Group assignment

Unit S
Please log in to read the full chapter

From: Do Kyungsoo [[email protected]]
To: Choi Seungcheol [[email protected]]
Subject: Hong Jisoo progress report

Hi,
I'm writing this on behalf of Luhan because, apparently, I have nothing better to do.
Anyway, Jisoo is doing okay so far, not great but for a beginner, he's showing potential.
- He can keep a conscious grasp on his ability for up to six seconds.
- While he's using his ability, he's able to freely use objects (as long as he doesn't think too hard about it). Those objects are not influenced by the slowed-down timeflow which makes them quite dangerous even for higher-level Beings.
- Currently he's still unable to exclude other living creatures from his ability but they're working on it.
Luhan thinks that Jisoo is ready to participate in assignments.
That's it.
D.O

 

~

 

Jisoo propped himself up on his arms, mind foggy and his body unbearably heavy. He blinked once, twice until his eyes fell on his torn shirt on the ground in the corner.

. He'd definitely kill that damn Being this time.

Without looking, he reached out and slapped the back of the unresponsive body next to him.

"You're too much, you ing ."

When no reaction came, he sighed, his expression tinged with helplessness, and prepared to get up.

An arm s around his bare waist and stopped him, the skin scorching hot. Jisoo's brows immediately furrowed but he didn't turn around. "Stop pretending to be asleep, bastard!"

"So grumpy so early in the morning," a husky voice mumbled.

The monk felt heat spread over his back when the Being draped himself over him. A kiss landed on his shoulder as soft hair tickled his cheek and Jisoo couldn't quite suppress the blush that warmed his face.

"One day you're going to get high blood pressure and then you'll die."

Pinching the arm that was wrapped around his waist, a grin stretched Jisoo's lips. "Are you jinxing me?" he joked but immediately jumped when hot air got blown into his ear in retaliation.

"I'm just saying that you gotta take care of that fragile human body of yours," the Being purred but the voice held a surprisingly serious undertone.

The monk rolled his eyes. Worrying about his health had become the favourite past-time of his friends as soon as he had gotten his first cold of the year; even Jihoon had visited to make sure that he wasn't actually dying. "Then leave that fragile human body of mine alone if you're so worried."

Another peck landed on his earlobe. "Sorry but nope. It's my favourite body after all."

"Selfish ." Jisoo chuckled while his blush spread. Even though it had been over a month, he still wasn't used to the sudden intimate attacks of the Being.

Playful laughter rang next to his ear. "That's me. Why were you angry?"

The monk scoffed, once again pinching the arm that still hadn't retreated, "Kwon Soonyoung, are you pretending to be clueless now? You ripped my shirt AND you kept me awake until 4. Unlike you, I need sleep to function; Seungcheol will eat me alive if I nod off during the meeting later."

"Eh, just ignore that grumpy old man," Soonyoung drawled, completely disregarding the matter of Jisoo's torn shirt and his general dissatisfaction with the Being's behaviour. Instead, he nuzzled against the monk's neck and trailed soft kisses from his shoulder to his ear.

Jisoo squirmed in his arms. "Stop that. The no-kissing rule still applies," he grumbled, his cheeks flushing brighter with each peck.

"No kissing on the lips," Soonyoung retorted cheekily but stopped nonetheless and only rested his chin on the monk's shoulder. "Wanna go out for breakfast?"

"Nah, I'm broke."

"Already?! It's barely been a week since we got paid!"

Jisoo remained silent under Soonyoung's incredulous stare.

His mother's medical fees were increasing with each passing month and since he wasn't doing any assignments, he had no extra money to spare. Maybe he should consider getting a second job? The monk's mood sank at the thought.

After a short pause, the fae sighed. "Fine, my treat then."

 

"...fourth incident in three weeks. The police is still searching for suspects and the motive behind the attacks that seem to indiscriminately target the lives of Humans and Beings alike. So far, 72 victims have..."

Jisoo's eyes left the television once Soonyoung placed a massive plate filled with breakfast goodies on the table. Eggs, toast, pancakes, bacon, waffles - the monk couldn't quite tell what else was hidden in the mountain of food. They were seated at the opened sliding glass door of a coffee shop, the warm summer breeze wafting through it carrying the smell of flowers and coffee.

"Wow. Do you have too much money or something?" he asked, eyeing the food Soonyoung had gathered at the buffet but the fae grinned and took a seat.

"Unlike you, I know how to save money so I'm allowed to splurge sometimes. And most of it is for you anyway."

Jisoo had a hard time not rolling his eyes. Soonyoung taking his 'energy' - as he called it - didn't harm him in the slightest (apart from when the Being was too persistent and wouldn't let him sleep); there was no need to spoil him afterwards. They were only hugging a little after all. In bed. Half-. With the lights out since Jisoo was still rather uncomfortable at the prospect of hugging a guy - but cuddles and attention were nice so by now he didn't decline anymore when Soonyoung showed up at his flat. Somehow, it just had turned out that way. Although, the Being had gotten a bit too daring recently, ripping his shirt and kissing his neck...

The monk hastily forced his thoughts in a different direction. His eyes once again fell on the television before he asked, "Did you see the news?"

Soonyoung looked up from the pancake he had been cutting into bite-sized pieces. "About the bombing?"

"Yeah. I wonder if the meeting today is related..." Jisoo mumbled and accepted the piece of pancake the fae was waving in front of his face.

Soonyoung ate one as well, seemingly unaware that he was using the same fork he had fed the monk with. "Why would it? They suspect human terrorists and the police is already involved; those attacks have nothing to do with Aegis."

The monk chewed thoughtfully, eyes not leaving the screen that showed destroyed shops and a massive crater in one of Myeongdong's main shopping streets. "Yeah, you're probably right."

 

"To what do I owe the honour?" Jisoo asked after he had somewhat recovered from the surprise of finding Jihoon seated at his desk in the archive.

"I'm accompanying Chan. There's no way I'd visit this place out of my own free will," the shapeshifter grumbled but his smile betrayed his biting words.

As if on cue, Chan poked his head out from between the shelves, several folders in his arms, and nod

Please log in to read the full chapter