I stole your first...

Smokey - Rude boys

The next morning came, faster than i thought. When I walked into the living room there was already a odd guy sitting and typing. That should be the guy that would help us crack the passwords. I poured some tea and sat with everyone else. Though I was mostly ignored. I sipped my tea and grabbed few documents that were placed on the coffee table. Though those documents were new. I didn't manage to read the first page as Toka came also inside the room and took a seat.

"These is Okabi. He is an old friend. He already cracked the files. And i printed them. I went through them." Toka explained as she crossed her legs.

I gave a light bow to Okabi and went on gazing at the documents that made no sense really to me. But Toda seemed to already understand what she was holding. "So what have you found?" i asked her gazing her deeply in her eyes.

"Alright. Remember the 771-88 case. We couldn't find the documents?" she asked me and grabbed few documents and gave them towards me.

I took the documents confused "But weren't the files gone?" I asked her back trying to understand what she was trying to tell me.

Toka nodded "The actual files were gone. But seem that your parents talk to the reporter. They found out there was a company trying to bury those toxic around the area they lived. They reported it to my father and the story was suppose to be published by the newspaper." she said and pointed to the article written at 1988. "But it never came out. Someone stopped it and the case was closed. But my father kept looking into that case. Or linked cases. See all those documents here are connected cases from 1988. I think your parents and my father, with the reporter worked to solve them. That's why my father ended up dead, Your parents and then the reporter. Everyone found out something they shouldn't" she added.

"So they knew about all those cases. Thats what got them killed?" I asked her.

"I don't think that was the case. All those cases have been covered up. Even if they published them they wouldn't make any sense. Because there is someone missing. They don't say anywhere who was behind all these. There are few names and yakuza. But the real culprit isn't shown anywhere." she made it clear.

"That means we are also in a dead end then?" I asked as i threw the documents against the table. "Until now what ever we did was for nothing?"

"Not exactly. We cannot use the old cases. We cannot report or purplish any of those. But we can set a trap." Toka said making everyone turn and gaze at her confusing.

"A trap?" Pi asked loudly "Smokey you wanted to find out about your parents. You already found out that those people were you parents. You also found out how they died. Why would you want to go own with these?" he voiced worried.

"Pi is right Smokey. You don't know what we will deal with. And does really make sense. It has nothing to do with us." Takeshi added.

And Lala nodded "Yes brother. We have a lot to deal back at the nameless city. Let's go back."

I sighed, but everyone was willing to go back home. These way at least they would be save. But I couldn't just agree. It's not that i wanted revenge to the one that killed all those people and my parents. But how could such a person still live free. "Guys I know you are right. But i cannot just leave now. There was someone who killed or ordered all those kills. He is still free and enjoying his life. How could i turn my back to that?" Smokey said making everyone to drop the matter.

"Alright then what could we do?" Pi said waiting for Toda to response. Those guys would always make me happy. It didn't matter if they didn't agree with me. When they thought i wanted something they would drop it and follow me. I couldn't be happier to have such friends. Or better such family. Even Toda was surprised at their faith to me.

"Alright. I will only report that i found the sd card. It seem that those people find everything out. Then we will wait until they come to us." she simply said.

"That's dangerous. What you mean wait until they come to us?" Lala yelled at Toka.

"Well we will not sit and wait. We will be ready and wait for them." Toka said.

"No, they will just bring more people to get us. The master mind will not be show in these case. It will be a trap to get us. More than i trap to get them." I told them.

Okabi agreed with me "He has a point Toka. We have to provoke them to show themselves." he added.

"And how will we do that?" Toka asked at him serious. She was pissed, I could tell from the way she talked and they way she moved. That girl was more times angry than in any other mood.

"You are good with hacking Okabi. We can post some of the stories to get their attention. Maybe leave a contact email behind?" I suggested.

"You are right. There few stories that would get their attention. And they are good written i will not need to make any changes. What do you think Toka?" Okabi asked her.

"Alight then do that. If you think it can help!" she said and walked away.

The rest of the day Okabi was working on the articles. He published them and left behind a secure email address. The only think we could do now was wait.


The guys eat and rest, most of the day. There was nothing much to do after all. Though I was not the person that could simple wait. I told Okabi to notify me if he got anything new. Then i walked outside and got on my bike. I turned the engine on and before i left i watched Toka running out. She sat behind me on my bike. She was still pissed but she followed me. I didn't say anything. I just left with a cracked smile on my face. Every now and then I was smiling when Toka was around. Even if she was pissed, I liked to have her around.

"Where are you going?" she asked me as i was driving. But I didn't hear her. I just drove and drove for a long time. I didn't want to stay and just wait. But I wasn't really in the mood to go on searching anything. I just wanted to drive and rest for some time. I parked the bike next to a sushi shop. "Let's go eat something. I am really hungry." I said and walked into the shop. If Lala were around now she would make fun of me or she would admit i was going crazy. Toka followed me inside. We sat to a table next to the window. And ordered.

"You are really odd sometimes." Toka said as she tried not to gaze at me "Was the time now to go eat."

I gazed at her and smiled, even me felt oddly with my behavior these days. "We aren't here to eat. I wanted a date with you!" I said honestly. But it sounded more like a tease.

"A date?" Toka murmured. Her furious face brightened up and she blushed once again placing her hands against her checks to hide the blush.

I started to love it. Seeing Toka react like that. I knew things were serious. I knew we could be in danger in any moment. But i wanted these time to have these moment with her and me. I wanted to more and more. "Yes a date. Does that scare you?" I asked her still teasing her.

"Why would I be scared. It just odd. You want to have a date with me? Why?" she mumbled as she gazed down at the table with her face being redder than before. I smiled and pulled her hands away from her face. Then i laugh, i couldn't stop laughing. Toka's face was all red. I wanted to see it more red. Though the food was already served. I waited and didn't answer her. We ate, I enjoyed gazing at the red face. And only after we paid I gave her an answer.

"Yes i want a date with you. It's fun to have a date with you. We should do that again." i said watching at Toka's face becoming more red.

"Well you had your date lets go back now." she said and stood up. It seemed she was lost. She was not sure were to look or how to walk.

I stood also up and we both walked outside. "Don't tell me these is your first date?" i mocked her as we were walking towards the bike.

She paused and looked at me all red. She was looked so cute all red and blushed. "Yes... are you happy now it was my first date." she yelled at me.

I kept smiling. She was only making me liking her more. "So it was. Then I stole your first date." i made fun of her and then suddenly pulled her closer to me and hugged her. A deep wild hug. She remain there for a few minutes and pushed me away asking me what i was doing. "Stealing your first hug also" I again.

"Stopped that." she yelled "Let's go back. You are acting like a spoiled child."

And she was right. I never acted like that in my life. I felt like a rich kid that is acting so mean. But I loved that. I had fun and there was another kid with me. I mean kid that i found a way to make her melt. There was no way i would stop now. I grabbed her hand and made her turn around. Then I leaned closer to her and kissed her. I kissed her deeply and wildly. And she kissed me back. When i broke the kiss i only told her "I now stole your first kiss." Of course that got me slapped but it was worthy it. The confused, blushed Toka. I wanted to have more moments with her.

We drove back at her home she didn't say anything. She walked into her room and locked the door behind her. I slept at the living room with the rest. It was a small break from our reality. And i really like it. I was sure I also some how influenced Toka. Although I didn't know if it was in a good way or bad. But again for now i was just happy like a little kid. I got her fist date, her first hug and kiss. I closed my eyes feeling like peter pan in neverland.

((Next chapter))