The day the truth was found

Smokey - Rude boys

I could still feel the sweetness of her lips against mine. My eyes were open but I didn't want to get up. I was never like that. Me, was always active and moving. Even when i was ill, even if i coughed blood, I never stayed down. But right now, if you asked me, I just wanted to remain in bed and day dream. Maybe I was ill, with a new illness. Or maybe the illness was causing those side effects. I was sure now, the fast heart beats. The sudden heat i felt. It should be the treatment. Or I let myself fool me.

"Brother, breakfast." Lala almost yelled at me but I didn't react at all. "I don't know guys he is like that all morning. I am worried." Lala told them.

"He was in good mood last night. And he doesn't seem ill." Takeshi added as he was helping with the breakfast.

"What do you think Toka? Did anything happened yesterday?" Lala asked her. But she didn't reply also. She was just adding sugar to her tea. Or better she was having sugar with some tea.

"Toka what are you going to drink that?" Pi asked her as he noticed that she was also some how acting oddly.

Toka nodded not really hearing anything she was still thinking "Yes i will!" she said and took a sip of the tea that was overfilled with sugar.

"What ever Smokey has, Toka has it also." Pi told them as he smiled.

"What is wrong with them?" Lala asked him serious.

"They are daydreaming!" Pi answered making Takeshi and Lala gaze at them.

Lala blinked and looked at both "You are right." she said as she moved her hand in frond of them. "They aren't here?"

But me as well as Toka went on with our dream. I think we had breakfast. And we even talked with everyone. But I cannot remember anything.

The perfect dream and our talk was only stopped Okabi walked into the room. His face was serious and he sat with us. "I posted the stories. I just received a reply." he said.

I turned and faced him "Tell us what happened?" i asked him serious. Toka also ended her dream world and focused at him.

"They didn't say anything. The stories were taken down. Like that. The email I posted is closed also." Okabi informed them serious.

"That's odd. They surely have power. But finding everything so fast and even take them down. " Toka said.

Okabi though had more to tell us "Toka that is not the only issue. The police was outside my home. They are looking for me."

"Wait! Were you in any wanted list or did it happen because of us?" I asked him. We were bring more people in these danger.

"You know i don't follow the law. I have done things that you can say could get me in prison. But i was never caught. So I think it has to do with your case." Okabi told us.

Toka stood up and gazed outside the window "Once again we are in dead end. That happens every time. I told you guys." she said.

And I could see that now also. Maybe we found one clue and stormed into the second, but we would hit a dead end. Of course we found out so many things. I found out about my parents, the connections. But we didn't know with who we had to deal with. And that was scarier.

I didn't manage to end my thoughts. When the entrance door was taking down. Suddenly the police, filled the room and surrounded us. They were holding guns and ordering us not to move. Toka tried to show her ID and tell them she was a detective. But they knew that. They were there to take us in. I had no idea what we were even blamed for. I thought it was because they were after Okabi. Me, the guys and Toda followed the police. I thought we would clear our name easily.

But i was wrong. In the police station they separated us. Everyone was dragged into a different room. Even Toka. I waited there for hours. I didn't know what had happened to the others. I was worried serious. Suddenly a detective came into the room.

"My name is Kuro Ichiro. I am from Tokio's first division. I hope you will answer me honestly. And not like your friends." he told me.

I glared at him "We didn't do anything. Why did you brought us here." I asked him with a loud tone.

"That's exactly what the others saying. But we have proof." he answered.

"Proof? of what?" I asked again lost these time. Were those guys really that powerful to do that to us.

"Yes proof. We found the reporter's body. Your fingerprint are all over his body. And the weapon that killed him." he said coldly to me.

"Wait you found the body." I looked at him confused. I thought those people hid the body. "I touched the body, when we looked if he was alive. But i never touched the weapon that killed him." I said loudly.

The detective showed me the weapon. There were no other prints only mine. I had no idea what was going on. Surely I was framed. But that was not what i waited. "For you own good. You better tell us the truth." that police man told me.

"I told you I didn't do it." I yelled at him and i hit the desk. It took me few minutes to calm down. But i needed to find out about the others. "How about the others? Why did you keep them?" I asked him serious. "They weren't at the scene?"

Detective Kuro nodded, "they aren't involved in the murder. There have been few breaks in lately We found evidence, and someone informed us you were at Toka's house." he explain.

I grabbed my head that was spinning. There was no way any of the guys would do anything like that. "I know them. They are family they would never steal!" I told him.

The odd thing was that the detective agreed with me. "The way the proof was left was odd. Lala, Takeshi and Pi if i am not mistaken their names are saying the same that they didn't do it. But with all the proof is hard to let you guys go." he explained.

I was really furious. We were framed. But the detective seemed kind. He was taking his time to ask me. He was taking the time to explain. Maybe he wasn't part at these game that someone choose to play.

"How about Okabi?" I asked him "Why did you catch him."

The detective looked at him confused. "Okabi? whose Okabi?" he asked me

"Expect me, Lala, Toka, Pi, Takeshi there was one more person?" I said. Maybe Okabi wasn't his real name. And I was right. But there was more to come.

"A! Yu Hiroki you mean. He isn't a suspect." the detective answered me.

I was more confused like ever. His last name sounded familiar. He even wasn't wanted by the police. I froze trying to think. But nothing made really sense.

"Why would you think that detective Toka's brother is a suspect?" the detective asked me.

I turned and looked at him "Her brother? I thought she didn't have any siblings? or at least she never introduced us him as her brother." I really was lost more than before. It isn't that i was accused of murder. Or that i got the guys into problem. But now I was told that people i trusted told me lies. "And what about Toka? What happened to her?" I asked.

The detective sighed "I shouldn't answer you that. But she is alright. She is giving us the details. Why you guys kept her inside her house, and how you managed to blackmail her. All those days and you managed to keep he with you. "

My mind rolled, my breath was cut. I was surely dreaming. What was that police officer saying. These is a nightmare. That makes not sense at all. "Wait. We did what?" I jumped up shouting. "That isn't truth. Toka, as well as me were looking into some cases that is true. I was trying to find out about my parents and she was trying to find out about her dad's killer. But we never blackmailed her or hold her against her will." I tried to explain.

The detective that was about to leave sat down. Maybe it was my loud cries that got his attention. "Alright which cases? Tell me what you know?"

I took a deep breath trying to remember as many things as i could about the cases "Case 876-95. The fire and the death of the family. Those wear my parents. 855-94 the kill of the police officer. Toka's father. and case 771-88.." but there was were i was stopped.

The detective looked at me, thinking if he should tell or just leave me there. "You know what you are saying is completely wrong. You have the case files correct. Two of them at least. But the stories are wrong." he told me.

My head was spinning, my body told me to faind. But i couldn't. Something was wrong here. And today i had to find out. "Detective, I am not sure if i can trust you. But could you tell me about those cases. I saw the files. How could I see wrongly." I asked him confused.

The detective looked at me and walked out of the room. I thought I would never seen him again. I was worried about the guys. I even couldn't understand why Toda would act like that. But before even i ended my thought the detective came back. He was holding two boxes and sat down.

"I usually don't do that." he said but seemed he had his reason to want to explain at me what was going on. He opened the case file 855-94. "1994, there was a fire indeed. It was set by a family member. Two parents died and the youngest daughter. That was file case 855-94. "

Indeed it was the fire, but the dated were one year before. Like someone had changed the case files. Also it said the fire was set by a family member and one more child died. It wasn't a random hit and run. They burned inside the factory. "That is not the same case files." I noticed.

Detective Kuro nodded and showed me the other case. "876-95 case. The detective who was responsible for case 855-94 died. Or better he was murder with exact way that the reporter was killed by you." he said confusing me more. "As for the case file 771-88 there was never such a case."

