Curiosity

Fear of falling in love.

 

He didn’t even remember how he got home in the end. After the ambulance left, he walked straight home while his mind kept on replaying what had happened earlier. The moment he realized that he was in front of his door, he touched his shirt and looked down, praying for Taemin to not be awake and see him wet.

If only he could get into the bathroom before him…  Another thought crossed his mind and he wondered of the possibility for Taemin to catch him when he would go to search for dry clothes even if he did get the chance to get into the bathroom and take a quick shower or throw the clothes into the bathtub and lie to him that he slipped in…

Widening his eyes, he sketched a smile and snapped his fingers. That wasn’t a bad idea in the end. Throwing his clothes into the bathtub and lying that it slipped thru his fingers… Taemin was very smart and he might really not believe him but at least he could give it a shot. Nobody would get upset if he tried.

Opening the door, he peeked around and tip toed towards the bathroom. The feeling inside him was really weird because it made him feel like in an action movie where he was a thief or something like that. After making sure that the coas was clear, he ran inside the bathroom and locked the door behind him as he quickly got off all his clothes and threw them in the basket where they usually placed the dirty clothes.

The lights from the hallway and Sehun quickly jumped in the bathtub, turning the water on as he quickly sat down for Taemin to not see him thru the small blurry window which they had on the bathroom door.

 “Sehun?” he heard Taemin’s voice calling with a concern voice.

“I am taking a shower!” he said coldly and gulped nervously for him to go away from the door.

“Sehun, are you mad or something? Look, I promise I will not take your stuff without permission if this is the problem…”

“Whatever! Go away hyung! I wanna take a bath and I can’t do it if you keep me talking!” he mumbled.

“Come into the practice room when you’re done!” he said, making it sound more as an order.

Taemin was always a bit bossy with Sehun. Actually, it wasn’t really bossy but he saw him like a little brother so he tried hard to teach him what is good and what is bad. The “old protective brother” irritated Sehun most of the times despite that he knew Taemin had only good intentions! Sometimes, he just wanted for him to remember that between them, there is a difference of one year! Not even one year; yet, he always acted older.

Maybe because Taemin wanted to show him a mature side despite that he was a brat himself. Whenever he called Sehun to join him in the practice room, it was because he wanted to speak something serious with him.

After finishing his shower, he wrapped the towel around his waist and ruffled his wet hair as he walked to the practice room. The door was opened and it made Sehun stop at one meter from it so he can take a deep breath and stop thinking about earlier.

Taemin was practicing some dance steps while humming a song but when he saw him thru the window wall, he sketched a smile and turned at him, taking a couple of steps closer. Avoiding looking into Taemin’s eyes, he looked at himself into the mirror wall and waited impatient to hear why he had called him there in the first place.

“Why didn’t you get dressed?” Taemin asked while looking as his towel wrapped around his waist.

The question made Sehun scoff with disbelief and turn to look at him as he frowned.

“Yah! Why did you call me here?” he asked coldly.

“What’s wrong with you tonight? You seem so agitated!” Taemin said serious and folded his arms.

“Nothing!”

“Tell me! I am your hyung, I need to know if something is wrong with you!”

“Just because you are older with a few months that doesn’t make you my protector or something like that!”

“Yet, Soo Man told me to BE one so you better tell me what is wrong with you before I find out myself and tell him!”

In his mind there were only two things in that moment: to tell him or not. Taemin was a trustable person but he didn’t like it when he tried to interfere with his personal things. Also, what did he really want to hear? Was he really ready to hear that he almost got himself killed in the Han River while jumping to save this stranger whose face he barely even remembers?

If he met that person accidentally on the street, Sehun wasn’t sure if he would know it was the girl or not because it was really dark and she had a lot of hair covering her cheeks and forehead, making it even difficult for him to notice her features.

Without saying a word anymore, he turned around and walked straight into his room, locking the door to make sure that Taemin wouldn’t burst inside and ask him one million questions.

 

 ***

 

The next day, Miyeon slowly opened her eyes. Everything she could see was white and for a moment she wondered if that was heaven. Her sight was a bit blurry so she didn’t really saw around. What woke her up to real world was the voice of somebody who was almost screaming into her ear.

Her eyes suddenly widened after hearing whose voice it was and her sight got also clearer.

“WHAT WAS ON YOUR MIND!!!” a woman shouted.

The woman whom turned out to be her mother!

“YOU INCOMPETENT CHILD, I THOUGHT I RAISED YOU WELL BU-“

“Stop it!” the man said; raising his hand to indicate her to not say anything anymore.

Turning a bit, he looked at Miyeon with sad eyes and sighed deeply. Her father was a very calm person while her mother was more of a hysteric one. Normally, she`ll make a big fuss even if Miyeon dropped her pen and rolled a bit under the bed so it didn’t surprise her to see her even worst after hearing that she almost killed herself.

Thing which made her wonder… why was she there? Last thing she remembered was how she jumped in the river and waited to die… Whatever her mother or father had said forward, she didn’t hear. Everything she could think about was of how on earth she got outside of that river.

“You need to stay in the hospital for a few days.” she heard the nurse saying as she approached her bed.

Raising her sight, she blinked at the old woman who placed some pills on the desk next to her.

“Why?” Miyeon asked.

“The doctor knows best.” The nurse said and turned to look at her parents, totally ignoring her presence. “Please bring her some food and clothes to change in the next two or three hours. In two or three days she can be discharged and the doctor believes she is going thru some sort of a shock right now so it’s best if you let her rest today!”

Her father nodded and assured the nurse that he will do everything she had asked. By the time the nurse was outside the room, her mother almost started yelling at Miyeon again but her father got up from the armchair which was on her right side of the bed and lifted his hand in front of her mother again so she can stop talking.

“That’s enough! Miyeon, try and get some sleep while I will go to bring you some food and clothes.”

“How can you be so calm in such situations? This is serious! SERIOUS! She almost committed suicide and you are speaking to her as if nothing had happened at all!” her mother said really angry.

“It’s time for us to leave! Miyeon needs to rest!” her father commanded and after scoffing with disbelief, her mother walked outside of the room without looking back at them.

Her father smiled weakly at Miyeon and walked outside the room as well. It was visible of how affected he was because of all this episode… She knew that her father was really caring and seeing him suffering like that made her feel really bad about everything.

Even if she wanted to become a happy person, she wasn’t sure if she knew how…

Everything she knew was that she was very curious to know whom was the person that had saved her the night before! 

 

---

 

Please comment and let me know what you think!! ^^;;