Creepy Blind Date

So I Married The President?!


Creepy Blind Date



 

Bad idea. Deep inside, Baekhyun knew this was bad idea. From the sudden uncomfortable churn in his stomach, to the cold sweat he broke, all telling him that he made a wrong decision and should just go home now to spend his weekend to do something more important, like watching drama, or sleep all the rest of the day.

Luhan’s idea to join a blind date like this was terrible in the first place, he questioned why did he agree again? As if his mother’s effort to sign him in this blind date and that blind date didn’t teach him enough lessons. It wouldn’t work, it was never. It was either his blind date would be too far below his standard, or they were okay, but he was below their standards. Either way, it never worked. So what made him think it would, this time?

Shiver ran through his spine as he recalled the event from two days ago. His blind date was not exactly an eyesore, but he wasn’t something Baekhyun would like to look at for a long time either. But it was not a problem anymore since he was nearing his thirty. Every year, Baekhyun criteria of ideal type would dwindle one by one, from the look, the height, the brain and wealth and every detail silly young people would dream of. When he was nineteen, pretty and ready to conquer the world, he wanted to marry someone tall, handsome, rich, got nice abs, romantic, can play guitar, can sing, can speak other languages, and actually looked like EXO member. Now, all he wanted was just a partner, who he could live with without so much troubles and pressures anymore. But even to find such man was hard.

So the face didn’t matter much, so did his barely pass Baekhyun’s height. But his habit of munching loudly while eating, or his bad taste of music and his hatred for the Kpop group Baekhyun held so much passion to fanboy about, Baekhyun immediately knew then and there that no, he would rather be single all his life rather than being with that person one more day. That was said, he hastily ended the date as soon as they finished their meals, refusing to go on a movie date he was offered with barely sensible excuse.

“I’m sorry…,” Baekhyun choked in his own fake tears. “My grandmother… my grandmother just passed away I need to go.”

“Huh? But… your mother said your grandmother had passé away when you’re still a baby?”

“I mean my cat’s grandmother hahaha I need to go.”

Looking across the table, to the still empty seat before him, Baekhyun sipped back his coffee. Fixed. His plan was to finish the coffee, pay for it, and leave. He would make excuse to his blind date later, but right now, he had a bad feeling about it. He would just go.

Too late. Just when he was about to stand up, someone appeared before his eyes. A tall figure, lean and built inside his expensive black suit. And that face, the face that looked as if he was just jumped out of a Kdrama in the TV.

Baekhyun’s mouth gaped. This person couldn’t be… his blind date partner, right? He was way too perfect for it.

“Mr. Byun Baekhyun?”

“Yeah…,” after a moment of silence and blank mind, Baekhyun finally nodded. “You are… Shim Changmin?”

“That’s true. I’m sorry for being late, but… pleased to meet you.”

“Oh, no… Don’t worry. It’s nice to see you as well.”

The man seated himself on the empty seat across Baekhyun and it was all the smaller man could do not to openly gaping at how formal and luxurious he seemed, compared to all of his previous blind date partner. Could it be… that this person was going to be his other half?

“Okay let’s make this short, Mr. Byun. You’re working at Nongdam High School, correct?”

“C-correct…. But how do you know?”

“You are graduated from Inha University, majoring at English?”

“Y-Yes?”

“How many of family members you have?”

“Why do you… Err four.”

“Who are they?”

The frown on Baekhyun’s eyebrows got bigger. Eventhough they were the questions that some people asked during blind dates, why do he felt like being interrogated instead?

“Just my mother, father, and a younger brother. What about you, though?” He finally asked, trying to stir the conversation into the enjoyable one.

It didn’t work, however. “What’s your father’s name?”

“What?”

“…. It’s a Byun, right? There were not that much of Byun in this country. What was your grandfather’s job?”

So random… just what the this stranger wanted of him. Why was he so creepy?

 

 

***

 

“HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Baekhyun swore, if Luhan wasn’t two years older than he was, and pregnant, he would have smacked the male with the thick history book in his table.

How could he laugh over the miserable blind date Baekhyun had gone through? He whined inside.

“Okay okay, I’m sorry,” the latter stopped laughing, or tried to at least, as he covered his mouth to prevent himself getting murdered by Baekhyun’s glance. “So, what happened then?”

“I left him. He was so weird, no wonder no one wanted to date him, anyway.” He casually shrugged it off.  Luhan didn’t need to know that he was bleeding inside, because damn, he was not getting any younger and yet his future getting more and more darker ahead as it seemed.

Sighing, lips curling down, Baekhyun collected his English books to check his schedule on the next class. As if his day couldn’t get any worse, his next class was the class all teachers fell worried about, where all the rebels and rascals being grouped and called it hell, their hell. I swear to God! Just kill me already!

“Don’t worry Baek,” Luhan chirped in again while happily munching his apple. “Who knows your other half actually is that person?” with his chin, the pretty male pointed at the television envisioning a certain man.

He was not a general man. So much aura he held, with his expensive black suit, slicked back hair, furrowed eyebrows full of thoughts, and his eyes, his dark eyes that screamed dominance. He was the first man in the country. He was the young President people (especially woman) loved, Park Chanyeol. The man currently was holding a press conference and being interviewed about his new rule to increase the tax from the elites to help the economy for poor. Actually, Baekhyun didn’t know much about politic so whatever.

“Baby,” Luhan put his palm atop his slightly swollen belly. “Be like him, okay? Be like Park Chanyeol, not like Uncle Baekhyun.”

“Yaaahhh!!! Anyway why everyone is so crazy about him anyway,” Baekhyun frowned. The President was all he once ever dreamed for. But he was almost thirty now and he didn’t believe in fairy tale no more. That man was a mere dream. “If I ever were to marry him, I’m gonna come to school in skirt and dance to Twice’s TT in front of all students.”

 

***