Take me away

Fear of falling in love.

 

 It was a rainy night. A night that Miyeon wanted to make the last of her life. Nothing had hurt her so much and her heart has never been so broken before! She was feeling like a failure and everything she could think about was ways to take her life. Despite that her grades were very low at school - making her feel like a failure for not even being able to pass subjects - one of her best friends had moved to USA and told her that she was never going to come back to Seoul. 

Losing one of her best friends over night hurt her so much, especially because she was the only person that helped her forget her depressive nights which were becoming worst by day. In the past year, a lot of sad events had happened in her family and a lot of people had replaced her with better ones.

Her depression didn't start all off a sudden. At first, she thought that she will be able to be strong and not let it affect it that much. It was more as if she had been a puzzle and suddenly pieces started to get lost until the point when she didn't have any at all.

Outside was pouring rain but she didn't bother. She didn't even bother to take an umbrella with her. It wasn't like it mattered if she caught a cold, tomorrow she wouldn't wake up to see the sun anyway...

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and let tears fall down her cheeks. One good thing about walking thru the rain was that people never knew if you were crying or not.

Sighing, she her lower lip to taste her tears and it made her chuckle of how salty it was. There weren't many people around. It was very late and there weren't many cars either since it was a Sunday night and people were sleeping for the hard day which was ahead of them.

Looking at the Han river, she shove her hands into her pockets and walked closer to the edge, sitting down as she pulled her knees up to her chest. 

''Take me away...'' she whispered to the river and let more warm tears roll down her cheeks.

Nothing  seemed to convince her to stop all the nonsense that crossed her mind. She thought hard and tried to find one good reason why she wouldn't let the river take her away and forget about everything.

One reason. That was everything she wanted to stop her but... deep down, she knew there wasn't any.

''Somebody take me away... please!'' she shouted at the river which seemed to be angry because of the storm.

Lifting her arm, she made a gesture as if she wanted to grab the waves and without thinking about anything anymore, she started walking closer and closer. Without hesitation, she squeezed her eyes and jumped into the dark angry water. 

There was no way back now. Miyeon didn't know to swim and that was one of the main reasons why she had chosen to drawn herself. She knew that no matter how much she would struggle, there was no way to save herself. 

Han river was slowly pulling her down and Miyeon's image turned all black. Her heart beat was slower but she kept her hand lifted up as if she was waiting for someone to grab it and take her out of all the darkness that surrounded her. 

How much she wished she could have smiled of the irony that nobody would pull her  to the light... When she couldn't hold her breath anymore, she slowly opened , letting all the water drawn her and take her away from all the pain she had felt in the past year.

 
---
 
Ah! First chapter is so short and sad.. hope the next one will be better!! ^^;;