Chapter - 4 - Ineffable

Koi No Yokan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Chanyeol reached his office that day, the first thing he saw was Baekhyun’s grumpy face. The shorter man was sitting inside his office scrolling through his phone when Chanyeol walked in and as soon as he did, his pretty face morphed into a frown.

“You’re late Chanyeol.” He said getting up from his seat and walked towards Chanyeol to give him a peck on the cheek. “Where were you?”

Seeing Baekhyun in his office wasn’t surprising, given that the smaller man was one of the CFOs in this company. But today, somehow, it felt strange. He reciprocated the actions by hugging his waist and then walked to his table, eventually setting his stuff down before sitting.

“I got stuck in traffic,” Chanyeol answered without paying much attention. “What are you doing here this early though? I thought we were supposed to meet for dinner.”

“Yeah, I know,” Baekhyun grumbled as he settled down on the sofa that faced Chanyeol. “But I needed some files for the Lee Industry meeting, and I couldn’t get hold of Jongdae.” He pouted slightly as he let out an annoyed sigh.

Chanyeol didn’t answer and just hummed to whatever Baekhyun was saying. Somehow, he didn’t know why, but he just couldn’t stop thinking about the moments from this morning. It was strange and he didn’t appreciate how that small gesture was making him feel. Sure, he has had multiple breakfasts at five-star restaurants and eaten the food prepared by Michelin chefs countless times. But something about that Kyungsoo guy and the way he made his breakfast today… was just different.

It felt like his house was finally home. Not just a place where Chanyeol only went to eat and sleep. But a place where he felt something akin to happiness.

It was strange. Strange enough to make him overthink and overanalyze everything. Why did he feel this way for that guy? Why?

Before he could think more about this, he was jolted awake from his thoughts by Baekhyun. “Are you even listening to me?” he asked, looking rather irritated.

“Sorry,” Chanyeol apologized with a sigh. “What were you saying?”

“I’m saying,” Baekhyun answered with a huff as he got up from his seat and walked towards Chanyeol, “Where are the files?”

“Oh, they are in the cabinet over there,” Chanyeol replied pointing towards the brown cabinet near the wall.

Baekhyun quietly walked over there and grabbed whatever files he needed at the moment. “By the way,” he said as he looked through the files to check, “do you know where Jongdae is?”

“Jongdae?” Chanyeol looked at him with a stunned expression. When did Baekhyun get close to Jongdae? Well, not like he cared or anything, but it was a little surprising to find him getting interested in Jongdae suddenly when a few years back he couldn’t even stand the sight of him. “He’s out for a business trip. I think he’ll be back in a week.”

Baekhyun answered with a small hum as he continued to go through the files. Now, you might say that Chanyeol was overanalyzing everything, but he was sure that Baekhyun somehow felt disappointed with that reply.

“Why?” Chanyeol asked, looking at Baekhyun. “Do you need him for something?”

“Not really,” Baekhyun stated rather nonchalantly. “Anyways,” he sighed as he picked up the files and walked towards the door, “Sehun’s coming back this weekend. He was asking when you have time?”

“Ah really?” Chanyeol looked up with a smile. “It’s been a while.”

“Yeah,” Baekhyun chuckled fondly. “He said he’s finally thinking about settling down here. Let me know when you have time. He wants to grab dinner with us.”

Chanyeol nodded with a smile, delighted with the news that he was finally going to meet his cute brother after such a long time.

^^^

Kyungsoo stretched his hands and body as he looked around the apart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter