Track #3 - Wonderful Tonight

Records of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And the wonder of it all,
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you.
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light,
I say, "My darling, you are wonderful tonight."
Oh my darling, you are wonderful tonight."
— Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton

(you should listen to the song for maximum impact!)

---

"Considering how the defendant violated the laws and committed first degree murder, I sentence the defendant, Kang Hyunwoo to fifteen years in prison." the presiding court stated ending the court trial.

 

Joohyun sighed in relief. The final hearing for this case finally ended and she could spend her holidays without worrying about anything. She gathers her papers, and proceeds to walk outside the courthouse.

 

She just couldn't wait to get home.

 

She walks resolutely to the elevator, feeling the presence of someone beside her. It was one of her colleagues, Tiffany. "You really are ruthless, Prosecutor Seo."

 

She smiles, "I've been called worst,"

 

Tiffany shakes her head, "You gave me a hard time there. Ugh, this is why I don't like being a defense lawyer!"

 

She just smiled and entered the lift. "By the way, the others and I are going to have dinner at Minhyuk's restaurant later, are you going?"

 

Joohyun shakes her head politely, "I can't, I already made plans for today,"

 

"With someone?" she watches as Tiffany raises her eyebrow.

 

"Stop it, un—" she halted in her steps as she sees a familiar figure three meters away. Tiffany follows her gaze and her smile is teasing, "Right, of course, he always comes first." she winks.

 

"Unnie!" she huffs.

 

Tiffany finally lets out a laugh. Really, teasing her was really entertaining. She lets it go as the youngest is already red in the face, "Alright, I'm sorry, go on. Your man is waiting in the cold. Say hi for me please,"

 

When Tiffany left her alone, she eyed the man who had his phone on his ear. He must be calling her. And right on cue, her phone started vibrating. "Hello?"

 

"Sweetheart, is the hearing done?"

 

"It just finished a few minutes ago, why?"

 

She watched as he craned his neck left and right to get a better view of her. When his eyes found hers, he let out a smile, making her smile back in return. "Hmm, because I'm taking you out on a date today?"

 

Her smile grew wider and teasingly replied, "Let me check my schedule for today, mister. I might not be available,"

 

"You can cancel them for me, Prosecutor Seo. I even canceled mine for you."

 

"I am brought up with manners and that's just inappropriate, sir."

 

She can hear his smile as he replies, "Well then, should I make an appointment?"

 

She stops a few inches in front of him, her phone still in her ear, "There's no need, kind sir. I can always make time for you,"

 

"That's good to hear then."

 

They stood staring at each other's eyes before he finishes the call. He walks forward and engulfs her body in a very familiar embrace. "I miss you,"

 

She rubs her cheek on his chest, "I miss you too, pabo-yah."

 

She smiles as he kisses the crown of her head and whispers, "Adorable."

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter