Changing roles

Fear of falling in love.

 

Early next morning, while EXO K members were practicing into their own room, Taemin suddenly pushed the door wide opened and walked towards Sehun while frowning. The expression on his face was really scary and it made Chanyeol and Su Ho wide their eyes afraid while taking a step back.

“YOU STUPID KID!” Taemin shouted and grabbed Sehun’s collarbone. “WHERE WAS YOUR MIND?! DO YOU EVEN USE IT?! HOW CAN YOU RISK EVERYTHING LIKE THAT AND PUT ME INTO TROUBLE TOO?! OH…”

Squeezing his eyes, Taemin took a deep breath and bit his lower lip before looking at Sehun again. As always, Sehun didn’t look impressed by Taemin’s scene. They were two different persons. Sehun was more of the cold, calm and not giving importance about some “stuff” while Taemin seemed more of the dramatic, warm looking guy and very serious.

“YAH! Hyung, what is wrong?” Kai asked concerned of what was between the maknaes.

“You come with me and explain everything to Lee Soo Man before I punch you!” Taemin said and grabbed his wrist, pulling him after as they walked to Soo Man’s office.

Sehun tried to pull his hand back from his grip but it was really hard in such conditions. Without trying to make the situation even worst, he let himself dragged into the office and when Taemin opened the door, he widened his eyes himself.

Next to Soo Man there was a man with a Nikon camera in his hands. On the table there were also a couple of photos which that guy probably had already shown to Soo Man; concerning him even more.

What was the possibility for him to be followed in the middle of the night by a guy with a camera in his hands?

“Oh Sehun!” Soo Man said with a serious voice while holding his hands behind his back.

“Good morning!” he said and bowed to him along with Taemin.

“Both of you sit down! I want you to see something!” he ordered and the boys quickly stood down on the couch which was on the left side of the room.

The man bowed his head and sat down on the chair which was in front of the desk while Soo Man took the photos from it and threw them on Taemin and Sehun’s laps.

“I want you both to explain me how this happened!” he said and folded his arms while sitting patiently in front of them.

Gulping nervously, they both looked at the photos which were with Sehun walking outside of the dorm’s entrance and also from Han River. Most photos were okay but the ones that made their faces burn were the ones with Sehun coming outside of the river while holding onto somebody.

Another photo which made Sehun shake badly was when a nurse was holding onto his shoulders to help him get up and there was also one with the person he dragged outside of the water. Luckily, the photo of the person wasn’t clear because of the rain and darkness. Sehun wasn’t too visible in those photos either but it wasn’t hard for Soo Man to recognize him.

Opening his mouth to explain, Taemin interrupted and looked at the guy with the camera.

“Why were you outside out dorm in the middle of the night while it was pouring rain outside?” he interrogated, trying to keep his calm.

“I was walking back home from work when I heard him mumbling something really angry. I didn’t know who it was at first but I zoomed my camera and when I noticed it was EXO K’s Sehun, I immediately did my job since I am a photographer for a known magazine from South Korea.”

“Boys, explain!” Soo Man ordered.

“Why? So he can have a story to sell along with those photos?” Sehun said while glaring at the photographer.

“I will publish it anyway! I know that a great story will bring me a good position in the company and I am not willing to receive any money for those photos. Besides, I saw everything. I already have the story.”

“We can sue you!” Taemin said.

“Do it if you want! Those photos will still be published anyway…” the photographer said and shrugged innocently.

“Aish!!” Taemin said really annoyed while Sehun scoffed with disbelief.

“Mister Kim instead is ready to tell a different version of this story! That is why I called you both here! Taemin, they are going to write that you were the one that went at the Han River!” Soo Man said, making them both wide their eyes of shock.

“What?” Sehun asked with disbelief.

“WHY?” Taemin almost shouted.

“There are a few photos where Sehun’s face isn’t visible at all and he can easily get mistaken with someone else, therefor we are going to say it’s you! EXO barely debuted and such a story won’t be pleasant no matter if it would have put him into a “hero” position or not!”

“Yes, okay but why me?!”

“Because you both live together and you already have a lot of fans whom are willing to stay up for you!”

When he turned to look at Sehun, he wasn’t sure if he was about to murder him or not because the pressure he was suddenly feeling on his shoulders was really hard. In the end, he mumbled an “okay” and rushed outside of the room before hearing anything else.

Sehun stood there for ten more minutes, explaining his version of the story, promising Soo Man that he would try to be more careful in the future!

After apologizing for all the trouble he had caused, he got up from the couch and bowed his head when Soo Man raised a finger.

“Don’t forget that in three days we are going to throw a surprise party for your birthday here in SM! There are going to be 200 people and you better act friendly! It will last around 30 minutes or an hour, you guys decide!” he reminded and Sehun nodded before walking outside the room.