That Day That Changes Life

So I Married The President?!


That Day That Changes Life



 

“Xiumin hyung!!! Please exchange with me!”

Xiumin glared at the younger man holding his arm as if his life depended on it. The Math teacher no taller than Baekhyun peeked at Baekhyun’s schedule sat at his desk and sighed, he now understood why.

“No, Baek. We can’t exchange teaching schedule! Even if I can, I don’t want to.”

“Hyuuuuungggg.” Baekhyun looked up at Xiumin with the most pitiest look he could muster. With the kicked and teary puppy eyes that usually was able to move this softest hyung of his. This time though, it wasn’t working.

“Stop giving me that look!” he covered Baekhyun’s pleading eyes with Math book, shaking his head.

“It’s just gonna be two hours. Good luck, Baekhyunee!”

And before Baekhyun could hug him in the legs and begged some more, the old-fashioned Math teacher hurriedly walked out of the teachers office.

Baekhyun slumped on his chair, defeated. It took everything in him to finally stand up and collect his English text book. Glancing one last time at the schedule on his desk, he was making sure that he was to teach class 3-7. That class. That ing class.

Between teachers, there were popular classes. Class 3-1 and 2-2 where the classes with most behaved and top scorer students. Everyone loved to teach the quiet, smart and polite students in these classes. Class 3-7 though, sweats, was the opposite. It was where the class skippers, the heavy sleepers, the noise makers and students who came to school for any intention but to study placed in one room.

Seven years back then, when Baekhyun just started his career as a teacher, he was idealistic just like any other fresh graduated teacher. Wanting to make all his students smart and good, expecting them to listen to his every word and coo after him like baby ducklings to their mother duck. But no. Life said no no no no as it slapped Baekhyun with reality, right in his pretty face.

If one thought being student was so hard, with all the assignments from the teachers and force yourself to stay awake at the lessons you don’t like… well, they must try to become a teacher, thinking of suitable assignments, grading them, and tried hard to make the lesson understandable for students who didn’t even interested to study in the first place.

It was hard. It was just so hard.

And Baekhyun just hated the life he was currently living.

 

***

 

Baekhyun thought this was his unfortunate day. Well, everyday was his unfortunate day these days as he turn older and older without something big to achieve, without even something as basic as getting a boyfriend that he could achieve. But today was worse than any other day.

First of all, he had his 898148731227th failed blind date the other day, come home to another rant from his mother that neighbors already started gossiping loudly about him getting old and still unmarried. Another day passed and Baekhyun wondered why he was still breathing, and now was walking to the class he hated the most.

Standing in front of the class 3-7, he held the doorknob and mentally prepared himself. But maybe a full minute consisted mostly with praying wasn’t enough. It didn’t prepare him enough for what was waiting behind the door as he swayed it open and soon, powders were in the air, stabbing his nostrils,

“Cough… what the f— cough. WHAT IS THIS?!!” He couldn’t help but screaming on the top of his lungs. It wasn’t like he had other choice.

Fanning the white fog of powder away, Baekhyun glared at his students one by one, who didn’t even sit on their seats nor listened to his wrath.

“Sicheng spilled my powder, Teacher Byun!!!” Heejin, the kid with ponytail and blue ribbon on it screamed.

“No! I didn’t!!!”

“You did! You wanted to put it on Haechan!!!”

“I didn’t!!!”

“You used my lip tint too!”

“My precious face!!!”

“SHUT UP!!!”

Bang! Baekhyun slapped the teacher desk so hard it turned everyone on mute. He inwardly cried because…. Man, it’s ing hurt!

“All of you! Go back to your seat! And Mark, do not sit on Taeyong’s lap!!!” For God’s sake! He cursed at the end of his sentence, under his breathe.

Panting, Baekhyun grabbed for the mineral water he brought with him and drank as he sat down on his chair. The lesson hadn’t even started yet and he was already this exhausted. Seriously.

 

***

 

“Taeyong is eating Haechan’s banana. Anyone knows what tense we are using in this sentence?” Baekhyun looked back at his students, hopeful to see one student answering or two.

“Taeyong is eating Haechan’s banana, wow!!!” Felix, the transferred student from Australia laughed. “Is the banana good, Taeyong-ah?”

Baekhyun flushed red, he was old and single, didn’t mean he didn’t know some ert saying. Quickly, he erased the word banana and changed it with apple. “Okay so, Taeyong is eating Haechan’s apple. What kind of tenses is this???”

Silence.

Baekhyun waited for one minute for a simple answer. Then two minutes. And then everyone seemed to be busy in their own. Heejin and Yerim were gossiping at the back, so did Yuqi and Wonyoung. Mark was scrambling something on his notebook that seem didn’t have anything to do with the lesson. Johnny pretended to be deaf. And the rest, well, were sleeping.

“Sicheng!” He called out that Chinese student with a headband who was currently snoring loudly. “DONG SI CHENG!!!”

“You wanna fight?!” The one called quickly sat up straight and kicked Haechan’s chair in front of him, thinking it was the boy disturbing his sleep. But as his sense started coming back to life, Baekhyun already stood before his desk.

“Dong Sicheng, isTaeyong eating Haechan’s apple?” Baekhyun asked in English, calmly, or tried to.

“Huh? What?” Learning Korean was already hard for the poor boy, and what alien language his teacher was actually saying?

Just his luck, Johnny seemed to be nice enough today to whispered him the translated question. “Teacher asked if you Taeyong is eating Haechan’s banana-umm apple.”

Still confused, and too quick to make assumption, Sicheng quickly turned to Taeyong with question in his eyes. “Did you eat it?”

That made everyone in the room laughed. Well, everyone but Baekhyun who balled his fist and did his best to convince himself that beating up his students could cause him to stay in jail for another year and two. And by the time he would be released, he would still be single, and jobless. How terrible.

Baekhyun shivered. Busy with the thought, he was late to realize the common noise outside. Until few students ran to the window and stuck their head outside to see what was going on, followed by other students, then half of the class, then everyone in the room.

“What’s that?”

“What’s going on?”

“Shushh I saw luxury black cars!!!”

“Eh, isn’t it President?!”

“Seriously?!!!”

“I saw him! I saw him!”

Baekhyun was left gaping, a deep frown etched on his forehead.

President? Just… what the a president would do here?!

 

***

 

A/N: This is so random I know. I’m actually just sharing the stress of my life here lmao. Peace! Thank you for all the subs, votes and comments! I’m sorry the story and me are such a nob.