The President

So I Married The President?!


The President



 

The meeting with his newly made ministries, giving speech, vision and mission he expected to see from them was already exhausting. Adding the pressing of media who had been waiting outside wanting to ask him questions was mind-numbing.

With the help of his Presidential Security Service team, also called PSS, Chanyeol answered few question nicely before being tucked safely into his car. He loosened the tight knot of his tie as soon as he was in the car with his personal assistant. Through the tinted bullet-proof glass, he could see other cars of PSS around him, at least there are four of them on each his side; left, right, front and back, making sure he was safe. They rode in a parade; the street was emptied just for them to pass, like always. It was grant, but also complicated, tiring.

Hell, before the election— nope, even before he accepted the offer of one of the strongest political party in South Korea to join the election as new president with their support, he knew the consequences. Leading a big company and some business, also two years in politic, Chanyeol wasn’t exactly a newbie. He knew he had it in him to lead the country and its people, his people. He enjoyed some, and felt responsible for the rest. In his opinion, Korean development was sort of static by the hand of the old president. Chanyeol wanted to change that. He was skilled with speeches that made people stand in ovation, smart, young, and no deniable, his good look was one of element that derived him the seat he was sitting now, the President of South Korea.

But sometimes, he had to admit that it’s exhausting. His works were never enough, there were always stuffs here and there to be handled, a problem here and there to popped up, mouths to feed and all. He tried his best. Yet, he could never please everyone. During months of his early rule, despite the praises, he got also criticisms everywhere.

One of them just threw by the press. Again.

Are you planning to get married? Why aren’t you getting married yet? How come a president of Korea isn’t married?!

He was well half a year passed his twenty nine now, a young age to become a president (one of the youngest in world history, referred to the famous business magazine, Forbes) but old enough to stay single. It was a torture, every time someone asked when he would get himself a family. And now, not only his mother demanding for him to get married, but the whole Korea too. Fifty millions of them all!

And as if it wasn’t enough, his personal assistant reminds him in the most nonchalant expression, happily rubbing salt to his wound.

“You should consider getting married soon, Sir. This country needs its first lady as well to be the hostess of the Blue House.”

Chanyeol glared at him.

“You can be the hostess of the Blue House.”

“I’m sorry, Sir. But I’m not your wife.”

Massaging the bridge of his nose, Chanyeol groaned. “My head is already full of the administration staffs and my people. I don’t have another room for marriage.”

His personal assistant seemed not to care as he happily chirped, as if just remembering something he had tried to recall for the past two hours. Well, it was exactly that. “Do you remember your grandfather’s last wish?”

At that, Chanyeol straightened his seat. Junmyeon was not only his trusted assistant, but a family as well. He was there when his grandfather was dying in his sickbed and told Chanyeol his last wish.

 The wish that for long years, had been forgotten.

“You are to marry his bestfriend’s grandkid. “

Forgotten and maybe purposely forgotten.

“The hell! I don’t even know who is his bestfriend, let alone his grandkid! How am I supposed to marry that kid?!”

It’s bull. He loved his grandpa so but his wish was a little too much, he even went further to hold half of Chanyeol’s legacy until he marry the kid. Not that it mind anymore since Chanyeol had already a handful of his own wealth. He could pretend he never found his supposed to be partner and be single all his life. His grandfather couldn’t protest from heaven.

But Junmyeon nonchalantly crushed his dream.

“I’ll be looking for the kid for you!” he says proudly. “I will look for in everyone’s profile. I’ll even search for the kid in the rats hole if I must!”

Chanyeol mentally facepalmed.

 



A/N: Yo why you guys upvotes subs and comments ;; I mean I love it but I didnt even expect anything from this story uwu
I probably gonna make it random drabble-size update