Insomnia

Insomnia

 

 

 

Red and brown. Red and brown.

Those were some odd colors for a hotel ceiling. Sighing deeply, Taehyung gave up on counting tiles, and looked to his side, at the bundle of blankets on the other bed.

 

“Jungkook... Jeon Jungkook?” He tried whispering, and when that didn't work he raised his voice a bit. “Jungkook-ah?” Still no response.

 

Frankly, it was a bit unfair. It didn't seem to matter at all how many time zones they flew over, the maknae had never any problem sleeping. Turning back to the ceiling tiles, Taehyung made one last attempt to count them. But he gave up somewhere between ten and fifteen. It was too boring.

 

Feeling restless, he quietly sneaked out of bed. The air conditioner was on full blast, making it a bit chilly, so he quickly took the three steps separating the beds, and then crawled under the covers on the other side. So warm and comfortable.

 

“Jungkook-ah, are you sleeping?”

Still nothing. Gently, Taehyung fixed the maknae's hair. He looked sweet in his sleep, almost like the baby he used to be. Lately everything was moving so fast, and sometimes it felt like Jungkook had turned into an adult overnight. So it felt nice, seeing him like this.

With a hint of a smirk, Taehyung placed his index finger on the maknae's chin, moving it up and down, as he turned his voice squeaky, pretending that Jungkook was talking to him.

'Hi hyung. Are you awake?'

He giggled. This was fun. So he whispered back with his normal voice: “Yeah I couldn't sleep.”

'Too excited for tomorrow's concert?' He asked himself with a high voice while moving Jungkook's lips.

“I guess.”

'Me too.' Taehyung giggled again. This was funny. 'I don't wanna go to sleep.'

“Me neither!” He agreed heartedly.

'Maybe we should play a game!'

“Yes! Or go to the others' rooms and wake them up?”

'Yes, that sounds fun!'

Although that did sound fantastic, it was a bit more difficult to make fake-Jungkook do this, so Taehyung kind of needed the real one.

 

“Jungkook-ah?” He tried again, while pinching his cheek. That was funny so he also tried to tickle the tip of his nose.

No response.

So he tried grabbing the nose instead.

Finally, a reaction. The maknae moving in his sleep, slapping his hand away, and then burying his face in his arm.

It was working. Stopping his breathing was probably a bit too much, and his nose wasn't very ticklish. So he needed a better place. Getting excited, Taehyung sneaked his hand under the cover, found Jungkook's tank top and pulled it up. His stomach was warm, the skin soft, but Taehyun could feel the abs clenching as he tried to tickle him.

 

“Hyung... What are you doing?” Jungkook mumbled drowsily into his own arm.

“Tickling you” Taehyung admitted, giggling a bit. This was so much fun.

“Now is not a good time.”

“Why?” Taehyung asked innocently, while pinching his stomach, which was quite a bit firmer compared to back when they were trainees.

“Hyung. Go to sleep.”

“Why? Is our baby ticklish?” He asked giggling, but then Jungkook grabbed his wrist, opening up his eyes.

“Seriously hyung, stop.” He let out a heavy breath.

Okay, sure Taehyung was pushing it a little, since they had the concert tomorrow. But he was still a hyung so this was a little disrespectful. Also, it was way more fun if they were both awake, so he tried to continue the tickling but Jungkook's grip was surprisingly strong, and he repeated:

“I told you. Now is not a good time.”

Taehyung made one last attempt, but instead of stopping him. Jungkook took his hand and placed it on his stomach. Looking him directly in the eyes, Jungkook slowly pushed his hand further and further down, until Taehyung was touching something hard. Jungkook's something hard.

 

Eyes wide open, Taehyung could not believe this was happening, but Jungkook just stared back at him without wavering. Like Taehyung wasn't cupping his privates. Even through the pajama pants it was obvious how hard he was. Not just a little aroused, but completely. Too long Taehyung's palm was pressed up against it, until he realized how insane this was and jerked his hand back.

Without looking away, Jungkook sighed.

“Go to sleep, hyung.”

Too shocked to say anything else, Taehyung only muttered a quick:

“S-Sorry,” and hurried over to his own bed, heart beating a thousand times a second.

 

He closed his eyes, pretending to sleep, but naturally he couldn't. Not after this.

Few minutes later, he could hear Jungkook standing up, and going to the bathroom. Heart on overdrive, he wondered what exactly Jungkook was doing there. Though honestly, he didn't have to wonder. It was obvious. Holding his breath, Taehyung tried to hear something, his entire skin buzzing. But maknae was quiet.

 

Finally, Taehyung could hear the bathroom door opening up. He panicked and pretended to be a sleep. Keeping completely still, he tried to listen for any sound, anything at all, though he wasn't sure what exactly he was expecting.

He was not expecting a hand, once through his hair, and certainly not a soft kiss being placed on his forehead.

“Good night hyung,” Jungkook whispered quietly, and then went back to his own bed.

 

Only a few minutes later, Jungkook's breath turned deeper, and he was obviously fast asleep, which was completely unfair, because Taehyung's insomnia was even worse than before.