My world had collapsed. I was searching based at wrong case files. But that was not the only issue the detective had more to add. And maybe thats why he believed me and was explaining the cases to me.

"The couple that died in the fire and their daughter were Toka's and Hiroki's parents. The Yu family." the detective said. Now nothing was really making sense. My parent's were not my parents.

"But i saw the picture and the boy was me ..." i mumbled really confused. I had no idea who to believe anymore or what. Nothing was making sense.

The detective showed me the pictures. It was the one i had seen before. "These is detective Yamaoka. His wife and his only son. Case 876-95. The murder case. And if in any case that boy was you. Then detective Yamaoka was your dad. " he said.

Silence over took the room. I couldn't wake from that nightmare. Everything seemed like a bad dream. It didn't make sense. But i wanted to know the truth. And mostly i wanted to know why would Toka say those lies. But she must have a reason..

"After the fire. You father took Toka and Hiroki with him. He was looking into the case still, and wanted to protect the kids. Your father was that kind of person. But he wasn't lucky and he ended up dead. Toka and Hiroki left the house the day of the murder, i found it odd. After the funeral you mother took you and left. She was scared that you would have the same faith as your father. I never managed to find you." the detective started to explain.

Now things some how started to make sense. "You knew my father?" I asked him.

He nodded "We were working together. He was my partner. You know why i am here. Because i was still keeping an eye on those cases and on Toka. I never thought i would come across you."

"Those things cannot be true. If those things are true then it means.." I blinked and gazed at him. I was pale like never before.

"It means that Toka and Hiroki are hiding things. I found it odd that the reporter died exactly the same way as your dad. I was sure it wasn't you. Even if i didn't know who you were. I found everything that was happening oddly. I am here days now looking about these case. But today i couldn't avoid to bring you in. I will keep you for few days. The proof are well placed but I will cleared it up." he told me.

I should be happy to have a friend on my side. But my mind was only thinking about the guys and Toka. "Can I see her?" I asked him.

He sighed and nodded, like he understood how i was easily framed. "I will bring her in." he said.

Few more moments passed, everything seemed dark. 'I shouldn't never come to these town. I shouldn't never.' I thought as the door opened. Toka and Kuro come in. She was gazing at me like nothing had happened. I stood up but my legs didn't let me to get closer. I wasn't sure if i could hear her say those things. "Toka why?" I only asked her that.

Though she never answered that "I told you Detective Kuro. These is the person that threaten me and my brother. And I had no other choice only to follow. Can i go now?" she said coldly with out any emotion.

There was no way that was Toka, how could it be truth. My old self kicked in. Don't forget i am Smokey the leader of the rude boys. "Are you kidding me?" I snapped and crushed my fist against the desk. "Who ... and I did what?" I yelled at her. Toka remain there looking at me with the same cold look. It was true i cared about her. But there were people, my family that right now where in danger because of her and me. "I don't know what made you play me like that. But i will find the truth. Wait and see!" I yelled at her.

"So do that!" she said coldly and turned around leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

There was so many things i had to think. I had to organize the new facts. I had to understand what was going on. But for now my mind was spinning. Kuro didn't say anything he put me in a cell with the rest of the guys. We would only be there for few days. If we were found guilty we would send to prison. I was really glad I was seeing the guys. I slept for hours and hours. I couldn't accept that new reality. But, I had still to help those guys.

Hours later i open my eyes. I gathered the guys around me and i told them all the story. That Toka and her brother Hiroki ( who was that Okabi guy) were behind these, or maybe had a part in these. That everything we found out. Was wrong or changed. That the parents that died in the fire were, the parents of Toka and Okabi. That they died in the factory and someone had set the fire. That the detective, who died one year after that was my father. That he was helping Toka and Okabi. That he died the same way as the reporter. And that i was framed of his death. I clarified everything. Now we had to sit down as a family and find the answer.

I let these story weaken me enough.. It was time for the Rude boys to find the answers and get free from that bad luck. Because no one, messes with my family.

((Next chapter))