Ahjumma

1000
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Black Sesame ice cream tasted like vanilla with a hint of a ‘surprising’ black sesame flavour. I didn’t know what to expect. Really.

 

 

I scooped another small amount of ice cream and savoured the bite. It was perfect for the summer heat. It gets humid once in a while but it’s fine. As long as this ajhumma still sells her super popular black sesame Ice cream, I’ll still live.

 

 

Ajhumma’s ice cream store isn’t one of those flashy ’instagrammable’ shops. It’s quite old fashioned with a few tables. There’s even a small pinball machine outside but I doubt it still works.

 

 

One look and you would think of a ‘dagashiya’ those Japanese candy stores, since it’s all wood and the ajhumma tending the store had been living for a very long time. 70 years, I think.

 

 

With the daily queue, you would expect the small business would have a franchise all over Korea by now. I did ask ajhumma about it and she just replied,

 

 

“Do you think I have time to grind so much black sesame?”

 

 

It was a funny enough for me to chuckle at her reply but I knew she was serious. Well, grinding seeds really needed a lot of work. And with her old body you’d wonder why she doesn’t want to expand her business.

 

 

I visit the shop every day because I was addicted to the certain soft-served treat. I cannot go home if one of my hands isn’t holding a cone of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter