, he watched as she slowly woke up.

"Are we home?" she asked, her eyes blinking.

"Home. Do you want me to carry you inside?" he kissed her cheek, smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

She refused his offer, but he chuckled as she tried to pull him closer to her, the gear stick digging on his abdomen. "Come on, let's get you to bed. You need to rest. It's almost midnight,"

Opening the door, he walked around the car hastily to assist his very pregnant wife. He slipped his arm around her waist, supporting her back as his other hand grasped hers. He was thankful for the moonlight that shone above them, allowing them to walk their way through the doorstep.

Entering their house, he led her towards the staircase to go to their bedroom, but Joohyun stopped him by pulling his hand back, "Can we go to the kitchen first? Your daughter wants some lemon bars," she asked, her eyes imploring him to agree.

Who was he to deny her request if she was looking at him with those enchanting brown eyes? Sometimes, he disliked that his wife knew what his weakness was. Those eyes were his undoing. "Of course, sweetheart. But not too much, okay? You need to sleep,"

"But I'm too awake and hungry to sleep now, Yong!" she whined as she let him guide her to one of the stools on the kitchen island.

"At least try after you have your fill. You know sleeping this late is bad for you and the baby," he negotiated as he placed a plate of lemon bars she baked yesterday and a glass of water in front of her. In a flash, almost half of the bars were gone.

He smiled as he watched his wife eat with so much enthusiasm. It made him happy to see her appetite coming back. He knew how the thought of food made her gag during her pregnancy; she could barely keep anything down. He wiped the crumbs that collected on the corners of , "Is it delicious?"

"The best!" she grinned widely at him, and all he could do was give her sloppy kisses all over her beautiful face because he found her adorable.

As he pulled away, he brushed her cheek with his thumb. Years had passed since they started dating, and he still could not believe that a wonderful woman he now called his wife chose him. He was the guy who lucked out on finding someone like Seo Joohyun and having her love him as much as he loved her. He was a lucky man to have married her and shared a home with her. Now, she was carrying their daughter—his daughter. He must have done something heroic in his past life to deserve this. It was too good to be true.

Words could not explain his love for her and his yet-to-be-born d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter