A Missing Valentine

The Bright And The Playful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you comfortable going to the movies though?” Baekhyun asked Minseok as the two were walking to the parking lot. “I feel like I was too rushed with the decision. We could do something if you want.”

 

Minseok was debating in his mind. Watching a movie sounds nice. He hadn’t had the opportunity to go the theaters and watch a new movie that was out and showing in such a long time. However, he still wanted to be careful. Minseok thought back to how he goes to campus full of people almost everyday, and he hasn’t gotten caught yet, so maybe it would not be such a bad idea. If not the movies though…

 

“Hmmmm…What else could we do?” Minseok thought aloud.

 

Baekhyun paused and grabbed Minseok’s hand, causing the other to stop in his steps.

 

Minseok turned his head to face the other, “Huh?”

 

It seemed too extra, and it felt like there was another meaning behind it when Baekhyun’s other hand reached up to cup Minseok’s cheek, which was still covered by the mask, “We can do anything you desire, anything.”

 

Minseok gulped.

 

Baekhyun took his hands back to himself. “Did I scare you?” he let out a soft smile, “I’m sorry if I did. I just get carried away sometimes. I’m not good at hiding my feelings.”

 

“No, no. It’s okay. I figured that part out already,” Minseok shook his head slightly.

 

“I mean it though. We can do anything else you want. Go for a meal. Go for a drink. Play golf. Go swimming. I am totally willing to let you sneak a longer peak again.” Baekhyun gave Minseok a wink.

 

He got flustered. Minseok definitely felt the blush coming back to his cheeks again, but that idea didn’t seem bad at all. Deep down, there was a part of him that hopes that would be the option they go with. “No, it’s fine. I’ve been wanting to go. I haven’t been in so long.”

 

“Is that so? Why not? So many great movies have been coming out.”

 

Minseok rubbed his nape. “My job just doesn’t allow a lot of time for a lot of stuff. Even regular things like going to the movies. So, I’m happy with the movies. Thank you for asking me again, Baekhyun.”

 

“Of course. But really though. What kind of job is that strict? Interesting. Maybe you’re a spy in disguise. Explains the whole cover up issue.”

 

“If only. But, I think a spy wouldn’t cover up at all. That would be more natural.”

 

Baekhyun laughed at the response, “True.” He smacks his lips and let out a breath, “Doesn’t matter now! All that regular stuff you miss, I will do everything with you now.” He grabbed Minseok’s hand again and started dragging the other to his car, “Come on, darling! We have much to experience together.”

 

Minseok felt the warmth in his hand and the smile on the his face.

 

We…I like how that sounds.

 

Jongin and Sehun were on one of the many green grass field of their school. Jongin was laying down, resting his head on Sehun’s lap. The younger bringing him comfort by gently his soft hair.

 

“You know,” Jongin started out, “Valentine’s Day is coming up.”

 

“I can tell. When I went to the mall with Baekhyun-hyung, he was all down about it.”

 

“Hearing that has me annoyed,” Jongin turned so that he was looking up at Sehun, “I know you guys hang out, but it’s still annoying sometimes.”

 

Sehun smiles, “You got jealous of Minseok-hyung the other time, and now what? You’re jealous of Baekhyun-hyung, too? You already know everything. I never keep it from you. It’s not like he doesn’t know we’re together. He was jealous I had a boyfriend to celebrate with.”

 

“Still! He used to like you! Never let your guard down.”

 

“He is just an older brother now.”

 

“Yeah, whatever.”

 

“Plus, these days, he has something going on.”

 

“Yeah, well, he keeps visiting your dorm room,” Jongin grumbled.

 

“He goes even when I’m not there,” Sehun chuckled.

 

“Still. You know, that has been getting on Chanyeol’s nerves, too. He’s not letting it show too much, but he isn’t the best at hiding it. Minseok-hyung and Kyungsoo-hyung did used to have a thing going on.”

 

“No, trust me. He is going for something else. Kyungsoo-hyung told me he’s interested in someone right now. That’s why he keeps coming over, but it isn’t one of us. He knows we’re dating other people.”

 

“That doesn’t make any sense! What does visiting your room have to do with his love life then?! You, are not telling me everything, huh?!”

 

“You’ll know when the time comes,” Sehun poked Jongin’s cheek, “Now, stop being a baby. What do you wanna do for Valentine’s Day.”

 

“Uhm…anything I want?”

 

“Sure? Don’t choose anything too weird though.”

 

Jongin smile’s was a bit evil, “Depends, what is your definition of weird?”

 

 

“You’re a safe driver,” Minseok complimented when they got out of the car at their destination.

 

“Really?” Baekhyun shut the car door.

 

“Why? Don’t hear that often?” Minseok shut his door, too.

 

“The only reason it was a safe ride…was because you were there.”

 

“You don’t drive safe like that regularly?”

 

“…” Baekhyun locked the car in silence.

 

“How do you drive?”

 

“Lets just say…I was very known at my school for my driving. I tend to drive on the more fun side.”

 

“Fun? As in not safe?”

 

“As in, the scare you get in your chest from a roller coaster for an expensive ticket, I can give you that heart attack for free if you are a passenger in my car.”

 

“Don’t you think you should have mentioned this before? I could have drove us.”

 

Baekhyun linked their fingers together, a warmth that Minseok had gotten used to regardless the little amount of time they’ve spent together, “Why would I? I drove with extra care because it was you.”

 

“If you were alone?”

 

“I put like my life on the line.”

 

“It’s that bad?!” Minseok’s eyes widened underneath the glasses.

 

“I’m kidding,” Baekhyun laughed, “I just wouldn’t be as safe.”

 

“Drive safe from now on then.”

 

“I will. I have to now.”

 

“Why?” Minseok tilted his head, “What changed? I won’t be with you every time you drive, you know.”

 

Baekhyun tightened his hold on Minseok’s hand, “I know, but I have to drive safe now. I have to take care of myself and live everyday so that I can see you everyday.”

 

“You just don’t stop, do you?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged, “What can I say? I’m a romantic.”

 

 

“Did you like it?” Baekhyun asked Minseok as they walked out the theater about how he felt about the movie although he could clearly tell how the other felt.

 

“I love it!”

 

“I can see that.”

 

“How?”

 

“You were like smacking me at some point when you were laughing.”

 

“Oh, I did?! Sorry, I didn’t know.”

 

“No, it didn’t hurt or anything.,” Baekhyun waved it off. Even in the dark theater, Minseok still kept his face covered. He thought the other would take it off at some point in time because well, wouldn’t it be too stuffy? Guess not.

 

Minseok huffed, “Thank you, though! For this.”

 

“Well, not bad for part one of our first date, right?”

 

“Part one?” Minseok questioned. As in, “There’s part two?”

 

“If you want there to be. Let’s go eat. I’ll treat,” but then, Baekhyun thought again. “Actually, maybe that isn’t such a good idea. You’re gonna have to let me see half your face, so…what else can we do?”

 

Minseok felt bad. He was hungry. He did wanna eat with Baekhyun, but it's true, he would have to reveal half his face. He was touched Baekhyun thought of that for him. “I really do want to eat with you, but-but I-“

 

“No, buts. Its okay. I understand. Whenever you’re ready, to trust to me.”

 

The idol was just ready to trust him then and there. Baekhyun really is something dangerous. He was so reassuring and caring. It was their second meeting for crying out loud. Minseok low key did want to cry aloud. His whole head was messed up.

 

“You know,” Baekhyun thought, “we could eat at one of those places that have single seats. They have walls in between to separate us.” In his mind, that was a good option for eating together, if that counted still as eating together. But then, he also thought…Is that a bit too much?

 

“Are you hungry, is that why you want to eat?” Minseok asked.

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “No, not really. Eating was the first thing I thought of.”

 

“I’m not hungry either,” Minseok declared.

 

“Well, there were other things you wanted to do right? What was something else you’ve wanted to do?”

 

“Anything?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter