Rage at it's finest

Time is one Enemy, but so are you

Joshua got out of the car, signaling for the driver to go and park. He walked to the entrance, a small smile on his lips as he saw the long line of people trying to get into The Vortex. The club was his pride and joy. His first project from his mother; he brought this club from nothing to one of the busiest clubs in the area.

“Sir,” Jun started to say.

Joshua held his hand up. “Don’t. I’ll do what I want.” He walked towards the bouncer. A newbie from the looks of it.

“At least don’t leave our sight,” Soonyoung said.

“As long as you’re not putting yourself in danger,” Jun reminded.

Internally, Joshua still felt enraged. He said nothing beyond letting them flank him.

“You can’t cut to the front of the line,” the bouncer grunted.

The newbie didn’t recognize him. There would be hell to pay. Clearly, Joshua had been away too long from his baby. He gave the idiot a cold smile. “Don’t you know who I am?”

“Am I supposed to know every pretty boy out there?”

His temper flared even more. Hand going out, Joshua yanked on the newbie’s tie. He staggered; Joshua pulled him down roughly to eye level. Going by the frightened look in his eyes, Joshua’s own eyes were glowing that inhuman blood red color. “I’m the one who signs your checks,” he snarled. “You’re only getting paid because I allow it. This won’t be your job any longer if don’t learn who the is your superior.”

“Joshua,” Soonyoung said. “Henry is coming.”

Fangs flashing, Joshua pushed the bouncer back, straight into the door.

“Sir,” he panted. “Wh-what are,” he huffed, out of breath.

“We’re going to have a long talk, you and I,” Joshua said, fangs not receding at all. He was furious. “About how little you teach the new employees, and what you’re letting into my club.” Staring Henry down, he purred dangerously. “Should you not have satisfactory answers. You’ll be lucky to leave with your life.”

Henry gulped.


“Sir,” he said. His voice barely quivered.

Joshua would give him some credit. He sounded calm almost. Too bad Joshua could smell his fear. “This is the first time I come my favorite club and I’m not recognized. I’m told to not cut in line and then told off.” Joshua tried to rein in his temper. The low lights started to flicker. “What are you doing Henry? Was it a mistake to promote you to head manager of the Vortex? Clearly you’re not doing your job.”

“Joshua, sir—”

Joshua cut him off, using his telekinesis to slam Henry against the wall. Growling, “What sort of head manager lets in another clan’s vampire into territory that isn’t theirs? The clan heir even.” He tightened his hold, choking him. “Tell me Henry. What sort.”

“One that’s not doing his job. Maybe even taking some money under the table,” Soonyoung said, humming while looking at his phone. He likely received new information from other loyal employees.

“A dead one,” Jun offered.

Smirking, Joshua nodded. “What a good idea Jun.”

Henry struggled against the wall; his pleas being cut off as Joshua tightened his hold.

Joshua sneered, throwing him on the ground. “Have someone take care of him.”

“Of course, sir.”

“Now let’s find the little stowaway.”


Joshua watched as Soonyoung talked to the waiter who held a tray of things that Jihoon and whoever he holed up with ordered.

The club didn’t allow overnight stays despite the private rooms. Joshua was the only one who ever stayed over night and that was back in the days when he was busy partying and being ‘young’. The wait staff informed Joshua that Jihoon came in during the nights, under a different name. A Lee Chan. It was a rather boring name, if one didn’t know that Lee Chan was Jihoon’s childe. Jihoon turned the boy himself.

Joshua gnashed his teeth, his fangs elongated. ing little upstarts trying to run away and hide in places that didn’t belong to them.

Soonyoung bade the waiter to knock on the door. “Your order is here sir.”

The door started to open, “Thank yo—”

Normally, Joshua would’ve let his bodyguards handle the first part. The whole barging into the room thing. But not tonight. He barely had a hold on his anger right now.

Joshua slammed the door open, his anger intensifying his powers. He heard a grunt and a yell. Soonyoung and Jun stormed the room, weapons and fangs out.

Jun grabbed Jihoon’s childe, holding him tightly bound.

“Lee Jihoon,” Joshua snarled, flinging him back into the couch, holding him there. “You got some ing nerve to hide here.”

He looked haggard. No visible wounds but tired. He growled weakly at Joshua; he tried to struggle. But Joshua’s powers were well honed and some of the most useful ones of all the vampire clans.

“I suggest you tell me why you’re here unless you want to die now,” Joshua said darkly, his eyes bleeding red.