Hunting night

Smokey - Rude boys

Many hours had already passed. Don't ask me how many hours but outside it was already night. I could see the moon. Lala, Pi and Takeshi were taken upstairs. Detective Kuro wanted to talk with them. He was still trying a way to unpin the crimes they were accused of. Though If some how they guys were free and save I would be alright. Those guys came first, it was like that for ever.

Suddenly, Toka appeared and walked over to my cell. I glared at her and rushed punching the cells rails as hard as i could. I am not sure if my fist bleed, but my rage was so high. I wanted to break through the metal prison and beat her. But she didn't react, she was cold. She didn't even look at me. She only threw an envelop from a safe distance and left.

I opened the envelop. Inside was a small paper with something written and few keys. I read the note it was saying 'Get out of here. Come find me behind the prison at the start of the forest. If you want to clear things.' I hold the note for some time. It wouldn't be wise to escape right now. I would look more guilty than ever. But I took my risks. I tried the keys until I found the right key and open the door. But before i left, I left the note inside the cell. I also looked around and found a pen. And wrote where i was going. I didn't trust Toka at that point. And if Kuro found the note, he maybe could come to my aid.

Then i fled from the police station. My moves where good. I had not rusted all these weeks there. I managed to hide when ever an officer showed up. Until i managed to break free. "What I am doing?" I mumbled. I really needed to see Toka. I had a small hope that she would explain, I hoped that i was wrong or at least that there was a reason to all that.

The start of the forest there was indeed Toka and Okabi waiting. I really went there to get some answers but when i saw them. I remembered what we were through these days. I remembered how they played us. I stormed over were they were standing. No, I didn't want to talk with them. I purely attacked with out a second thought. Toka avoided my first kick, but my second hit Okabi. But I didn't manage to go on with my attack as they pulled their weapons. And had me freeze.

"Yeah, I forgot you don't play fair." I told them as i kept glaring at them as a wild animal.

Okabi pointed at the open path that was leading to the forest "Run!" he said and pointed the gun at me. Toka still stood close cold with no emotions.

But I didn't run. I turned and faced him as he was pointing the gun against my head "I'm not running. What's going on?" I asked him as i had my first ready to attack again. Even if I would end up dead.

Okabi gazed at with a crazy glare. He looked like he had lost contact with these world. He seemed different. "Run! You may escape and not have the same faith as you father. Or you will day as him, and the reporter." he shouted.

The day wasn't any better, but my night become once more a nightmare. I grabbed him from his neck. "Did you kill them?" I yelled at him.

He pushed me off him and pointed again the gun at me. Toka was simple following him and pointed the gun at me again. "They were nosy. They wanted to know and know about the fire. It was their fault that my parents died." he yelled at me with all his power.

"You know, you don't make any sense. Why is that their fault?" I try to ask him. But Okabi wasn't there to explain anything. He just wanted revenge or at least what I thought.

He didn't answer me, he only shoot one time in the air. "Run. If you manage to pass the forest and we don't find you. You may leave." he voiced at me.

"Wait.. what is that? Toka?" I yelled at them both. Those people had issues. It sounded like they wanted to hunt me down. And i wasn't wrong.

Okabi fire one more time, and both pointed the guns at me. "You have few minutes. Run! then we we will hunt you down!" He yelled at me. And Toka only coldly added "Run!"

I didn't wait. I don't mind really dying. But not like that. There was still so many things to do. Free the guys. Find the truth. And maybe find my mother. I looked at the start of the forest and turned facing it. I run. I didn't wait. I didn't look behind me. I run and run, by passing the city lights and getting deeper inside the forest. I was sure i could hear bikes behind me.

Maybe it was one or two. I was being hunted. Staying at these path would be easy to catch me. I change my path. I tried to find a more rocky ground. Where the bikes would be hard to drive. The forest almost remained me of nameless city. It was not made of metal but wood. I closed my eyes. It didn't matter it was night. I could run through it. And that's exactly what I did. I jump from tree to tree. Trying my best not to leave any print behind.

But it didn't matter how much I run. It didn't matter how high i jumped. The light of the bikes were always near and were getting closer. Where they that good? How did they really keep track on me. I climbed above a high tree to pause only for a second by they were coming my way. I let my hands rest inside my pockets. I still had the keys. I looked at the keys. It was the keys. GPS. That's how they did it. I left the keys at the tree and jumped to another. And then from there i run few steps away. I noticed they pause under the tree. I was right, they keys. I heard few shots.

I thought now i could run away. I turned to leave as far as i could. I heard a last shot. The bulled thankfully only left a minor scar against my arm and hit the tree next to me. I froze and turned. Okabi was close to me, ready to shoot.

"You luck ends here!" he said with a crazy look on his face and ready to shoot. Toka was behind him but at least she wasn't pointing the gun at me. But seemed they were few more people with their bikes behind them.

I was sure my end had come. "Wait! At least explain me why?" I asked him. Not that it really mattered but i really wanted to know.

"I wanted to kill the ones who killed my parents. Your dad, and I was looking for that reporter. All the stories and everything was a set up. But you mixed into it. And we found out who you were. Killing you was the only way. Don't forget I lost a sister. You family should lose a kid also." he said and pointed the gun.

I closed my eyes and waited. He was about to pull the trigger.

But then I only heard a hitting sound and someone fall against the ground. I looked down. Okabi was laying on the ground.

I looked up. Toka had hit him with the bag of her gun. She looked at me lost. She looked behind her. Then she grabbed my hand and said "Come!"

We run away. Leaving behind Okabi. Minutes later we could hear the bikes being after us. Toka leaded the way, as if she knew the forest. We ended up inside something that looked like a cave. She sat down, put her gun away. She reached and pulled a bottle of water and give it to me. I looked at the bottle. "It has not poison in it." she told me.

"I know." I mumbled and drunk a bit. Then i gave her the bottle. She drunk also. We sat down and rested for sometime. No one really talked. And i didn't try to attack her. "How did we end like that?"I asked her.

She gazed at me and stood up facing away from me, towards the opening of the cave. Dawn was already there. I couldn't see her face. If it was cold or not. "The detective was right. Mom, dead even Reika died at that fire. Okabi always told me it was the detective (your father) and that reporter that set the fire." she started explain in a confusing voice.

"My father, the reporter why?" I asked there as I gazed at her trying to understand what was going on.

"I didn't know either. I grow up with Okabi and his gang. We were looking for answers or that's what he told me. We set traps trying to find the reporter, but he was hiding. Until our paths crossed. The day that gang attacked you. It wasn't random after all. Okabi knew exactly what he was doing."she revealed.

"Then the person with the hidden face and black clothes was you?" I asked her tilting my head.

Toka nodded still spacing out."When I asked Okabi he said he was wrong. I trusted my brother. Then he thought to try and change the case files, and draw you in these story. He wanted the reporter. And seemed with you help he found him. When we found him dead. I was not sure if it was Okabi. I found it out the next day. He said we should stop now the show." she added and sighed.

"And you blindly followed him?" I yelled at her. "I know he is your brother but are you crazy?" I asked he and turned her around only to see her cry.

She pushed me away "What could i do? I found out what ever I believed was a lie. Okabi set the fire. Okabi killed your father and Okabi killed the reporter. I was trying to see if it was true. And it was. I was beaten." she yelled loudly.

"What ever the reason Toka. You were framing people. You followed him into a suicide mission. You had the reporter killed. You put my guys in trouble. For what for a revenge that didn't exist. Are you kidding me? And first of all you are a detective." I shouted at her more. I thought Toka was clever. That she was better than that.

She had no idea what to say. It seemed though that she had woken up. "Gomen. I will make it right. I will not let Hiroki take any more lives." she said with a crying voice.

Our loud voices soon made are noticeable. Okabi had found us with his gang. He and his gang showed up from no where. They pointed the guns once again. Now that i had the answers I didn't really want to end like that. We were surrounded by him. Attacking with out a weapon here wouldn't save us.

"You thought I wouldn't find you. Toka what did you do?" Okabi asked his sister really mad.

Toka shielded me and faced him "What did i do. Hiroki you killed them. You made me follow a revenge that didn't exist! whats wrong with you? You killed mom dad and sis.. why?" she yelled at him.

"Move.. sister all i will shoot." Okabi said pointing the gun at her. Soon Toka pulled he gun and pointed at him. I didn't have a good feeling about it.

Deus ex machina, suddenly appeared. Kuro and his SWAT team surrounded them. The gang lowered the guns and they were arrested. Toka walked over where her brother was. She grabbed her handcuffs and cuffed him. Okabi let his gun fall. Kuro cuffed Toka too and took her in.


Kuro apologized about everything. Toka and Okabi explained everything to them. Okabi was send to a mental prison and Toka was kept for few months. Me an the guys returned at the nameless city. I was still alive by then. The months were Toka was in prison for her crimes, I went and looked for my mother. I found her. She had a new family now. A son, and she was happy. We spoke. She told me, it was her who left me in the nameless city. And if she had to do that. She would so that again. Since Okabi had made it clear as many years it would take him, he would kill me. At least in the nameless city. It would be hard to find me.

I was glad i found my mother. At least she was alive. I was happy she had a family and was living nice. I told her i wouldn't bother her again. But she said we could meet and talk. That she had missed me. We have a coffee and talk. Not like mother and son. That will take time. But at least like far family.

Today I left early and was waiting in front the Hokkaido prison. I never went to see Toka. I never called her. I never tried to find anything about her. I only told Kuro to tell me when she would get out. I stood outside the prison, as she walked out. She gazed at me and paused confusing. I looked at her, and jumped into my bike. I waited for her to come. She walked over. Still confused. She didn't get it. I gave her a helmet and told her to climb up. She sat behind me.

"Do you have a destination?" I asked her as she put her arms around me and shook her head. I knew that. Her brother was in prison. Her parents dead. She was fired from her job. I smiled and left. I took her with me at the nameless city. I never leave my people behind. I am always there from them. It doesn't matter how deep they have failed me. They had their reasons. Like Lala, like Shion. The same now Toka. And Toka is my family. Our Family.

((Next chapter))