Chapter 5 - Daniel

Take A Bow

"At last, no Ong Seongwoo in our lives." My mom sighed. She really hates Seongwoo really much. I don't know the real reason why but I think maybe its because Seongwoo is a boy, and my grandparents still proceed with the marriage. Well, I also don't like it because I'm straight but what can I do? They are my grandparents and I love them.

"And I can finally be with my Danny without that in my way." Nayeon added that made my ears ring but I just smiled at her awkwardly. Thankful that she didn't noticed it.

I am eating with my family along with Nayeon when we heard a loud "bang" coming from outside. I ignored the sound thinking that it may be just something unworthy to look at. But then a loud siren coming from an ambulance is heard and out of curiousity I looked outside. Seeing that there are a lot of people around I decided to just ignore what had happened and went upstairs to get my phone and try to contact Seongwoo but I can't connect to his phone. I am really worried right now. I don't know what will happen to him and that made me really worried. In fact, I didn't really hate Seongwoo but I actually love him so much. He's kind, caring and loving and that's what a really good person is. The very first time I made love with Seongwoo is the best time of my life. Well, for me it is but I don't think it is to him since I forced him but well I loved it. I had only done those things just to show my mother what she wants but now I really regretted it. I regret everything that I did that hurt him and I will do anything to make it up to him someday and I promise that. And I will never ever let him go. He said that he will file a divorce but I will never sign it. Never in my life I will sign the papers that will make Seongwoo not my husband anymore.

 

I heard my mom called me so I went downstairs. I am in the middle of celebrating "No Seongwoo in Our Lives", as my mother wants to call it, my phone rings and it's from an unknown number.

 

"Is this Kang Daniel-sshi?" The person on the line said.

"Yes, I am Kang Daniel. Who's this?" I curiously asked.

"Uhm. This is Nurse Irene from *Whatever hospital name you want* Hospital. Can I ask what is your relationship with Ong Seongwoo-sshi?" Huh? How did she know Seongwoo? And why is the call from the hospital? Is there something wrong?

"I happened to be his husband." My mom snickered at what she heard. "Is there something wrong?" I curiously asked.

"I am sad to inform you Kang Daniel-sshi that your husband Ong Seongwoo-sshi is in the hospital right now. A car accident happened and he's in a critical condition right now." I froze to what I heard the nurse said. Seongwoo is in a critical conditon? What? How? I just saw him earlier and he even rampaged in front of us. I didn't even notice that tears escaped my eyes. I could comprehend what the nurse said. Maybe she's just pranking me? Bluffing?

"You're joking right?" I asked accompanied by an awkward laugh.

"No sir. I am not joking. I am 100% sure not joking right now. Your husband is in critical condition." And with that I begin to cry. I don't know why but I am crying really hard. It makes no sense that Seongwoo's accident hit me this hard. Why?

"Uhm. T-Thank Y-you for i-informing me." I said between cries and ended the call. 

"Who's that son? Are you okay son? Why are you crying?" My mom asked me and I couldn't answer straight.

"Mom. Seongwoo... Seongwoo is in the hospital right now and he's in critical condition." I answered.

"So what? He's no one Daniel. He's no one. He not impor ----" My mom said and that angered me. I didn't really know why but the words my mom said really angered me and I don't think I can forgive her if she continues to say it so I cut her.

"No one? He's my husband mom. He's my husband." I shouted at my mother due to so much emotions bottled inside of me - anger towards my family, regret to what I had done, sadness because Seongwoo left and pity towards myself since I can't stand up and fight for my love for Seongwoo.

"No he's not Daniel. He's no one. He's not important to you. Nayeon is. She has to be your wife and not that ." I can't take this non-sense anymore.

"No she's not. You want her to be my wife but I don't. I love my husband and I will not let him go. I can't put up with your non-sense anymore. I just followed what you want since your my mother but that cost me my husband, my love and my life. I can't do this anymore. I love him so much and I will take care of him even if it cost me this family - this ed up family that only." I then stood up and went to the door to leave.

"And where are you going young man? You can't live this household and if you do, you're no longer my son." My mom threatened me. And if she really mean what she said then so be it. Seongwoo is my family. Seongwoo is my life and I can't live without him.

"I'm going to my life." And with that short sentence, I left.

 

I drove fast, not caring about the speed limit, to the hospital the nurse said. I immediately went to the information desk to ask about my husband and they told me that he's still in the ER(emergency room) for his surgery. I went near the room and sat on the chairs and patiently waits for the surgery to be finished.

After some time, the doctor went out and called for Seongwoo's family. I stood up and told them that I am his husband.

"The surgery's successful Kang Daniel-sshi and he's okay now but there's something that has gone wrong. Your husband is a weeks pregnant but he lost the baby." My world crashed as to what the doctor had said. My husband is pregnant with my baby and didn't even know that. My baby, my child, my flesh and blood. I lost my child and it's all because of me. It's my fault. It's completely my fault.

"We will now move him in a private room and you can visit him there." The doctor said. I am a tard. I am a jerk. I am a failure. I am the worst husband and the worst father of all father's out there. I am the worst person living right now. I made this to myself. I let my husband suffer and it's all because of me.

I stood up, slowly walked to the room that my husband is and opened the door. I looked at my husband peacefully resting on the bed. I slowly went close to him and cried. I broke down and blamed myself for everything. I am still crying when I felt movement. I slowly lifted my head and saw that Seongwoo is looking at me scared.

"Let go of me, Daniel. Let go of me please." Seongwoo cried while still trying to pull his hand away from me but I didn't let him.

"Seongwoo-yah. Seongwoo-yah." I just chanted his name like a mantra and I just cried and blame myself for everything. "I am sorry Seongwoo-yah. I am really sorry." I apologized. Seongwoo looked at me with tears in his eyes and I can't afford to see him like that. I want to make everything right and I will start once Seongwoo forgive me. "I know I am a jerk and I know am the worst husband out there. I am really sorry Seongwoo. I am really sorry. Please forgive me. Please."

"Do you think I am that easy Daniel. After everything that had happened. Do you think it is easy for me to forgive you? You broke me Daniel. You broke me into tiny little pieces. You crushed my hopes and dreams Daniel. You crushed me. Do you think I can forgive you that easily? Do you think just a simple 'sorry' will heal me Daniel. No it's not." Seongwoo shouted.

"I know Seongwoo. I know. And I will do everything I can just to make this right. I know it will take time but I will do my best. I love you Seongwoo. I love you so much." I replied and I saw Seongwoo froze but he quickly regained composture.

"You love me? Are you kidding me Daniel after what you've said and done? Just go to YOUR Nayeon and leave me and my baby alone." Seongwoo said mocking me. 

"I really do Seongwoo and I love our child. And about that, we've lost our baby because of the accident." I dejectedly said to him. Seongwoo begins to cry again while caressing his tummy.

"My baby. My baby is dead." Seongwoo broke down. I carefully went close to him and hug him. I want to comfort him, show him that I love him very much, that I will do everything I can to make it right and that I regret everything that I've done to him. Seongwoo begins to easen up and comfortably lay in my chest. I caressed his arms to show him support and that I will never leave him.

"Daniel. Our baby Daniel. I lost our baby." Seongwoo continues to cry and I continue to calm him down. After some time, he did and fell asleep.

"I promise Seongwoo. I will never ever gonna let you go and I will never ever gonna let you cry again. I will make you happy and I will love you until the day that I die." I sworn to myself.