The Drink of the Gods

Remedy
Please log in to read the full chapter

After walking for around half an hour, she stood in front of the club.

 

*NECTAR*

 

“Hmmm. It doesn’t look cheap. Might as well enjoy this never-ending feeling of misery with a lot of alcohol.” She whispered to herself sarcastically.

 

There was no line and the door welcomed people with its red velvet handles that was shimmering with glitters. It was a bit too odd for Yuri, to be honest. Nevertheless, when she entered, there was a thick red velvet curtain separating her and the alternate reality she wishes to be in. All she needs is to use her hands to peek in through where the music was blaring loudly, almost beating to the sound of her heart. It was the rush she was always yearning for. The rush that could pacify the remorse and despair she feels every day.

 

Yuri was fairly neutral with people, but she wasn’t open to flirting. She didn’t really like to act coquettish when she’s in a club or a bar. All she wants to do is drink her pain away. And that’s what she was going to do. Passing through the thick crowd of sweaty people with her head down, she made her way through the counter. A lot of seats were vacant, it seemed like even on a Tuesday, people want to get their energy wasted on the dance floor. But it was alright, it held more space for her and her misery.

 

“Whatcha wanna drink, good-lookin’?” the bartender asked Yuri.

 

“Anything that can get me wasted, honestly.” Yuri monotonously answered.

 

“My best mix, coming right up!”

 

“What in the world are you?” Yuri wanted to ask the bartender.

 

The bartender had smoky make up on, but ITS hair is neatly cut with a razor on the sides while the front leaves a handful of bangs that was probably showered with hairspray to spike up. Despite of the manly aura, the voice of the person was too squeaky for a man. Yuri, with her ignorance to people inside bars and clubs due to disinterest, couldn’t identify if the bartender was a he or a she.

 

“Here ya go, good-lookin”

 

Yuri only responded with a nod.

 

“Ya new here arentcha? Whatcha lookin’ for?”

 

“Yep. Only looking forward to get drunk.”

 

“Really, now? Dontcha wanna get laid?”

 

“Na-uh.”

 

“Arentcha a talker, aye?”

 

“I appreciate the small talk, but could you kindly off… please.” Yuri casually responded after sipping a bit of the cocktail. “not bad, your best mix.”

 

“So you can actually make small talk.”

 

“So you can actually say “you” and talk like a normal person.”

 

The bartender laughed. Noticing that the laugh was high-pitched, Yuri knew this person was a she.

 

“I can’t kindly off since most of the customers are busy tryna get laid by grindin’ on eachather on the dance floor and these seated bastards here wanna be left alone cause they saying they waiting on them predators to attack em. And I’m just a lonely overly talkative bartender who wanna make small talk from time to time. I’m bored too cause people don’t wanna get that drunk, ya hear?”

 

“Tell your customers to go to a dance club rather than this one. If they don’t want alcohol might as well go to a karaoke place.”

 

“Phwww. Who gets laid there?” The bartender hissed.

 

“Why do people desperately want to get laid?” Yuri asked, exasperated.

 

“Honey, are ya still a ?” The bartender asked in an obvious judgmental tone.

 

Thankfully, a customer called the attention of the nosy bartender to make a drink. Yuri wanted to go someplace else, but she was afraid there was no other place near her flat to get good drinks to. She remained in her seat until she finished her drink and asked the bartender for another one. She knew the not-so-small talk would continue.

 

“Hereee ya go.”

 

Yuri, wanting to be left in peace, nodded.

 

“Heyyyy talk talk to me, talk talk talk to me” the bartender singing a song of a girl group that would soon make a comeback.

 

Yuri raised a brow.

 

“I’m a good singer, huh?” The bartender asked while raising her two eyebrows asking for a confirmation.

 

“Can I please have a normal bartender? The kind that doesn’t care about her customers?”

 

“Ooooh am I not your type, then? Ouchhh.” The bartender clasped her heart.

 

“I’m not gay. I don’t like people. I don’t like small talks. I only want to get drunk in peace. So, please. Kindly. . Off.” Yuri replied, trying so hard to stay as patient as she can with the nosy bartender

 

The bartender only laughed a pitch five times higher and louder than her normal one. Yuri cringed by the sound of it.

 

“What the hell is funny about what I said???” Yuri slowly losing a hold on her patience.

 

“Everything you just said is hilarious as . You’re in the wrong place, babe.”

 

Yuri was only glaring at the bartender as she was talking. The bartender could only sigh.

 

“Look. This place, first of all, is always filled with people. If you don’t like people, go drink at home. If you do

Please log in to read the full chapter