Left in the Dark

Time is one Enemy, but so are you

“,” Jeonghan said, kicking at the wall. He winced a bit as he felt his throb. He was still hard as hell. That vampire was ing pretty and he worked Jeonghan up to hell and back. If Jeonghan wasn’t on a mission and if he wasn’t a vampire, Jeonghan would’ve tried to get into his pants and into him. Damn it all.

He nearly jumped as his phone started to ring. Fumbling, he dug it out. “Hello?”

“Where are you?!”

Jeonghan moved the phone away from his ear. “In the alley way of the club. Let’s go. I didn’t get much.”

“Got it,” Seungkwan said.

Jeonghan wanted to wither into the ground but he had to go home and report still. Hopefully, his hard on would die by then. It would be too much to stand in his dad’s office and tell him what he managed to find while his was making its presence known.

“Hyung,” Seungkwan whined. “Where did you go?”

“I was talking to someone,” he said gruffly. More like he was shoving his tongue down that vampire’s throat and groping him six ways to Sunday. Then he got threatened and was given a scolding.

“Find out anything good?”

Seungkwan came to the Yoon clan due to his own being small and ill equipped to train someone at his age. They had their hands full as it was. As a good will gesture, Jeonghan’s father allowed him to be situated in their family, a bit like fostering.

Jeonghan didn’t mind. Seungkwan was bright and clever. They got along well. But right now Jeonghan didn’t want to explain that he still felt the urge to bury his throbbing in that pretty vampire.

“Some pieces of gossip that might be good if we pursue it.” He sighed, pushing his hair back. “Some other night though. If we stay out here too long someone might want to test the contract of neutral territory.”

“I didn’t manage to find out anything,” Seungkwan said, shaking his head as he followed Jeonghan out of the alley. “

“It’s fine,” he replied, patting Seungkwan on the back. “It’s only the first day. We have time.”


“Yo,” Vernon greeted as Joshua strolled into their shared apartment.

Apartment was talking lightly, especially when it boasted six rooms alone for sleeping, the living room, an office, and copious other things. It was more like a damn house in a building. But when you were the clan head that held the center of Gangnam and the whole of Hongdae money wasn’t an issue. Problem was that Joshua was just super ing busy.

“The Chois,” Joshua said, “what do you know about what the they did? The power in Gangnam changed hands and while I didn’t let it concern me since it didn’t touch clan territory or those around us I know they grabbed places that were out of their reach before.”

“What?”

Joshua narrowed his eyes at Vernon’s surprised face. “You’re friends with some of them. Tell me what you know.”

“Whoa. I thought you weren’t interested,” Vernon said.

“I wasn’t,” Joshua replied, going to the kitchen. “But when hunters are sniffing around asking questions it means there’s more to this than I thought. They may pose a threat one day and I refuse to be overrun by those god damn wannabes.”

“They didn’t tell me anything much. Besides drop a few things here and there before it went down. They bragged though.”

Taking a long swig of the blood juice he always made sure he stocked, Joshua snorted. “Typical of them. The reports said they only managed to grab hold of the a few of the outskirts of Gangnam but that baby hunter mentioned something about half of Gangnam.”

“They managed to take control of the outskirts as the reports said. They have the areas that the Lee clan used to hold.”

Joshua narrowed his eyes. The Lee’s held a small area, but they held onto it with everything they had. To lose it to upstarts. It meant more than just regular clan wars. Bringing back the niggling suspicion that there was something incredibly wrong happening. “The outskirts only correct?”

Vernon nodded. “Yup. Just those parts. But it’s enough to have them in ecstasy. And what baby hunter?”

“Some baby hunter,” Joshua murmured, thinking about what about Vernon told him. “He was young and asking questions that I dismissed.” He whipped his head to Vernon, “What exactly did they brag about? The friends you have from that clan.”

“A weapon,” he said. “They didn’t mention names or anything about it besides that it was a weapon.”

Joshua cursed. “.” He grabbed his phone, tapping away, sending texts to the right people. And one phone call. “Hello? I need you to find things out for me. I’ll pay double my regular rate.”


“How was it?” He folded his hands together, looking up at Jeonghan from his desk.

“It was helpful sir,” Jeonghan said, holding his hands together behind his back.

He gave Jeonghan a small smile. “What did you find out?”

“A possible lead.” Best to keep it short and truthful. If Jeonghan let out that he was too wrapped up in a vampire and the way his body felt against his, he’d be dead meat.

“No injuries?”

“None whatsoever.” Just his pride. And his neglected .

“Good job. I’m proud of you Jeonghan. You didn’t let anything happen to you or Seungkwan and you didn’t cause any trouble in neutral territory.”

Bowing, Jeonghan fought to make sure he didn’t blush. “Thank you, clan leader.”

“You’re dismissed. Go find out more. It’s never anything good when there is a huge upset in the way the territories change between the vampire clans. We don’t want them turning more humans.”

Quickly, Jeonghan left. He’d have to find that vampire again. it was a mistake to specifically go after that vampire, but Jeonghan felt it in his gut that he was important. Right now though, Jeonghan had to go to his room and get himself off. Damn hot vampire.