Bubbles

Suho's Puppy

 

“No! No! Not on the couch. You've got to take a shower!” Suho ran to the sofa to protect it from the mountain of dirt Sehun had brought in. He was covered from head to toe. Suho wondered if there was any sand left on the beach, it seemed like he had brought it all home with him.

Sehun smirked at him.

“What?” he almost didn't dare ask.

“Dogs can't shower on their own...” Sehun gave him a wide, dorky eyesmile.

“Uhhhmm... “ he tried to think about a way to get out of this, but Sehun was already threatening to leave his mark on all the furniture.

“Okay, okay! Come on, on to the bathroom with you!” he herded him into the bathroom, trying to minimize the trail of dirt he left behind him.

 

The moment they entered the bathroom, Sehun started taking his clothes off like nothing was more normal. And nothing was, really. He had seen Sehun at least a thousand times since debut, when he was just their little, cute maknae. He had always just thought of him as his annoying little brother, that was... until recently. He didn't know exactly when it had started, but he was beginning to see Sehun differently. He was all grown up now, and the man he grew up to be was pretty spectacular. His body was unlike any other. Those wide shoulders of his just seemed to go on forever, making him look manlier than the cuddly puppy he actually was.

Watching his lean muscles as he moved around stirred something in Suho, something he hadn't known was there, hiding in the shadows, waiting to get its time in the sun. But he was never going to allow it to surface, he didn't want to know what it was. Whatever it was, it was dangerous. And inappropriate. It was best just to lock it away in a dark corner and pretend it wasn't there. He ignored it when his insides started fluttering at the sight of a stark Sehun, and instead he jokingly urged him to get his into the tub.

“Bubbles!” Sehun exclaimed excitedly and jumped in, not waiting two seconds before splashing him with some bubbles.

“Ya!” he scolded him, which only encouraged Sehun, who laughed brattily and splashed him some more. He was starting to regret having made him a bubble bath, but he had done it more for his own sake, to make the water less see through.

He squirted some shampoo on Sehun's hair and started massaging his head. Sehun purred and closed his eyes, clearly enjoying it. Suho bit his lip and told himself over and over again that he was just giving his little maknae a bath. There was nothing to it.

When he gently rinsed his hair, Sehun yelped.

“Soap, soooap!” he whimpered and pointed at his eye, squinting.

“Hang on!” Suho carefully tried to rinse it out. But when he bent down to try and see better, Sehun used the opportunity to grab his arm and pull him into the tub with him. Suho gasped as the water swallowed him and his soaked clothes started sticking to his body. Sehun back hugged him, as as the day he was born, giggling triumphantly, finding this whole situation hilarious. Laughter was not the first thing on Suho's mind. His heart was pounding, his chest constricted with fear and apprehension. He needed to get out of this bathtub. Now.

Sehun hugged him tighter. He could feel his arms around him, his bare chest pressing up against his back, with only a thin, wet shirt between them. It felt nicer than it should. Sehun burrowed his face into his neck, murmuring sweetly. But then he started becoming aware of something else that lurked in the water. He jumped up, getting the hell out of there.

“Okay! You're clean enough I think.. he he...” he grinned awkwardly and threw a towel at Sehun, taking another one for himself. He needed to get out of these wet clothes, but he didn't want to do it in front of Sehun. It was usually no big deal, all the members were used to sharing tiny spaces backstage at concerts in which they all had to change clothes several times, but today it felt different.

He left Sehun in the bathroom and went to the bedroom to change. When he came out, Sehun was sitting on the sofa, with only a towel loosely wrapped around his waist. Sehun was one of those free spirits who found clothes restricting. He took a breath to steady himself, and threw himself on the sofa next to him as if nothing had happened. He the TV, pretending he was actually interested in the show that was on. Sehun yawned and cuddled up to him, putting his head on his thigh. Suho his hair gently until he fell asleep. Finally, that troublemaker was off to make mischief in the dreamland. He allowed himself to really look at his sound asleep face, softly his eyebrows that so often made him look like he was angry, when in reality he was just lost in his cutely simple thoughts. That big mut. He looked so peaceful and beautiful.

Slowly, he slid out from under his head, laying it gently on a pillow, covering his gorgeous body with a warm blanket.

“Good night.” he whispered and tiptoed over to the bedroom.

It had been a long day, but a really good one.