Chapter 2 - Seongwoo

Take A Bow

I am sitting on the bench at the park for a few minutes admiring the beauty that the nature has. The warmth that the sun gives, the coolness that the wind blows, and the happiness displayed to the children's faces while playing in the park.

 

After a while, I then decided to stand up and eat since it's lunch time and I am just relieved from my work. I left them in Minhyun and Jisung's hands since I trusted them enough to look for my cafè. The beast inside my stomach is clawing at me wanting him to be fed so I quickly walk to look for a place to eat.

 

While walking down the street looking for a nice place to eat, I saw Daniel eating with smiles on both of their faces. I am curious to who the girl is since I haven't met her and I almost know all of Daniel's workmates and friends. Maybe she's a new one. Maybe his friend from high school? But I didn't see her at junior's prom. Well I guess I'll just have to know her and who she is in Daniel's life.

 

I then decided to go inside and greet them with a sweet smile displayed in my face.

 

"Hi Daniel and Hi Ms?" I said that surprised Daniel.

"Nayeon. Im Nayeon." The girl introduces herself. She's beautiful I admit and cute at the same time. Nice Daniel. Nice pick. " And you are?" She added.

"Seongwoo. Kan~" But before I finish my introduction, Daniel interrupted me.

"Ong Seongwoo. My friend" What I heard caused a pain to my chest. Hurt can be seen in my face if you looked closely but before they saw it, I quickly changed expression. He introduced me as his friend, not his husband. I know that he's still uncomfortable telling others who I am to him - he's straight and just married a man because of our grandparents agreement and I completely understand that. And it's okay with me as long as he's making up to me at home and he always did. He gives me hugs and it's enough for me. I just want to feel him by my side. I know one day we will level up our ways of showing affection and I will patiently wait for that day to come.

"Oh I see. Are you having lunch? Come join us." Nayeon said to me.

"I would not want to dist~" and once again I'm interrupted.

"It's okay really. A friend of Daniel is also a friend mine." Nayeon cheerfully said as she, proclaimed by herself, made a new friend.

"Well maybe. If you insist." I still think this is a bad idea.

Nayeon really is a nice girl. She included me in their conversation but I don't know what to say. I just answered yes or no to some of her questions but about my life, well... I don't know what to say.

~~~
Working hours is over and I am currently in the kitchen cooking our dinner when I heard the front door opens.

"Ongie I'm home." I heard Daniel said as he entered the house.

"I'm at the kitchen Niellie." I said back to him for him to know where I am.

"What's for dinner?" Daniel walked up to me, gave me a back hug and asked.

"You're favorite." I excitedly replied since I know for a fact that Daniel loves my food. "Can you let go of me Niellie? I still need to finish this and we'll eat."

"Okay Ongie. I'll just head upstairs and change clothes." Daniel answered.

It's been a while since finished cooking and Daniel is still not coming down. I walked upstairs to inform him that the food is ready and we'll eat. I am infront of his room, yes you read it right 'his room' since he want to have his own room for privacy and I understands his decision, when I heard him say,

"I love you. I'll go now. Seongwoo will be waiting for me downstairs." Who is he talking to? I am jealous to the person he said 'I love you' to. I didn't heard him say those words to me even once, but that person who he's talking to received one.

"Niellie? Who are you talking to?" I wanted to know who the other person is. Who the person he said 'I love you' to.

"Oh, it's mom. She just asked how are we coping up with each other." Daniel answered.

'What are you thinking Ong Seongwoo. You should not be jealous to your husband's mother. She's his mother after all and you mother-in-low.' I scolded myself for being jealous to the woman who gave birth to my life, my husband, Kang Daniel.

"Oh okay. Let's go down and eat?" I asked him.

"Sure. Let's go down and eat." Daniel repeated what I said. We went down and enjoyed the food that I prepared.

Things have been all right these past months that we're together. Sure there are problems but we managed to deal with them and I know that all the problems we will face in the future will be a piece of cake since we have each other.

 

~~~~

Just a short update guys. Tell me if there's something wrong or off in this chapter. I'm not that pleased with these one. Maybe it's just my feeling or it's really not good enough. Tell me. And I'll try my best to do something with it. Before I forgot, this story will have 10-15 chapters only. Since I decided to have this as a short story.. Hope you'll stay with me until the end. I'll try to update quickly.