The First Day of Kindergarten

One Big Happy EXO Family?

It’s a peaceful early August morning. The sun is rising, the morning joggers are getting some exercise to start their day, and it’s nice and silent. Silent enough for everyone and anything else to be sound fast asleep. Until…

*Ring Ring *

Well, that’s one annoying way to wake up at a little over 6 in the morning.

‘Dammit, who the hell would be up to call this early?’

“What the hell?” Yifan ends up asking, in which Joonmyeon shrugs tiredly, seeing the caller id, for who is the dead man who disturbs this peaceful morning.

“HAPPY FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN, HYUNG,” Baekhyun yells in the phone.

“It’s Baekhyun that's calling. Of course,” Joonmyeon sighs. “How are you this hyper already? And why in the flying hell did you wake us up to tell us this?”

“I’m so excited about this.”

“And your point is?”

Joonmyeon could feel the pout on the other line. “Why aren’t you excited for today, hyung?”

“Hum… maybe because you woke me and my husband up at 6 IN THE DAMN MORNING.”

“Someone is grumpy this morning.” Joonmyeon can’t help but give the phone a grumpy look.

“Anyway, hyung. Is Zitao ready for today?”

“Probably not. Especially when you like to wake people up. Did you wake up anyone else besides Yifan and me?”

“…”

“Park-Byun Baekhyun.”

“Yes, I did. Jongdae was whining because of his ‘beauty sleep’, a grouchy unicorn, but Minseok got grumpier than Yifan probably is.” Joonmyeon makes eye contact with Yifan.

“That’s an understatement. Your loud voice probably woke up Chanyeol AND Kyungsoo, I’m guessing?”

“…Yes. Kyungsoo was whining nonstop until Chanyeol finally went to his room. Luhan did end up cussing me out and adding threats if I pulled this stunt every occasion like this.”

“I think that Yifan is about to do that any second now.”

“I’m sorry Joon, but I need to hang up. I must see my baby.” With that, Baekhyun hung up.

“What the hell is wrong with that man?” Yifan grits through his teeth.

“I wonder that every day,” Joonmyeon says tiredly. He looks at the clock. “Might as well get ready since we were rudely woken up before your damn alarm.”

“Could we stay in bed, first? I don’t think that Zitao wants to wake up this early yet.”

“I agree.”

Meanwhile…

“Stupid Park Baekhyun, Stupid Park Baekhyun, Stupid Park Baekhyun,” Jongdae whines in repeat. Since he’s been woken up by a certain friend of his, Jongdae gets the bathroom to get ready for his day.

“Calm down, Jongdae. That hyper idiot will get his karma.” Yixing tries to soothe him.

“Could I kill him now?”

Yixing can’t help but roll his eyes.

“No killing. We are used to his shenanigans, aren’t we?” Yixing wraps his arms around Jongdae, kissing his cheek. “Now, stop stressing. At least that we are able to drink our coffee in peace until we must wake up our little monster…” Another peck, this time on the lips. “Alright?”

“…What did I deserve to have you?”

“We did get married and have our little Nini.”

“I love you, XingXing.”

“I love you too, Dae.”

“Now, let’s get the prementioned coffee.” Jongdae gets out of Yixing’s grip and goes to the kitchen, Yixing chuckles and follows suit.

As Baekhyun said, Minseok is the grouchiest about Baekhyun’s 6 am‘ wake-up call’.

“Leave it to Baekhyun to ruin a great dream, along with my cuddles and sleep with my husband,” Minseok says in a pissed off manner. Luhan might have to agree.

“Remind me again why we are friends with him?” Luhan asks.

“I don’t even know anymore.”

“Want to go back to sleep, Minnie?”

Minseok shakes his angry head.“No. Baekhyun woke me up completely with his loud voice.”

“He’s just excited. That’s all.”

“At 6 in the damn morning?” 

“He’s Baekhyun. We never know what's going on in that head of his.”

“If he does that again, he’ll face my physical wrath.”

"Minseok."  


"HAVE A GREAT DAY OF SCHOOL, KYUNG-IE. WE LOVE YOU," Baekhyun yells in excitement as Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, running to his teacher, bowing in the process.

"I'm so proud of him. He didn't even whine when I set him down."

"He is grumpy since his appa woke him and his other up, though." Chanyeol comments. Baekhyun looks at him, guilt was written on his face.

"I sais that I was sorry, yeobo. I'm just excited."

"Excited enough to wake your friends, along with their spouses up?" Yixing asks as he and Jongdae up walking behind them, face full of amusement. Jongdae sets down little Jongin, who in which runs to Kyungsoo.

"How cute," Jongdae says.

"Hey, beagles and Yixing," Luhan comments, Sehun in his arms.

"That's not very nice," Chanyeol comments.

"Yeah, whatever," Luhan says.

"Where's Minseok?" Yixing asks.

"I figured that it'll be better if he stays home, for Baekhyun's to not be kicked, even though he deserves it," Luhan answers. Baekhyun gasps, offended. 

"Makes sense."

"OK, Sehun. Baba and Appa will miss you. See you when you get done," Luhan says as he tries to set Sehun down, who won't let go of Luhan's neck. The said man sighs.

"Now it's not the time for you to be stubborn, baby.." 

Sehun won't budge, so Luhan sighs again.

"Do you want Baba to carry you to your class?" 

Sehun nods. Luhan sighs in defeat.

"Ok. Let's get to Kyungsoo and Jongin. They are waiting....wait" Luhan pauses. "Where's Zitao?" 

"Probably having a nervous breakdown in the car." Jongdae jokes.

"Something like that," A voice suddenly says, it turns out to be Yifan, Zitao in his own arms.

"This might be interesting," Chanyeol jokes.

"Shut it." Yifan hisses. "If you going to ask, Joonmyeon is at the house. He's grumpy."

"Wow, you read my mind," Baekyun comments.

"Knowing you, you might ask," Yifan comments and checks his watch. "We need to go to work. Zitao, Baba has to..." Zitao whines, holding Yifan's kneck tighter.

"Zitao, you must go to class. You're excited to meet new friends and seeing your play buddies, aren't you, buddy?

"NO BABA!" Zitao whines, thus having Yifan sighs.

"And you wonder why I recommend we go early." Chanyeol comments tp Baekhyun.

"TAOTAO," Kyungsoo yells.

"See look, baby boy." Yifan coos. " You'll have fun with your teacher. And Kyungsoo will be here. And Jongin. And Sehun..."

"Hunnie?" Zitao sniffs.

'This might work,' Yifan thought. 

"Yes, Sehun." Yifan coos even more.

"TaoTao. Let's go." Sehun squirms in Luhan's arms. Zitao does the same in Yifan's.

"Baba, I wanna go with TaoTao." 

"Baba, set me down please."

"Aw, how adorable," Jongdae says as Yifan and Luhan both set their boys down. Sehun and Zitao both wave to their Babas and ran to their class (who is about to go inside), hand-holding in the mix.

"I believe that they'll be close friends in the mere future." Yixing comments.

"Well, kids do take after their parents," Jongdae chuckles as the couple goes to their car, Yifan and Luhan following suit.

"Let's go home. I still need to... Baek, are you crying?" Chanyeol asks the teared up man.

"I'll miss my little baby boy," Baekhyun says in between sobs.

"It's just Kindergarten. It's not like he's..."

"Chanyeol, don't you dare start."

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "I was joking, yeobo." Chanyeol then pulls Baekhyun to their own car. 


A/N I hope that this chapter ain't too long. (nervous chuckles)

Anyway, I can't believe I'm this far. Enjoy this cute little 5-year-olds.