Murphy's Law

Sun and Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon and Eunbi agreed to meet up in a café for their weekend date. Eunbi arrived too early and she messaged Chaeyeon that she was already there. Chaeyeon rushed to the said café because she doesn’t want her princess to wait. A few minutes passed and Chaeyeon finally went inside.


“Sorry,” Chaeyeon said as she approached Eunbi and kissed the crown of the older girl’s head. The gesture made Eunbi blush a little.


“I was too excited that I arrived an hour before the time,” Eunbi chuckled which caused Chaeyeon’s lips to curve into a wider smile.


“You really missed me, I guess,” Chaeyeon teased.


“I really did,” Eunbi looked into Chaeyeon’s eyes and this caught the latter by surprise.


Silence fell upon them until they both cracked up. They were always like this. The laughed until the oxygen in their lungs almost got drained out. They ordered their food and Eunbi stared at Chaeyeon like she was waiting for the younger girl to say something. Chaeyeon looked at her, dumbfounded, and raised her eyebrow to ask what was wrong. Eunbi then sighed before shaking her head.


“Hey,” Chaeyeon called out but Eunbi didn’t respond; instead, the older girl took her phone out and started tapping on it. The younger girl’s eyebrows met to think of what could have happened that made Eunbi upset. When she finally realized, she chuckled but Eunbi shot her a glare so she immediately kept shut.


Chaeyeon stood a little—just enough to stretch her arms to reach for Eunbi’s face—and pinched the older girl’s cheeks. Eunbi then kicked Chaeyeon softly from under the table. Chaeyeon sat down, “Happy birthday, moonlight,” the younger girl smiled and Eunbi’s expressions started to soften.


“I thought you forgot,”


“I told you I didn’t,” Chaeyeon grinned and Eunbi smiled back at her. Despite having been greeted for her birthday, it seems like Eunbi’s mood was still off. Chaeyeon tried her best to act like she’s clueless.


Their food arrived and they were quiet. Eunbi didn’t strike a conversation; neither did Chaeyeon. Silence continued to ensue until their plates were clean. Chaeyeon stared at Eunbi and the latter noticed it, “Do I have something on my face?” she asked and grabbed the napkin to wipe the corners of . Chaeyeon said nothing and stood up. She grabbed Eunbi’s hand and dragged her until they got out of the café.


Eunbi was confused. As the door closed behind them, Chaeyeon intertwined their fingers and continued to walk. Eunbi followed as she looked at their hands.


“Is anything wrong?” Eunbi asked because Chaeyeon started acting strange.


The younger girl pretended not to hear what Eunbi said until they finally reached the park by the Han River. Chaeyeon sat down and Eunbi sighed before following suit.


Eunbi looked down and she wanted to play with her fingers but Chaeyeon has her other hand; she let out another sigh.


By this time, Chaeyeon looked at her, “Are you tired?” the younger girl asked full of concern. Eunbi quickly shook her head, “Nope. I never get tired whenever I’m with you. It’s like you’re my never ending supply of energy,” she answered and Chaeyeon felt her cheeks burning. “You didn’t have to compliment me. Now I’m on panic,” Chaeyeon joked and Eunbi cracked up.


They chatted for a while after that until Chaeyeon looked at her watch. She smiles, “It’s time,” Eunbi turned to her to ask but Chaeyeon only pointed in front of them. As soon as Eunbi looked to their front, the sky lit up with different bright colors. Her eyes shone as the sparks traveled across the sky.


Chaeyeon let go of Eunbi’s hand. She moved closer and wrapped her arm around the older girl’s waist. Eunbi leaned her head on Chaeyeon’s chest; biting her lower lip to keep herself from crying. Chaeyeon kissed Eunbi’s head before resting her own head on it. The pyro show lasted for a few minutes and Eunbi found it hard to hold her tears back—but she managed to.


Before Eunbi could talk, Chaeyeon cupped the older girl’s face, “One month of you being mine and me being yours is the best thing in my life. I’m grateful that you’re always there for me even though I tried to shut you off when I had my worst days. We both had our fair share of ups and downs and I’m happy that we didn’t let those sway us. Eunbi, you’re one of the best people in my life. You gave me a reason to live when I felt like a walking corpse. You were the person who reminded me that it’s okay not to be okay. You were the person who saw through me when everyone else believed my disguise. Let’s stay like this until the end of the world. Happy birthday, Eunbi. Thank you for not giving up. This is just the start for the two of us but I know there are more months and years that we'll spend together. I love you,” Chaeyeon said and Eunbi couldn’t keep her tears in any longer. She started crying and Chaeyeon smiled before tilting her head and slowly closing the gap between their faces.


Eunbi closed her eyes as she continued to cry. Chaeyeon stopped moving closer the moment she felt Eunbi’s breath. It was like they were exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter