What's Up, Ladies?

Remedy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Five minutes have passed and Sooyoung was already feeling the kick the drink gives after finishing her first glass. Hyoyeon, who was having a stare down with the bartender, is already halfway to consuming her second glass. Yuri, on the other hand, knew that U-TINT was definitely stronger than it tastes, so she planned on taking it slow, knowing that if she rushed it, it would only give her a massive hangover that would probably last two days.

 

Flashlights from the phones of the ‘witnesses’ gathered around served as a reminder of what each of the challenger would have to give if they can’t walk the talk. U-TINT is a 300-ml all-black chilled mixed drink. Nobody knows of its content, nobody broke free from its strong spell, and nobody, certainly, drank more than its brewer. Yet, the wielder of the crown of U-TINT believes otherwise. Yuri seems to drink alcohol as if it’s coffee, the one she refers to as a normal substance in her system, surpassing water as a basic fluid of her body. Sunny knows Yuri is bad for Tiffany, and Tiffany is bad for Yuri. Sunny knows that Yuri can take 5 glasses of U-TINT, 4 and a half in less than 14 minutes if not, and that she would purposely won't finish all of them.

 

 

Yuri never rushed drinking. When she’s drowning herself with alcohol, she does it properly. She wants a flood, not a tsunami. Taking the effect of alcohol like going down a stairway, there’s no climbing up when you get to rock bottom with a rocked sense of existential crisis. This is what Yuri drinks for, unlike the other two psychos who want an end-of-the-world kind of tsunami. Sooyoung, after her second glass in 9 minutes, lost the capability to look straight and maintain seated upright. Hyoyeon, on the other hand, is still awfully trying to keep her cool after emptying her third glass. By this time, her hand that is strongly clutching the end of the counter is her support for not tipping off on any other side. The stare down with the bartender hasn’t died down yet, but it’s quite obvious that Hyoyeon was exerting too much effort to stare into Sunny’s eyes. The over-amplification of her eyes says it all, honestly. Drinking a lot is one, but drinking a lot in such a fast manner is worse.

 

 

“If ya can’t stare and drink at the same time, it’s not a crime ya know.” Sunny winked at Hyoyeon.

 

 

“Screw that. I’ll finish this 4th and 5th drink right before your eyes.” Hyoyeon gritted her teeth.

 

“Ya sure bout that, superstar? Ya haven’t even touched the 4th glass since yar too hung up on recovering from yar 3rd drink, yah?” Sunny smirked.

 

 

“Psh. I bet you haven’t even drank a full glass of this, rainbow.” Hyoyeon rebutted.

 

 

Sunny’s infamous high-pitched laugh echoed even against the commotion the witnesses were giving off. The crowd, as well, reacted to what Hyoyeon said. But since she was now more than tipsy, she can’t help but ignore the reaction of the heads snooping around them the moment they’ve started.

 

 

11 minutes have passed and Hyoyeon haven’t touched her 4th glass yet. Sooyoung, by now, already has her whole face on the counter, using her hands to cover it from the people whom one of them she’ll probably mess with soon. She could only groan to the heavy twirling and swirling going on inside her head even though she has her eyes closed.

 

 

“OKAY FOLKS!! ONE PREY HAS BEEN TARGETED, I REPEAT, THERE IS ONE PREY HERE!!!! Doncha worry, honey. If I have the poison, then I have the cure. We’ll fix ya right up with a magic drink o’mine.” Sunny patted Sooyoung’s sunken shoulders.

 

… “and you, straightest ruler. If you even dare spill a drop of your 4th glass, I swear to God you won’t walk out of here without the certainty of being eternally gay.”

 

 

“Damn. I didn’t know you can speak like a normal human being.” Hyoyeon answered back.

 

 

Sunny made a face before leaving the spot to mix something up for Sooyoung. The 13th minute was up, and Yuri just finished her 3rd drink. Still sensibly and visibly sane, she holds onto her 4th glass and starts drinking at a normal pace. Sunny at the other end of the counter comes back with a cocktail shaker.

 

“DEAR LORD. ALL OF YOU BIATCHEZ, DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?!?!?!” She shouted at the top of her lungs while shaking the mix ear by ear. Despite of this, she was very much confused of what Yuri’s intentions are.

 

The crowd reacted by a low and loud “UWOHHHHHH”

 

The 14th minute was up and the crowd started to count the 30 seconds left for Yuri to finish 4 and more than a half glasses to beat the record. She was already halfway through her 4th drink.

 

“FIVE!!!”

 

“FOUR!!!!”

 

“THREE!!!”

 

“TWO!!!!”

 

And just before the crowd was able to shout out the last number, Yuri consumed the last drop of the 4th glass.

 

The counter was filled with a sound of disappointment.

 

“Ha. I knew it. Bless me. I AM SUCH A YOUNG FAIRY GODMOTHER.” Sunny thought to herself.

 

Just when the crowd was about to die down, Yuri sat up, got ahold of the fifth drink, faced the crowd, toasted it up, and chugged it down in less than five seconds. When she finished the last drop, she slammed the glass hard on the counter. At the sound of that, the crowd went wild and gathered around Yuri who was surprisingly seen smiling.

 

Sunny dropped the cocktail shaker she was holding and spilled the magic drink she was talking about. was left wide open. Hyoyeon, who wasn’t able to drink a sip from her 4th glass, was smiling sinisterly, now knowing that Yuri actually likes the girl that the bartender was talking about.

 

When the crowd dispersed and left the three psychos, Sunny lost it.

 

“HOLY ING MS. KWON YURI?!?!?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE ING AUAL?!?!?!”

 

“The hell are you mad about, woman?!??” Hyoyeon interrupted.

 

“I am.” Yuri, back to her self, answered seriously.

 

“THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU DRINK FIVE GLASSES OF U-TINT YOU BIATCH?!?!?!?!”

 

“Isn’t that obvious?” Yuri answered innocently.

 

“HELL TO THE NO?!?!?” Sunny shouted back.

 

“I thought it’s more than obvious that I want to stay away from HER and that she stays away from me.” Yuri answered, now with a confused slash angry look on her beautiful slash handsome face.

 

“URRRGHRRGHGRHHGH YOU REALLY ARE A DUMB ARENCHA?!?!?!??!?!” Sunny definitely lost it

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” Yuri, now obviously steaming hotter.

 

“THE DEAL YA STUPID!!!! IF YOU LOSE YOU’LL STAY AWAY FROM HER AND IF YOU WIN… WELL I THINK YOU’VE GROWN OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT IT MEANS WHEN YOU WIN WON'T YOU UHHRGRHRGRHRGH WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS KWON YURI!??!!” Sunny was pulling her hair down with her eyes bulged out, trying to kill Yuri’s stupidity at the moment.

 

Yuri bit her tongue. Hyoyeon was only listening, waiting for the funny yet tensioned conversation to continue. Sunny was still pulling her hair down with both of her hands, now with her eyes closed. And just as if the world was against all of them…

 

“What’s up, ladies?”

 

The three heads of the three p

Please log in to read the full chapter